MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

at the latest toy fair press conference, officials stated, that sales for SW sets - for the first time ever - decreased last year.
One reason could be "overfeeding" us with sets, but still this correlates with other toy brands, which have problems getting rid of their mass produced toys for the latest movies.

And like stated before, there are no reports of a V-Wing fighter or whatsoever - the throne room is the only set that got confirmation.

(sry for offtopic posting, thought this could be of interest)

1 hour ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

at the latest toy fair press conference, officials stated, that sales for SW sets - for the first time ever - decreased last year.
One reason could be "overfeeding" us with sets, but still this correlates with other toy brands, which have problems getting rid of their mass produced toys for the latest movies.

And like stated before, there are no reports of a V-Wing fighter or whatsoever - the throne room is the only set that got confirmation.

(sry for offtopic posting, thought this could be of interest)

Could be a factor of fatigue, too many expensive set, unappealing designs or just reskinned slightly modified OT era stuff. Plus there's the price increase several locations faced. There is also an overabundance of sets in the market which will only calm down around August time

Just popped in to the Lego store in Liverpool and picked up some minifig parts. I handed over my black VIP card and was told it was double VIP points for the black card holders through Feb. Anybody else heard this?

24 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Just popped in to the Lego store in Liverpool and picked up some minifig parts. I handed over my black VIP card and was told it was double VIP points for the black card holders through Feb. Anybody else heard this?

Yep. Just got an email. Works online too at shop at home. The email also states that VIP holders will get access to “exclusIve contests”, “exclusive purchase rewards”, and “exclusive access”... All three have minifigures next to them... platinum r2d2, DJ, and a First order trooper... so I’m guessing the hint is that it will involve a free exclusive minifigure with purchase at some point?

Also states that this is the “first VIP black card offer”... so I’m assuming there is more to come...

Has it crossed anyone's mind that this rumored V-19 could actually be a Republic Gunship instead? I mean, extensive minifigs included, fits a speeder bike, little bit of an expensive price tag...

Just now, Legliss said:

Has it crossed anyone's mind that this rumored V-19 could actually be a Republic Gunship instead? I mean, extensive minifigs included, fits a speeder bike, little bit of an expensive price tag...

the only problem is the folding wings and the mention of a third wing

1 minute ago, Brickwraith said:

the only problem is the folding wings and the mention of a third wing

Fair point. I forgot about that part in the description. 

46 minutes ago, Legliss said:

Exactly! 

The price tag is just normal for an undersized republic gunship(like the republic tank)

maybe the third wing is just a misunderstanding 

and about the folding wings: the wings may not be stuck like the old versions maybe you can fold them up but not as an intentional thing

ı don't think they are going to release a starfighter model at a price like 100 dolars

33 minutes ago, Mizyaz said:

ı don't think they are going to release a starfighter model at a price like 100 dolars

They're literally releasing the X-Wing starfighter at $100 in the same wave. The Torrent is big, the 2008 version was $60 already and that one only had one single minifigure. If we ever get a new V-19, it will be on the expensive side.

If the "Resistance Transport" set is actually a Solo set in reality, there's a chance the leak of those three was completely off and they just happened to guess one correctly, so I'm not counting on the V-19.

Zusamengebaut reported that Snokes Throne room is happening at 70€ price, but neither  Resistance Transport or V-19 are mentioned. Just woundering if we'll get Ep 8 Leia this year. I mean it the last Leia appearance by Carrie Fisher, Lego can't just ignore that!

38 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

They're literally releasing the X-Wing starfighter at $100 in the same wave. 

wow. from what ı saw it was the same size as the resistance ones 

that's just too much 

39 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

I mean it the last Leia appearance by Carrie Fisher, Lego can't just ignore that!

Leia is in Ep9.

Edit: oh, your point is that Carrie Fisher won't play Leia in gthe next movie. Quite right. LEGO must commemorate Carrie this way.

Edited by LEGOscum

1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

They're literally releasing the X-Wing starfighter at $100 in the same wave. The Torrent is big, the 2008 version was $60 already and that one only had one single minifigure. If we ever get a new V-19, it will be on the expensive side.

If the "Resistance Transport" set is actually a Solo set in reality, there's a chance the leak of those three was completely off and they just happened to guess one correctly, so I'm not counting on the V-19.

The resistance transport sounds like a nice set, and it'd be nice to get Kaydel Ko Connix, as she plays a prominent part in the film.

Hello everybody,

actually this is my first post on Eurobricks - happy to join! 

So yesterday I attended the Toy Fair  in Nürnberg (Nuremberg) and would like to share my impressions.
Altogether you could see 7 new sets but none of the Han Solo film.
First the advent calendar showed one Guavian Soldier and one blue rebel pilot, quite nice. There was also Rose and Rowan, a snowman with a rebelpilot helm and some printing.

Next was Yoda's hut (nice build) with Luke, Yoda (similar to sw707)  and R2-D2. The droid is very nice with dirt pattern on the body.
The guy at the table told me that you cannot wash it off because the dirt pattern is printed...okay, I agreed

Anakins starfighter was similar to 7669.

