MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

50 minutes ago, Scorch_Mat said:

Just opened 75166 and got a different first order helmet. Is this known?

https://imgur.com/gallery/yUhCb

On 06/01/2018 at 9:17 AM, ARIEL-1970 said:

Can someone explain which sets are these from ? Is The one on the left from the original FO battle pack and where is one on the right from ? I wish they wouldn't do this as it messes up the army building situation. 

On 06/01/2018 at 9:22 AM, Agent Kallus said:

I am also annoyed about the army building situation but I'm afraid that this is reported to be from post Christmas copies of set 75166: First Order Transport Speeder Battle Pack which is especially odd because that was a TFA set, they will probably 'update' the ones in the tlj sets such a the at-m6 as well.

On 12/01/2018 at 5:27 PM, Forresto said:

Glad I only ever got six troopers.

I actually prefer the new design, if you don't focus your eyes you can see the illusion they're trying to create with the nose/middle faceplate more layered over the the upside down black V grill. The old one feels cubby and unrefined if that makes any sense.

@BacktoBricks Thanks! 

13 hours ago, Afolkingdom said:

Would love to know more on how to know if the pack has updated helmets 

I’m guessing fairly soon any you find will do. I’ve noticed that here in the uk for the past month most places have been out of stock on the Speeder pack, Lego may be waiting till most of the old stock is gone.

On 17.1.2018 at 10:41 PM, Agent Kallus said:

'The new edition of the LEGO Star Wars magazine 02/2018 from the Blue Ocean publishing house will be available from 20 January 2018. As an extra, this time there will not be a small kit, but a LEGO Star Wars Imperial Shuttle pilot with a blaster.' ~ Promo Bricks

I assume it will be the same Imp. Shuttle Pilot that we got in 75163 Krennics imperial Shuttle Microfighter?

I dont like that minifig, because it's not very accurate. The Imp. Shuttle Pilots in the movies had double breasted tunics, not jumpsuites.

On 19/01/2018 at 6:59 PM, Bantha Fodder said:

I assume it will be the same Imp. Shuttle Pilot that we got in 75163 Krennics imperial Shuttle Microfighter?

I dont like that minifig, because it's not very accurate. The Imp. Shuttle Pilots in the movies had double breasted tunics, not jumpsuits.

Yep same one, the jumpsuits do still have there purposes anyway like 6.7 and 8 from this picture even though they aren't shuttle pilots.Vader_Arrives

Edited by Agent Kallus

On 1/18/2018 at 8:03 AM, SgtKilr said:

How much do they usually cost? Because I really want to get a lot of the more officer-esque figures and the shuttle pilot is perfect

Try here - https://www.uniquemagazines.co.uk/Lego-Star-Wars-magazine-subscription-p354712

I use them for domestic UK and international deliveries. They're very quick to post.

Is the rumored V-19 the same set that's supposedly retiring after 3 months?

If it's not, and this is just wild speculation, maybe LEGO finally worked out a deal to get a Star Wars minifigures series? Minifigures normally last about that long, don't they?

20 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Is the rumored V-19 the same set that's supposedly retiring after 3 months?

If it's not, and this is just wild speculation, maybe LEGO finally worked out a deal to get a Star Wars minifigures series? Minifigures normally last about that long, don't they?

It's not a minifigure series. The image is public, guys.

On 1/16/2018 at 8:20 PM, jdubbs said:

Also, according to the leaked catalog pages, the set that is supposedly the V-19 Torrent (or V-Wing Torrent, or whatever the set description calls it) is a short-run set, only on shelves until Dec (similar to Advent calendar).

looking at a hi res of the catalog right now. the ONLY SW set with a 'out' date is the advent calendar, the 'supposed' v-19 does not ... 

Hearing on Twitter that there are new images out of the summer catalogue, but can't find them in the usual places.  Anyone seen them and if so, any clues? 

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

looking at a hi res of the catalog right now. the ONLY SW set with a 'out' date is the advent calendar, the 'supposed' v-19 does not ... 

Yeah, I noticed that too. This catalog is in Spanish/Portuguese. The previous leaked shots were in Swedish (I think?). So... could be that the Swedish catalog was in error, or set 75217 is only short-run in certain regions/countries. 

1 hour ago, Richpepperell said:

Hearing on Twitter that there are new images out of the summer catalogue, but can't find them in the usual places.  Anyone seen them and if so, any clues? 

I have, doesn't show anything new including the already leaked solo sets

1 hour ago, Richpepperell said:

There's nothing really new in Star Wars Land. Vader and Stormtrooper Brickheadz are confirmed, but no box shot in the Spanish/Portuguese catalog. HP/PB sets are confirmed, but generic boxes. City Arctic is shown. All other SW shots were leaked a few weeks ago. 

1 minute ago, jdubbs said:

Yeah, I noticed that too. This catalog is in Spanish/Portuguese. The previous leaked shots were in Swedish (I think?). So... could be that the Swedish catalog was in error, or set 75217 is only short-run in certain regions/countries. 

i misplaced my pics of the swedish catalog so i can't go back and look ... and these catalogs were created months ago ... i guess time will tell ...

fwiw.

there's a youtube video of someone building 75208 yoda's hut ...

22 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

.7 and 8 from this picture even though they aren't pilots

They are pilots- Tie pilots rather than shuttle though

41 minutes ago, Toc13 said:

They are pilots- Tie pilots rather than shuttle though

No, or at least Grond isn't, he commanded troopers on the moon of endor and wasn't a tie pilot at all.

2 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Is anyone able to see all minifigures in Advent Calendar? All I can see is Rose, Guavian and Rowan. And it looks like no Santa variant this year as well.

well, out of 24 days, only 12 things are actually discernible to me ... a rebel/resistance pilot in a blue uniform in addition to the 3 you mentioned. and 8 minibuilds. so that leaves 12 unknowns. 3-4 will be figs, and obviously one will be a santa.  patience, as there is still a backside to the box ... 

Edited by Tidy

5 hours ago, jdubbs said:

There's nothing really new in Star Wars Land. Vader and Stormtrooper Brickheadz are confirmed, but no box shot in the Spanish/Portuguese catalog. HP/PB sets are confirmed, but generic boxes. City Arctic is shown. All other SW shots were leaked a few weeks ago. 

There are pictures of Vader and the Stormtrooper, but they are very blurry.