MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

Just now, Tidy said:

get the DJ minifig at Toys R Us in the states. free with $30 purchase, or $5.99 each. promo started today.

Nah I cannie walk that far.:tongue:

14 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Nah I cannie walk that far.:tongue:

lol

I’m gonna swing by toysrus before work today and see if I can snag a DJ mini fig. My local one is an old crappy one so I won’t be surprised if they don’t have them but worth a try. 

EDIT

Just stopped by my local toysrus no poly bag for DJ. Not surprised reall the hole store was bare.

Edited by stormtroopercaptain

I've just seen the HD pictures of Yoda's Hut and it looks awesome! I love the little backpack they have for Luke which enables Yoda to sit/stand in it.:wub:

Has anyone seen the inside of Yoda's hut yet??? It would be nice to know if it's "complete" or if you need to buy two of them to make it enclosed. Looks like maybe a table and a bed can be seen in the perspectives shown on the front of the box. There's smoke coming out of the top but unknown if there is a fire/pot of rootleaf stew on the stove. Previously, the X-Wing Fighter (Dagobah) 4502-1 came with a saucepan.

"Rootleaf stew was a favorite meal of Jedi Master Yoda during his exile on Dagobah. It was a staple of his diet, supplemented by yarum seeds, mushroom spores, galla seeds, and sohli bark. Yoda prepared rootleaf stew the evening that he met Luke Skywalker."

It looks like it's slightly more than half of the structure... basically a facade plus a little more to make the top look complete.

To me, the bigger issue is the color... seems like it should have been much darker since in-movie is basically all dark brown on the outside?

43 minutes ago, darththeling said:

Has anyone seen the inside of Yoda's hut yet??? It would be nice to know if it's "complete" or if you need to buy two of them to make it enclosed. Looks like maybe a table and a bed can be seen in the perspectives shown on the front of the box. There's smoke coming out of the top but unknown if there is a fire/pot of rootleaf stew on the stove. Previously, the X-Wing Fighter (Dagobah) 4502-1 came with a saucepan.

"Rootleaf stew was a favorite meal of Jedi Master Yoda during his exile on Dagobah. It was a staple of his diet, supplemented by yarum seeds, mushroom spores, galla seeds, and sohli bark. Yoda prepared rootleaf stew the evening that he met Luke Skywalker."

What has me really interested is the weird technic brick in front of the hut? I don't see anything that you can detach to connect there...

Also there's definitly a small fire place in the hut, at the left of the entrance. 

Edited by RetroInferno

Just got my FO half-an-AT-ST for the figs and have to say that Phasma's printing does look sleeker, but now we know of the new FO Stormtoopers in the speeder battlepack it's clearly not an effort to update her in particular. But my old Phasma does look decidedly ducky now when standing alongside the new one ?

2 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Just got my FO half-an-AT-ST for the figs and have to say that Phasma's printing does look sleeker, but now we know of the new FO Stormtoopers in the speeder battlepack it's clearly not an effort to update her in particular. But my old Phasma does look decidedly ducky now when standing alongside the new one ?

"New FO Stormtroopers in the speeder battlepack" - what battlepack do you mean?

18 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

I've just seen the HD pictures of Yoda's Hut and it looks awesome! I love the little backpack they have for Luke which enables Yoda to sit/stand in it.:wub:

Where did you see them?

Thnx

6 hours ago, Mr. Cube said:

"New FO Stormtroopers in the speeder battlepack" - what battlepack do you mean?

People have reported getting FO Stormtroopers with new printing in more recent versions of the 75166 FO Speeder Battlepack.

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

People have reported getting FO Stormtroopers with new printing in more recent versions of the 75166 FO Speeder Battlepack.

Really? Now that's fascinating. I hope there are pictures. 

The Executioner face prints are kind've strange.

3 minutes ago, brobert said:

Maybe I missed a beat, but I just saw on Brickset a 2018 set listed as 75214: Anakin's Jedi Starfighter? Do we know something substantial about that?

Preliminary pictures are out somewhere of this set.  It's a remake of the 2008 Clone Wars version. 

16 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

There's a new pic of Luke from Yodas Hut set, and he has "moving rocks" face with closed eyes. Very cool detail!

A hint where they can be found?

13 hours ago, Forresto said:

Really? Now that's fascinating. I hope there are pictures. 

The Executioner face prints are kind've strange.

Go back to page 86 on this thread and there is a picture along with the discussion :)

Someone on reddit was complaining about unique minifigs in battle packs and that there's not enough Clones in the BP to fill the rumored "dropship". That's definitely not a rumour I've heard before, have you guys heard anything of the likes recently?

Edited by Mark1006

57 minutes ago, Mark1006 said:

Someone on reddit was complaining about unique minifigs in battle packs and that there's not enough Clones in the BP to fill the rumored "dropship". That's definitely not a rumour I've heard before, have you guys heard anything of the likes recently?

There's been a rumoured theory that a new Republic Gunship might be coming out in the Summer based, from what I can tell, purely on the speculation that the mini Sandcrawler-ish build in the Tatooine Battlepack foreshadows a new Sandcrawler in the Summer wave and therefore the mini gunship in the forthcoming Jedi battlepack might also be foreshadowing a new larger gunship. But as far as I know there is no other evidence for this.

Edited by BacktoBricks

On January 5, 2018 at 4:44 PM, Agent Kallus said:

No automatic alt text available.

@ChiefPie If its from the summer bp then its not a leak so it can go here. 

The helmet change really bothers me as its a jarring difference to the lego but in the film its barely noticeable and it doesn't make sense in the story with the lack of a time gap between TFA and TLJ.

Glad I only ever got six troopers.

I actually prefer the new design, if you don't focus your eyes you can see the illusion they're trying to create with the nose/middle faceplate more layered over the the upside down black V grill. The old one feels cubby and unrefined if that makes any sense.

@BacktoBricks Thanks! 

Edited by Forresto

50 minutes ago, Mark1006 said:

I think someone's wishlist has morphed into a rumor, either deliberately or by the game of telephone that we call The Internet. 

There are only 4 non-UCS set numbers unaccounted for through August, and those will likely be more Solo and TLJ sets, since we've only had 1 or 2 waves for each of those movies. I guess there could be another fall wave we don't yet know about... maybe there is more to the October wave than the Advent calendar, or a December wave again, or more retailer exclusives. The supposed dropship could also be from Solo, since there has been leaked artwork of ships that could fit that description.

21 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

I think someone's wishlist has morphed into a rumor, either deliberately or by the game of telephone that we call The Internet. 

There are only 4 non-UCS set numbers unaccounted for through August, and those will likely be more Solo and TLJ sets, since we've only had 1 or 2 waves for each of those movies. I guess there could be another fall wave we don't yet know about... maybe there is more to the October wave than the Advent calendar, or a December wave again, or more retailer exclusives. The supposed dropship could also be from Solo, since there has been leaked artwork of ships that could fit that description.

it was one of those youtubers trying to get views by speculating and rumour mongering ... 

The gunship "rumour" comes from MandR Productions and he was very clear in the video that he had no evidence to back it up and it was just a theory he has based on the tatooine battlepack and sandcrawler.