MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

8 hours ago, Azani said:

It's not a minifigure series. The image is public, guys.

Sorry, I was unaware there were images already.

Guavian soldierĀ ice skating on the frozen river? (wearing skates?)

Edited by Brickr

Does anyone know when the DJ polybag will be available in the uk and in which shops??? I'm determined to get it ASAP as I have all the sequel trilogy figures so far and determined to get them all

14 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

No, or at least Grond isn't, he commanded troopers on the moon of endor and wasn't a tie pilot at all.

DS-181-3 & DS-181-4 are.

They're mentioned as wearing black Imperial Navy Crewman outfits
The old Decipher ccg has them as part of the 181st (although given the treatment of EU stuff...)

....and now I want an Imperial pilot with a moustache.
ds1814.gif

1 hour ago, Toc13 said:

DS-181-3 & DS-181-4 are.

They're mentioned as wearing black Imperial Navy Crewman outfits
The old Decipher ccg has them as part of the 181st (although given the treatment of EU stuff...)

Ā 

Oh okay ,well that's weird that they wear the same Crewman outfits whilst not being the same rank or navy troopersĀ but it means one can use this figure (with different faces for each) for different imperials.

(although given the treatment of EU stuff...)

My info was also legends, so it might not apply in canon but that doesn't really bother me.Ā :wink:

Maybe the Bigs face from the next X-wing (although you'd need to remove the second face).

Now we know box sizes, so here are probably prices for summer wave:

75214-25$, 30ā‚¬

75215-25$, 30ā‚¬

75216-50$, 60ā‚¬

75217-60$, 70ā‚¬

75218-60$, 70ā‚¬

75219-110$, 110ā‚¬

75220-150$, 140ā‚¬

I think they are pretty accurate and reliable.

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

75214-25$, 30ā‚¬

75215-25$, 30ā‚¬

75216-50$, 60ā‚¬

75217-60$, 70ā‚¬

75218-60$, 70ā‚¬

75219-110$, 110ā‚¬

75220-150$, 140ā‚¬

well, we've known the box sizes for about a month now, but i'd be relatively happy with those usd prices if they're accurate. but i think on most you've underestimated it ...

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

75214-25$, 30ā‚¬

75215-25$, 30ā‚¬

75216-50$, 60ā‚¬

75217-60$, 70ā‚¬

75218-60$, 70ā‚¬

75219-110$, 110ā‚¬

75220-150$, 140ā‚¬

Do we know if they come out in June or August yet?

Just now, starwars4ever said:

Do we know if they come out in June or August yet?

august.

17 hours ago, Toc13 said:

The old Decipher ccg
ds1814.gif

I LOVED that game. I collected every card from every expansion. Been sitting in my basement untouched for 15 years now...

Thanks for the info. I hadnā€™t thought of using the ccg cards for officer reference, but this is a great excuse to get them out again and try to make sense of these minifigures.

14 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

75214-25$, 30ā‚¬

75215-25$, 30ā‚¬

75216-50$, 60ā‚¬

75217-60$, 70ā‚¬

75218-60$, 70ā‚¬

75219-110$, 110ā‚¬

75220-150$, 140ā‚¬

Do we know what any of these sets are yet?Ā 

4 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Do we know what any of these sets are yet?Ā 

75214 Anakin's Jedi Starfighter (Clone Wars, yellow)

75215 Confidential, most likely TLJ/Solo

75216Ā Confidential, most likely TLJ/Solo

75217Ā Confidential, most likely TLJ/Solo

75218 X-Wing Starfighter (OriginalĀ Trilogy/white & red)

75219Ā Confidential, most likely TLJ/Solo

75220 Sandcrawler (smaller than UCS)

Edited by jdubbs

3 hours ago, jdubbs said:

75214 Anakin's Jedi Starfighter (Clone Wars, yellow)

75215 Confidential, most likely TLJ/Solo

75216Ā Confidential, most likely TLJ/Solo

75217Ā Confidential, most likely TLJ/Solo

75218 X-Wing Starfighter (OriginalĀ Trilogy/white & red)

75219Ā Confidential, most likely TLJ/Solo

75220 Sandcrawler (smaller than UCS)

Okay, thanks! Ā It is very strange how we are getting another Sandcrawler though, I mean I will probably pick it up but it's just a little weird how we are getting one this soon after the last one which was a UCS version.