The X-wing was similar to 9493, also with two pilots and two droids - especially there was one fully in flat silver or dark bluish grey which reminded me of the price of the Lego website

Snoke's throne room had a nice emperor's seat, some wall elements and 5 figures. Snoke himself, Rey, Kylo and two identical guards but with different weapons. The guards in red had a pretty nice helmet, new molded arms and finally not minifigure legs and also not the usual slope but a new slope with rounded back side so it resembled more a falling cape. Slope and body were also printed. They were really close to the original design. On first sight they looked quite strange - the reason I could see on the turntable with the figures which showed that the slope was mounted wrong way at the displayed set...and of course the figs are glued so no possibility to correct it.

Next was the sandcrawler which was a neatly shrinked copy of the last UCS sandcrawler. It has some nice play features, steering and a nice cockpit. Two Jawas, Luke, and three other droids were completing the set. One was a white astromech with yellow head, the other two were if I remember correct color modified RA-7 and a 2-1B, all of them pretty nice.

Last one was Darth Maul as a Buildable Figure but since I am not into them I didn't looked closer but but the figure made a good impression.

So in the end I missed some kind of flagship and I would give 4 stars of five for the whole bunch.  

1 minute ago, Mr Ogel said:

Hello everybody,

actually this is my first post on Eurobricks - happy to join! 

So yesterday I attended the Toy Fair  in Nürnberg (Nuremberg) and would like to share my impressions.
Altogether you could see 7 new sets but none of the Han Solo film.
First the advent calendar showed one Guavian Soldier and one blue rebel pilot, quite nice. There was also Rose and Rowan, a snowman with a rebelpilot helm and some printing.

Next was Yoda's hut (nice build) with Luke, Yoda (similar to sw707)  and R2-D2. The droid is very nice with dirt pattern on the body.
The guy at the table told me that you cannot wash it off because the dirt pattern is printed...okay, I agreed

Anakins starfighter was similar to 7669.

The X-wing was similar to 9493, also with two pilots and two droids - especially there was one fully in flat silver or dark bluish grey which reminded me of the price of the Lego website

Snoke's throne room had a nice emperor's seat, some wall elements and 5 figures. Snoke himself, Rey, Kylo and two identical guards but with different weapons. The guards in red had a pretty nice helmet, new molded arms and finally not minifigure legs and also not the usual slope but a new slope with rounded back side so it resembled more a falling cape. Slope and body were also printed. They were really close to the original design. On first sight they looked quite strange - the reason I could see on the turntable with the figures which showed that the slope was mounted wrong way at the displayed set...and of course the figs are glued so no possibility to correct it.

Next was the sandcrawler which was a neatly shrinked copy of the last UCS sandcrawler. It has some nice play features, steering and a nice cockpit. Two Jawas, Luke, and three other droids were completing the set. One was a white astromech with yellow head, the other two were if I remember correct color modified RA-7 and a 2-1B, all of them pretty nice.

Last one was Darth Maul as a Buildable Figure but since I am not into them I didn't looked closer but but the figure made a good impression.

So in the end I missed some kind of flagship and I would give 4 stars of five for the whole bunch.  

Who was the christmas special figure (like the Darth Maul santa or the jango santa) who was it? Also, what do you mean by flagship?

actually I din't notice the specail figure - the remarkable one was the snowman with the printed helmet.
And flgship? If you think of the Assault Walker or Star Destroyer from last year then I would not treat the Sandcrwaler as such one. Okay, both of them were also not shown last year, so there is still the new Millenium Falcon from the new movie.

Just now, Mr Ogel said:

actually I din't notice the specail figure - the remarkable one was the snowman with the printed helmet.
And flgship? If you think of the Assault Walker or Star Destroyer from last year then I would not treat the Sandcrwaler as such one. Okay, both of them were also not shown last year, so there is still the new Millenium Falcon from the new movie.

Oh. Maybe the Supremacy? Or the Raddus, possibly even the rumored resistance transport.

That moment when someone gives a breakdown of a Toy Fair stand and the only thing in my mind is ‘I hope that’s a new Rebel Pilot helmet that snowman is wearing’

Okay then... I’ll bite.

Did the  helmet look like any of these?

https://goo.gl/images/MKnakh

Edited by Robianco

3 minutes ago, Matt Ridgeway said:

Oh. Maybe the Supremacy? Or the Raddus, possibly even the rumored resistance transport.

Supremacy? Please in minifig scale

6 minutes ago, Robianco said:

That moment when someone gives a breakdown of a Toy Fair stand and the only thing in my mind is ‘I hope that’s a new Rebel Pilot helmet that snowman is wearing’

Okay then... I’ll bite.

Did the  helmet look like any of these?

https://goo.gl/images/MKnakh

could be the lower Yavin helmet with blue rebel logo and some more signs on the side asfar as I can remember

5 hours ago, bricksmarlin said:

Yep, double VIP Points through Feb. , sorry Lego that's a joke :thumbdown: !

It'd be pretty unfair for then to do any good promotions with it IMO, I mean it was only obtainable through buying the most expensive lego set ever through supply problems that made the early days of Lego Cuusoo look good.

1 hour ago, Mr Ogel said:

How are people taking this as a supremacy is coming? Correct me if I'm wrong, but by "flagship" you mean "large set that receives marketing," yes? Like the walker did for TLJ? You think the Solo Falcon will be that set and you are not referring to a large set that's we haven't seen yet?