MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

1 hour ago, Duncan Young said:

Non-Stylised. Standard mini figure appearance (not the bug eyed look from most of the Clone Wars sets)

Okay, that makes sense.  The sets from the CW series but the minifigures look exactly the same as they would if the set was from the moves.  I'd be curious to see how they do Rex then considering he never appeared in the movies.

I could buy these rumours being true (mostly because I want to buy that Resistance transport set if the rumours are true). 

The prices for the builds themselves don't seem unrealistic, they do describe the transport as small scale and compact, after all. But those figures do make me skeptical. Leia and Nien Nunb though... I need the rumours to be true for them alone.

Yes, it's only rumors; but don't discard anything because it seems ''too good''

After the bounty hunter battle pack everything is possible with Lego. 

Strange that they'd snub the ARC-170 for the Torrent. I know it's been longer but the ARC-170 is probably a lot more iconic, featuring heavily in ROTS and in the new BF2 game.

Was there any word on which Phase armour Rex and Cody are supposed to be? I'd kill for a movie accurate helmet for Phase II Cody but the fact that it's a Torrent would suggest earlier in the war. Still would fantastic to get those figs, so I hold out hope the rumour rings true.

That Snoke figure looks fairly believable, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was fake. Isn't it a bit early for summer minifig leaks?

3 minutes ago, Mark1006 said:

Was there any word on which Phase armour Rex and Cody are supposed to be?

It says that the clone pilot is the same as the most recent Republic Gunship (which was a phase 1 pilot), so the Rex and Cody figures would probably also be phase 1.

Wow, definitely buying the V-19 Torrent if these rumors are true. I’ve been dying for updated minifigs of pretty much everyone listed for that set, plus we’d be getting a fairly large amount of Jedi Council members this year. 

Nah, that alleged angry Snoke isn't convincing in the slightest :hmpf_bad: His facial expression is exactly the same as before, just with an added open mouth. Even the curvature of the "upper lip" looks the same as his mouth line did before... Compare it with the 2017 version and you'll see what I mean :wink:

1 hour ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

That Snoke figure looks fairly believable, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was fake. Isn't it a bit early for summer minifig leaks?

This is exactly what I was thinking but then again, we have already seen the Dagobah Luke and battlepack jedi minifigures. I'm right in thinking that these are part of the summer wave and not released in April aren't I?

Edited by Richpepperell

14 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

This is exactly what I was thinking but then again, we have already seen the Dagobah Luke and battlepack jedi minifigures. I'm right in thinking that these are part of the summer wave and not released in April aren't I?

The Solo sets, Yoda's Hut, and the Jedi/Clone battle pack release in April, while the summer sets release in August.

Wow, this would be excellent if all of these were true. Is there any possibility that it’s Comander Wolfee instead of Cody because Plo Koon is in the set. I’d love to get a Phase 2 version of him.

I'm not buying the new rumours until I see leaked/official set photos. They sound way too good to be true. And when rumours sound too good to be true, they usually are. These sets sound like a wishlist - heck, they sound like my own wishlist. I don't want to get my hopes up yet.

1 hour ago, getbusybrickin said:

Wow, this would be excellent if all of these were true. Is there any possibility that it’s Comander Wolfee instead of Cody because Plo Koon is in the set. I’d love to get a Phase 2 version of him.

There is a possibility, because it's likely that these are totally fake.

As much as I want these to be real... I really doubt Rey and Kylo would be in the same set. I think they would try to place them in two different sets that release at the same time to get people to buy more.

41 minutes ago, doclord said:

As much as I want these to be real... I really doubt Rey and Kylo would be in the same set. I think they would try to place them in two different sets that release at the same time to get people to buy more.

I am not saying I believe the rumours are true, but the minifig selection for the Throne Room would make some sense and there are precedents: both Palpatine's Arrest and Final Duel came with all the necessary main characters (Palpatine, four Jedi, Anakin /// Palpatine, Vader, Luke, and some guards).

Since Final Duel is discontinued, and since the throne room scene is so important to TLJ, and since we have seen similar sets with all the needed characters... well, it just makes sense. Of course that does not mean the rumour is valid.

Emm how could LEGO do a throne room duel without Kylo and Rey and Snoke MFs? Plus at least 2 Praetorian Guards? That one I would hedge my bets on. While it would likely be a bit short of what I'd like (4x Guards would be better), it ought to at least have the obvious play feature (won't spoil too much just in case). 