52 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Okay, thanks! Ā It is very strange how we are getting another Sandcrawler though, I mean I will probably pick it up but it's just a little weird how we are getting one this soon after the last one which was a UCS version.

It will have been over four years since that one by the time this version comes out. Plus, a lot couldnā€™t afford the UCS version. I think thereā€™sĀ an appropriate amount of time in between.

Has anyone read this article:Ā 

https://www.thebrickfan.com/is-a-lego-star-wars-ucs-cloud-city-set-coming-soon/Ā 

Is it just wishful thinking or is the Lego employee actually saying "Bespin City" in the "bleeped out" parts of the video (like thebrickfan article suggests).Ā 

I, for one think "Bespin City" would be a rather odd name for a UCS set...

But Lego has indeed given us these kinds of hints before (like the pictures of the UCS Falcon box, where one could just make out the box art through the white "wrapping")...

1 hour ago, Bantha Fodder said:

I, for one think "Bespin City" would be a rather odd name for a UCS set...

Agreed on the odd name, however maybe it's to disambiguate between itself and the original Cloud City 10123 which came out 15 years agoĀ (also theĀ semi-recent Carbon Freeing Chamber). With the name, Bespin City it's easier to imagine a large scale kit like Ninjago City with heaps of rooms/features.Ā Let's hope that it leans more towards Ewok Village and less towards Assault on Hoth in terms of quality and execution of the build.Ā It's exciting to think about the possibilities but I've been waiting for this release so long that I'm jaded. I'm not going to believe Bespin City even existsĀ until we see prelims, however far off that is.

On the other hand, if TLG wasn't going to do a complete and inclusive large scale Cloud City, then why didn't we get smaller kits like Luke vs Vader on the wind vane as a follow-up to the Carbon Freezing Chamber? It's arguably the single most important scene in all of Star Wars, ever.Ā There are genuinely arguments for and against getting this release in 2018, but Lego must be tired of listening to us ask for a new Cloud City.Ā *Luke, I am your father* takes place on that wind vane.Ā 

Ā 

Just checked the video as suggestedĀ and it's not just wishful thinking, it sure does look like HasanĀ is saying Bespin.Ā He also gestures and makes a "dome" shape with his hands. He does it twice.Ā Interesting they framed him with a "city" behind him!Ā 

"So we really wouldn't want to ruin the surprise for everyone." ;)Ā 

Just watched the video... not sure about the second bleep, but the first bleep definitely looks like he's saying "Bespin set". Ā I - 2 years though? (hopefully sooner!

I believe it's this year as a reliable personĀ confirmed it on Instagram.

Does anyone know why they would call it Bespin City? Ā It better just be a big Cloud City and nothing else!:damn:

Edited by Legoman123

Considering the other projects; yeah, it's definitly hinting at something Bespin related.

We just got a big Nasa set and the other stuff is highly unlikely.Ā 

On 1/20/2018 at 5:08 PM, Brikkyy13 said:

Sorry, I was unaware there were images already.

No worries; they're a bit buried by now. You should be able to find them on r/lego without too much trouble if you go back by a month or so.

7 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

Considering the other projects; yeah, it's definitly hinting at something Bespin related.

We just got a big Nasa set and the other stuff is highly unlikely.Ā 

Are you serious? I can promise you that it'sĀ definitely not. What a bizarre screw-up for TLG to have made...

