MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

Just now, Sir von Lego said:

Minifigs were all plain white in the room.

Oh, do you know the vehicles, it might help identify some of the figs, did the sets look bigger or mid size? Sorry for the questions, but... Exitiment!

12 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

Minifigs were all plain white in the room.

What’s the set that people thought was a V-19? Is it from the PT or ST?

38 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

I never saw it before...

Could you just describe what you've seen, to prevent lots of people asking you questions bit by bit. Just describe the sets the best you can and how many figures were with them/ their accessories.

I don't know why people still think we're getting a V-19. It's pretty safe to say that the rumor was fake. The description of the real throne room set is very different from the "leaked" description, and if Sir Von Lego didn't see a V-19 at Toy Fair, it's safe to say we aren't getting it.

Edited by Commodore Thrawn

10 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

The throne room is way smaller than the Imperial one from 75093, with Rey and Kylo and Snoke, only one (two) new minifigs (guards). 70 EUR = 20 EUR too much

What about the other sets we haven't see yet? Could you atleast PM what you've seen to your best description and keep it confidential between users?

Also since you saw the solo sets was there anything noteworthy about the TIE and the falcon?

1 hour ago, Legofan2001 said:

Is there a transport ship from the last Jedi?

I'm interested to know this as well. It's kind of a side ship, but I tend to enjoy these types of vehicles. Thanks for any input you can provide SVL.

1 hour ago, SCREDEYE said:

What about the other sets we haven't see yet? Could you atleast PM what you've seen to your best description and keep it confidential between users?

Also since you saw the solo sets was there anything noteworthy about the TIE and the falcon?

Unfortunate as it may be, I'm relatively certain that this would be no different in the end from posting information publicly. :/

@Sir von Lego, I believe that it's fair to say that we all appreciate what you do. Thank you for your patience and continued interest.

1 hour ago, Sir von Lego said:

The throne room is way smaller than the Imperial one from 75093, with Rey and Kylo and Snoke, only one (two) new minifigs (guards). 70 EUR = 20 EUR too much

Y'know, yeah; I was certainly wondering as to whether or not TLG would find a way to depict the events of the set as a feature-crammed playset, or if they would dial it back a bit. Man, it's too bad to hear that the price is still high.

If you don't mind, SvL: would you be able to mention if 75221 was on display? you had mentioned that it had a codename in the past. If so, could you touch on the (approximate) size/price? Regardless, thank you!

Edited by Azani

I don't get why always this mistery. You saw something, then say what you saw. You saw something, but you don't have permission to say what you saw, then don't say anything. Just don't tease really marginal aspects with hundreds of replies. 

Sir Von Lego can you say if we get any more playset style Ep8 from what you saw? Don't have to say anything about planet/scene/character. Just that basic distinction of playset vs vehicle please.

1 hour ago, Casta16 said:

I don't get why always this mistery. You saw something, then say what you saw. You saw something, but you don't have permission to say what you saw, then don't say anything. Just don't tease really marginal aspects with hundreds of replies. 

This always happens here. If he really knows something but cant say it he shouldve kept it quiet and just said if he liked what he saw or not so we could all move on. From the way he's replying, it sounds like he's just piggy back riding off of previous rumours and actually dodging questions that would reveal new info and potentially hurt his reputation if found false. It's just annoying that this always happens and people always fall for the same dumb trap.

I really don't think sir Von Lego is trying to be mysterious or evasive. 

It can't be easy to see all those Lego sets, Star Wars and all and then try to recollect every detail from memory for very, very specific questions. Then having to do that in what I assume Is his second language can't help either. 

If he then decides to be a bit playful with his replies, then so be it.

13 minutes ago, That Orange Thing said:

I really don't think sir Von Lego is trying to be mysterious or evasive. 

It can't be easy to see all those Lego sets, Star Wars and all and then try to recollect every detail from memory for very, very specific questions. Then having to do that in what I assume Is his second language can't help either. 

If he then decides to be a bit playful with his replies, then so be it.

Sorry but when his answers are only what everyone has seen from leaked images and a repeat of the snoke throne rumour while every other question has been conveniently dodged then im calling BS. If he saw solo sets then why can't he tell us what it was like? No interior? No play features? And the TIE is a TIE? What about the remaining mystery sets? He never addressed that at all, he's conveniently very quiet about it. I stand by my point where I say if he really did go there then he could be held his silence and at most said he liked/disliked what he saw but this whole game people play over and over is frankly irritating and goes on for pages.

Edited by SCREDEYE

From the sounds of it, there is very little to go off on. For the most part information about the sets are already known. The only thing left to figure out are the confidential sets and minifigures and if the Minifigures are all plain white ones like they had last New York Toy Fair with prelim boxes, there is not much to say. Sounds like he said most of what he could.

SvL has been reliable in the past.

Gees people are whining here. 

Sets will be out soon enough. When you see prelims you can make up your mind. Hassling people about it will not lead to information quicker and only increase the overall angst.

We’re here again.

There are people on this forum that have either seen the sets for this year or will be seeing them soon, either at events and toy fairs or via direct retail partner meetings with Lego. If they are found out as leakers of info to a board then they’d be fired.

I’m sure when people have their meetings there’s a lot to take in and they may not even have Star Wars as a main interest so details are difficult to remember, especially when you’ve got other licensed and non licensed sets to go through.

It may be frustrating to some if everything isn’t shared as they’d like but I’d ask people be at least grateful that they get to hear about things before 99% of the population.

There are people that become known for reliable information over a period of time, not just a detailed splurge of a full wave in just their first or second post.. thankfully we have some very reliable people here. You’d be surprised just how many ‘rumours’ or ‘confirmations’ other sites get that are just lifted from these pages.

Edited by Robianco

53 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

Sorry but when his answers are only what everyone has seen from leaked images and a repeat of the snoke throne rumour while every other question has been conveniently dodged then im calling BS. If he saw solo sets then why can't he tell us what it was like? No interior? No play features? And the TIE is a TIE? What about the remaining mystery sets? He never addressed that at all, he's conveniently very quiet about it. I stand by my point where I say if he really did go there then he could be held his silence and at most said he liked/disliked what he saw but this whole game people play over and over is frankly irritating and goes on for pages.

I can understand your concern/sentiment as a general rule, but are you unfamiliar with SvL, man? He's consistently been accurate and on point with everything that he's said for years.

There's absolutely no rush, nor any sense of entitlement that anyone should even hint at when such information happens to become available. it's incredible, it's rare, and it's very special. We all owe SvL our thanks.

6 minutes ago, Azani said:

I can understand your concern/sentiment as a general rule, but are you unfamiliar with SvL, man? He's consistently been accurate and on point with everything that he's said for years.

There's absolutely no rush, nor any sense of entitlement that anyone should even hint at when such information happens to become available. it's incredible, it's rare, and it's very special. We all owe SvL our thanks.

Dilly Dilly