Kylo has already been released in a microfighter at this point, so I think any premium value that LEGO might have assigned to him is gone now. I don't think this list is real — at all — but I do think Kylo and Rey would both be included in whatever this set ends up being. 

this list is absolutely fake. Like the amount and kind of new molds & prints doesn't the pattern of the latest years at all. 2 differend helmet molds for pretorian guards? New face for Kylo already? The report is way 2 detailed & the "leaker" doesn't seem 2 have good insight, to actual designs.

9 hours ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

Don't forget the head for Bigg's astromech from the new X-Wing has already leaked - and the design is clearly different from both the upcoming Chrome R2-D2 and the R2-Q2 figure that came with the V-Wing back in 2011.

Plus there's also the green suit Boba Fett figure with the dual molded arm which we still don't know which set it will appear in. It could easily be from a Summer wave Solo set that's yet to be revealed.

51 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

this list is absolutely fake. Like the amount and kind of new molds & prints doesn't the pattern of the latest years at all. 2 differend helmet molds for pretorian guards? New face for Kylo already? The report is way 2 detailed & the "leaker" doesn't seem 2 have good insight, to actual designs.

I'm not sure how those things are so hard to believe. Characters get different scene-specific faces all the time. Han and Leia in the UCS Falcon, Han again in the Carbon Chamber/Desert Skiff, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon in the Gungan Sub, Qui-Gon again in the Naboo Duel, Luke in Assault on Hoth and the upcoming Dagobah set... What makes Kylo Ren any different?

Regarding the Praetoreans - the list only mentions the first guard having a brand new helmet mold which would likely be the same T-shaped one seen on the buildable figure that's been released. The second guard is said to have a DIFFERENT one. Doesn't mean the second helmet will be a new piece too. Being realistic - I fully expect Lego to reuse the existing Boba Fett/Mandalorian piece for the second variant. They'd be stupid not to since the shape is practically identical.

I read that article on the brickshow website a few days ago.

Those set descriptions sound very interesting. I would like to see a Nien Numb figure for so long.

Hopefully the Nien Numb rumor is true.

In the article they mentioned that there are pictures which were relayed to them about the rumored sets.

Based on the pictures they made the descriptions. At least that's the way I understand it.

"Again, we will not be showing images, but will just describe them as they were relayed to us. Here’s what we know so far."

Edited by OrangeChiliPeP

One fishy thing about the list is that it says Cody has a new helmet mold. I doubt they'd give Phase I a new helmet mold with the ridge because there's already a separate helmet attachment that looks exactly like the Phase I visor thing. That leads me to believe he was talking about his Phase II helmet, but then he specifically states that the pilot is the Phase I version from the gunship.

2 hours ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

I read that article on the brickshow website a few days ago.

Those set descriptions sound very interesting. I would like to see a Nien Numb figure for so long.

Hopefully the Nien Numb rumor is true.

In the article they mentioned that there are pictures which were relayed to them about the rumored sets.

Based on the pictures they made the descriptions. At least that's the way I understand it.

"Again, we will not be showing images, but will just describe them as they were relayed to us. Here’s what we know so far."

they copied and pasted the text from rebelscum almost verbatim ... if there were pics, rebelscum would have shown them, the way they did with the solo sets ... someone seeded both sites with the same crap or one ripped the other off ... just to drive views and clicks to their sites. 

too many inconsistencies with the text set descriptions, and here's one more.

Resistance Soldier (Same as the one seen in the set 75177 First Order Heavy Scout Walker with a bearded face). [via rebelscum]
Resistance Soldier – it looks to be a bearded, male version of the Resistance Trooper found in the First Order Heavy Scout Walker (75177). [via brickshow]

anyone with any amount of free time, or owning the 75177 walker, can tell you, it comes with a female resistance soldier ... 

fact check the fake news people. 

if they do actually turn out to be true, i will gladly eat crow, but for now, there is way to much cow dung being flung around in the name of increasing visitors and views and likes and follows. and the masses are eating that up.

Another oddity with the Brickshow report is that they claim the clone pilot is the same as the one from the 2008 gunship (7676) we got "a few years back." They obviously meant to refer to the one from 2013 (75021);  no way we're getting cartoon stylized clones again.  Really nitpicking here as it could've been a minor error, but it makes me further doubt they've actually seen pictures but instead are just ripping off descriptions from rebelscum and/or their source.