8 hours ago, darththeling said:

Agreed on the odd name, however maybe it's to disambiguate between itself and the original Cloud City 10123 which came out 15 years agoĀ (also theĀ semi-recent Carbon Freeing Chamber). With the name, Bespin City it's easier to imagine a large scale kit like Ninjago City with heaps of rooms/features.Ā Let's hope that it leans more towards Ewok Village and less towards Assault on Hoth in terms of quality and execution of the build.Ā It's exciting to think about the possibilities but I've been waiting for this release so long that I'm jaded. I'm not going to believe Bespin City even existsĀ until we see prelims, however far off that is.

On the other hand, if TLG wasn't going to do a complete and inclusive large scale Cloud City, then why didn't we get smaller kits like Luke vs Vader on the wind vane as a follow-up to the Carbon Freezing Chamber? It's arguably the single most important scene in all of Star Wars, ever.Ā There are genuinely arguments for and against getting this release in 2018, but Lego must be tired of listening to us ask for a new Cloud City.Ā *Luke, I am your father* takes place on that wind vane.Ā 

Except that "Bespin City" is just wrong. It's called "Cloud City"; "Bespin City" would just be a mistake; that's not the city's name.

You guys are aware that TLG has a policy of never even consideringĀ the idea ofĀ approving potential Ideas kits if they already have the relevant license, right? It's almost as though folks are thinking that Hasan and his colleagues are just really, really stupid...

Yes, we may very well be getting a UCS Cloud City later this year, but this official LEGO announcementĀ has nothing to do with it.

Edited by Azani

10 hours ago, darththeling said:

Ā 

Ā 

Just checked the video as suggestedĀ and it's not just wishful thinking, it sure does look like HasanĀ is saying Bespin.Ā He also gestures and makes a "dome" shape with his hands. He does it twice.Ā Interesting they framed him with a "city" behind him!Ā 

"So we really wouldn't want to ruin the surprise for everyone." ;)Ā 

I doubt he is saying anything,if they didn't want the bleed they would re shot, its intentional done by tlg as a joke, not trying to hide what he is saying, but the scenarioĀ he suggested could only really space to 'I am your Father' or the space shuttle so it could be a subtle hint or tease but listening to the bleep won't reveal any secerts.

*Luke, I am your father* takes place on that wind vane.Ā 

Sorry to be a pedantic big behind but the lineĀ is 'No,I am your father' as it is a reply to Luke stating that Vader killed his father.

@AzaniĀ said:Ā You guys are aware that TLG has a policy of never even consideringĀ the idea ofĀ approving potential Ideas kits if they already have the relevant license, right? (I meesed up the quote ,I know)

No I'm afraid that that's not actually quite correct theĀ policy only apply to ideas uploaded afterĀ 05/04/2017 (the 5th of April not the 4th of may :hmpf_bad:) so the I am your father project still had the slim potential to be chosen (I not saying that they actually would have as that would not make business sense, just that i was up for consideration) otherwise why would it have been allowed on ideas in the first place, it would be a pretty obvious red flag rather than something to check later likes Luke's diner. And just in case you don't believe me then here is the note from the ideas website.Ā 

Editorā€™s Note: This Guideline was added April 05, 2017 and affects projects submitted after this date. Existing projects based on current LEGO licenses have a smaller chance of passing the LEGO Review than other projects and may have increased risk of overlapping a product currently in development.- source

Ā 

Edited by Agent Kallus
I was censored XD

'So we really wouldn't want to ruin the surprise for everyone.' Camera zoomed in ...

He might as well have winked ?

Edited by BacktoBricks

11 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

'So we really wouldn't want to ruin the surprise for everyone.' Camera zoomed in ...

He might as well have winked ?

Is there humor/sarcasm where you come from?

1 hour ago, Azani said:

Is there humor/sarcasm where you come from?

Yes this is called humour. And I am quite aware that his comment was sarcastic - hence the crying with laughter emoji.

The video was clearly tongue in cheek - this video was clearly carefully scripted and Lego would not be foolish enough to let out spoilers they don't want. TheyĀ obviouslyĀ intended on 'beeping' out the words and letting people speculate.

Edited by BacktoBricks