MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

Interesting list if true. Its definitely shaping up to be a great year for Lego.

The biggest surprise for me is the V-19 Torrent. While we already knew Lego was revisiting the Clone Wars this year, I wasn't expecting there to be this much focus on it. It will be great to finally have a Phase II Commander Cody as well as yet another Jedi being updated in Plo Koon with a brand new (hopefully less squished) head mold. If Lego keeps going with the number of revised Jedi we've been getting lately we'll have the whole Council in no time! Movie versions of CW Obi-Wan and Captain Rex are also welcome additions. It makes me hopeful we'll see more characters from the show updated without anime faces in the coming years.

There's not much to say about the Throne Room other than it sounds exactly what I'd hoped for in the Future Sets wishlist thread. Hopefully the Praetorean's weapons won't be too bulky or oversized. Only one is said to have a new helmet mold so I assume the other will just use the existing Mandalorean helmet.

The Resistance Transport sounds like a must buy. The ship reminded me a lot of a miniaturized Rebel Transport from ESB. The minifigure lineup sounds awesome. Nien Numb is a long overdue figure while Kaydel helps expand the growing Resistance roster. All-gold C-3PO is a welcome addition not only as a Last Jedi figure but also a Revenge of the Sith one. Will be great to finally have Leia from TLJ as well. The mention of a Dr. Strange cape sounds like the figure will be based on her Crait costume from the final act of the movie. Don't mind a new face design as long as its consistent with the existing Leia figures. I'm curious to see how they pull off the hairpiece. Dark blonde was accurate for the Force Awakens, but dark brown with grey highlights like Dr. Strange/Ra's Al Ghul would be more appropriate for the Last Jedi.

If these rumours are true - there should also still be one more set left to be revealed.

Actually Snokes Throne Room set makes a lot of sense, would be great to get Praetorian guards minifigures! I'm surprised that Lego would include Leia in 40$ set I expected more of a capital ship set with her aka The Raddus. Republic V-19 Torrent sounds good on minifigures alone : new Rex and Cody? Must buy!

Was hoping for about 4 Praetorian guards, but 2 it is.

Still nothing about any Rebels related sets, apologies if I have missed it ?

7 minutes ago, AussieSamurai said:

Was hoping for about 4 Praetorian guards, but 2 it is.

18 minutes ago, AussieSamurai said:

Wouldn't expect any more Rebels sets. The 2015-2016 ones sold badly, the show is ending soon, and there are two brand new movies (TLJ and Solo) that are way more important. Add the odd Clone Wars/Prequels set and there's no room left for Rebels.

The V-19 Torrent from 2008 was a really well done set of a very interesting fighter design, so I'm happy to see it return. It's also nice they're using the chance to give us a bunch of important Clone Wars characters in there, especially since they've stopped doing the awful animated style faces.

Interestingly this new list leaves exactly one set unaccounted for - if they want to add something from Solo, that would be the only one.

Yeah, this does sound too good to be true. When reading the descriptions, I can't help but notice the foul stench of a dirty deed committed by a despicable being the universe chose to call Force Ghost Solo :hmpf_bad:

I'd love for this to be true, but I've been burned before so I'm not willing to believe any of this unless further evidence surfaces :wink:

I think this list could have been way better. I think its way to much clone war things lately and if they do that, can they at least drop some new characters instead of the same ones over and over again. Some new Jedi’s please! 

Snokes throneroom sound good, but obvious. Would have likes something with Canto Bight instead of a small spaceship

49 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Yeah, this does sound too good to be true. When reading the descriptions, I can't help but notice the foul stench of a dirty deed committed by a despicable being the universe chose to call Force Ghost Solo :hmpf_bad:

I'd love for this to be true, but I've been burned before so I'm not willing to believe any of this unless further evidence surfaces :wink:

One thing that really doesn't make sense is the description for the Resistance Transport which includes:

- 5 minifigures

- several windows and a spacious interior

- tranparent blue screens and weapons racks inside

...for a set the size of an A-Wing that costs $30-40? Either it is as big as described and costs $60-70, or it's $30 and fits two or three figs at most.

3 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

One thing that really doesn't make sense is the description for the Resistance Transport which includes:

- 5 minifigures

...for a set the size of an A-Wing that costs $30-40? Either it is as big as described and costs $60-70, or it's $30 and fits two or three figs at most.

not to mention that the KNOWN box size for 75215 is 262mm x 191mm x 61mm which is the size of last year's yoda starfighter.  and that is smaller than the a-wing box at 282x262x58 ... 5 minifigs in a set that size, nope never. especially seeing that there are 3 major wishlist figs in the rumour ... 

It does make sense that we only get one Solo set in the second wave considering we only got one set in the second wave of Rogue One (battle of scarif)

5 minutes ago, Theemp1re said:

It does make sense that we only get one Solo set in the second wave considering we only got one set in the second wave of Rogue One (battle of scarif)

and y-wing and 2 battle packs. 

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

and y-wing and 2 battle packs. 

Yes so it does not make senes at all. Still suprised that 2018 has not presented anything from Rogue One, such as Jedha set or the Rogue One troop carrier

25 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Yes so it does not make senes at all. Still suprised that 2018 has not presented anything from Rogue One, such as Jedha set or the Rogue One troop carrier

agree that the lack of RO sets is really surprising for me even it was great movie

I would like to see more Rogue One sets too, but there are only a few more vehicles they can make — both very large — and location-based sets are few-and-far-between, even for current movies. The Imperial Cargo Shuttle won't get released while there are two other shuttles still on shelves, and the AT-ACT won't get released with another walker (plus 2 scout walkers and that heavy scout walker) also on shelves. I think our best bet for another Rogue One set is this fall, once one or both of the shuttles retire.

3 hours ago, Supersonic said:

- 5 minifigures

One source suggests the V19 will have Rex, Cody (with a new helmet), a Clone Pilot, Obi Wan (with a new hairpiece), Plo Koon (with a new head), a battle droid and a droideka. 7 figures in an $80USD set is ridiculous considering sets at that price have had only 4 figures for the last few years. 

Not to mention this "rumor" follows the same format that all the fake ones always do: way too many minifigures for the prices and the community's most wanted set/figure(s) of the month are in the mix.

A new V-19 would be awesome, especially with that selection of minifigures, funny thing is that I recently looked at my V-19 thinking that Lego could easily make an updated version, same thing for the Plo Koon figure, a new dual molded head would be awesome considering the poor quality of the one we have currently.

The sets sounds very good, Commander Cody was one of the main Clones I woaahs missed out on in the initial Cone Wars run so it'll be great to get him, the same goes for Plo Koon. Smokes Throne room is honestly everything I could've hoped for, I'm surprised they didn't try and make him a brick build figure like Giant Man though. 

For me I can believe the sets, but the minifigure choices - Cody, Konnix, Nien Numb, Rex and Cody in the same set, all great figures, definitely fall into the "too good to be true category"

On 1/13/2018 at 9:22 AM, Spongebob456 said:

Did anyone here purchase the new Cantina? Is it worth getting?

It is cool to get the funky speeder thing and the Wuher minifig, but that's all I got out of it.  I was hoping to use some of the parts to expand my cantina but there really isn't much new stuff there.  I used a couple of the stickers and stuff from the new one I guess to update the one from 2014.

LEGO Mos Eisley Cantina

LEGO Mos Eisley Cantina

Maybe I'm missing something, but is 75219 accounted for yet?  Brickset has it listed as a 2018 Star Wars set between the X-Wing and the Sandcrawler.
Dare I get my hopes up for an AT-ACT or Cargo Shuttle or Imperial Star Destroyer?  Probably not.  I'm sure I overlooked something, but if anyone has any idea what kind of set it is, I would be very interested to know.

10 hours ago, wesker said:

Interesting list if true. Its definitely shaping up to be a great year for Lego.

The biggest surprise for me is the V-19 Torrent. While we already knew Lego was revisiting the Clone Wars this year, I wasn't expecting there to be this much focus on it. It will be great to finally have a Phase II Commander Cody as well as yet another Jedi being updated in Plo Koon with a brand new (hopefully less squished) head mold. If Lego keeps going with the number of revised Jedi we've been getting lately we'll have the whole Council in no time! Movie versions of CW Obi-Wan and Captain Rex are also welcome additions. It makes me hopeful we'll see more characters from the show updated without anime faces in the coming years.

There's not much to say about the Throne Room other than it sounds exactly what I'd hoped for in the Future Sets wishlist thread. Hopefully the Praetorean's weapons won't be too bulky or oversized. Only one is said to have a new helmet mold so I assume the other will just use the existing Mandalorean helmet.

The Resistance Transport sounds like a must buy. The ship reminded me a lot of a miniaturized Rebel Transport from ESB. The minifigure lineup sounds awesome. Nien Numb is a long overdue figure while Kaydel helps expand the growing Resistance roster. All-gold C-3PO is a welcome addition not only as a Last Jedi figure but also a Revenge of the Sith one. Will be great to finally have Leia from TLJ as well. The mention of a Dr. Strange cape sounds like the figure will be based on her Crait costume from the final act of the movie. Don't mind a new face design as long as its consistent with the existing Leia figures. I'm curious to see how they pull off the hairpiece. Dark blonde was accurate for the Force Awakens, but dark brown with grey highlights like Dr. Strange/Ra's Al Ghul would be more appropriate for the Last Jedi.

If these rumours are true - there should also still be one more set left to be revealed.

What do you mean when you say movie versions of a clone wars character? 

5 hours ago, Supersonic said:

- 5 minifigures

That description would serve to fit hachiroku24's excellent transport moc (and we would be very lucky if TLG took a chance on a build like this, but I highly doubt it): 

2 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

What do you mean when you say movie versions of a clone wars character? 

Non-Stylised. Standard mini figure appearance (not the bug eyed look from most of the Clone Wars sets)

36 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but is 75219 accounted for yet?  Brickset has it listed as a 2018 Star Wars set between the X-Wing and the Sandcrawler.
Dare I get my hopes up for an AT-ACT or Cargo Shuttle or Imperial Star Destroyer?  Probably not.  I'm sure I overlooked something, but if anyone has any idea what kind of set it is, I would be very interested to know.

it is not accounted for in that wish list.  4 sets in the leaked summer catalog had the grey boxes ... judging from the past catalog leaks those were typically reserved for that year's/season's movie tie in sets ... the catalog that leaked late last year, showed the solo and last jedi sets with grey boxes. so we knew then the set number and size of set.  if this wish list were true, it would follow that lead.  4 sets showed up in the catalog with grey covers. 75215, 75216, 75217, 75219.  anything from rogue one, clone wars, prequels, would be shown with the prelim box art. like the x-wing, the sandcrawler and annie's starfighter.  solo and last jedi would still be under wraps. as that catalog would have been made months before it leaked. 

imho the snoke throneroom set lines up more closely with the details known about set 75217, not 75216 ...