MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

4 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

Maybe it's just that whatever world they are stationned in has an insane amount of dirt everywhere and they get to wear those cape to shove of the dust. A lot of figs look very dirty so I assume that to be the case. IMO it looks fine.  

I think your onto something. After I had another look at the figure it’s much better.

Just now, Sir von Lego said:

Are these new clones in the Battle Pack from Clone Wars or Episode II??

They are the episode II phase one clones that we have had before, except they now have the leg printing.

5 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

Are these new clones in the Battle Pack from Clone Wars or Episode II??

episode II

Just now, marksable said:

Question to you and others who have seen the hi res images and can compare the new TIE to the last one, which I own but haven't opened.

Do you think the difference in the build alone justifies buying the new one?

I'm not really a fan of the new minifigs vs. the old ones, and comparing the images I don't see a tremendous difference.  I'm trying to debate whether to wait for the new TIE or build the old.  I don't mind waiting, and I could always sell the old one and hope the money would cover buying the old minifigs.  I haven't been holding on to the TIE for $, I just haven't had the time or room to build it until now)

(There haven't been hi-res pics of the X-Wing yet, have there?  Again, I own the last non-UCS one that was put out and I'm trying to make the same decision).

The new design is much better, it justifies buying the new one for sure.

Sell the new minifigs and you might even make a lot of the buck back

And for the X-wing the same counts, new one is a lot better.

Man I love the Range Trooper buildable figure! The other Stormtroopers we've seen in minifig form must not be Range troopers gicen how different they are to the look of the buildable figure. Now that we have better pictures of the figures I like how the Corellian hounds almost have Rancor heads and the alien in the mf set is a pleasant surprise as it appears to be a Pyke. It's nice to finally get some of the species from the pt/ot eras again. I would not have expected the Han Solo movie to make such a connection to old lore, it makes me happy that they're actually doing their research. That young Lando figure looks excellent as well. I'm very happy to see so much leg printing. Seeing all of the Marvel figures without leg printing has had me nervous. Not to mention frustrated.

2 hours ago, marksable said:

the hi res images

I think I'm allowed to say that they're at commander.brix.news on Instagram if not then I'll edit this message,

I am very disappointed about there not being an isb disguise but thats my fault because I guessed from blurry images and was wrong.

I am concerned by the new ot stormie helm as that woud make new trooper incompatible with the imperial shock troopers who I doubt they will rerelease one.

The 3 speeders look pretty accurate compared to props from the set leak.

Edited by Agent Kallus

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

I think I'm allowed to say that they're at commander.brix.news on Instagram if not then I'll edit this message,

I am very disappointed about there not being an isb disguise but thats my fault because I guessed from blurry images and was wrong.

I am concerned by the new ot stormie helm as that woud make new trooper incompatible with the imperial shock troopers who I doubt they will rerelease one.

The 3 speeders look pretty accurate compared to props from the set leak.

The new stormie mold looks similar enough to the old that I wouldn't personally worry about it. I only care if the design drastically changes and this is subtle enough to mix with the rest of my stormie army.

19 hours ago, LEGOscum said:

I'm taking the risk.

Edit: links removed as they don't work - try Rebelscum....

Just curious who edited my post?

On 1/6/2018 at 1:58 PM, Mark1006 said:

He and Han come with the TIE Fighter in Imperial disguises.

I know, I was referring to the version of he figure in his normal outfit that I've seen in a couple of places.

Just now, ToaDraco said:

I know, I was referring to the version of he figure in his normal outfit that I've seen in a couple of places.

Are you thinking of Rebolt? Similar face print.

After seeing the "out of box" images... wow this whole Solo line is awesome. The TIE was an easy pass based on the box art but now I have to have it, especially for those amazing figs! I love that Mimban Stormtrooper. The Falcon also looks much better to me and I quite like how the Range Trooper uses Bionicle gen 2 pieces, it simultaneously makes me happy and sad. The bp is still a must have, love those Patrol Troopers and the speeder is actually a very nice looking and appropriately detailed/scaled thing for once! Man, this was already going to be an expensive year, I really wasn't expecting much from the Solo sets but they are even better than the RO sets.

Edited by ToaDraco

The lack of a regular Beckett does seem like a lead in for a summer/future set. Not to mention no small version of the Range Trooper.

5 hours ago, Brickweiser said:

The new stormie mold looks similar enough to the old that I wouldn't personally worry about it. I only care if the design drastically changes and this is subtle enough to mix with the rest of my stormie army.

The one thing that might look a bit off about the new helmet on the classic Stormtroopers is the forehead area. If you look at the out-of-box TIE Fighter pic the front part is slightly raised as if its covered in an outer shell and there are two dents sticking out. It could end up being a similar situation to the early 2000s when the TIE Pilots used Stormtrooper helmets and the Kashyyyk Troopers used Scout Trooper ones where they look "similar enough" but not really accurate to the real thing. It may be better just sticking with the current mold in that case.

I might be blind but i'm not seeing the new Stormtrooper helmet mold. 

The Mimban Trooper definitely is specialized so it makes sense it would be slightly different, as Mimban is a muddy, swampy planet. 

However the patrol troopers don't seem to have a mold that exceptionally different then what we currently have?

14 hours ago, wesker said:

The one thing that might look a bit off about the new helmet on the classic Stormtroopers is the forehead area. If you look at the out-of-box TIE Fighter pic the front part is slightly raised as if its covered in an outer shell and there are two dents sticking out. It could end up being a similar situation to the early 2000s when the TIE Pilots used Stormtrooper helmets and the Kashyyyk Troopers used Scout Trooper ones where they look "similar enough" but not really accurate to the real thing. It may be better just sticking with the current mold in that case.

I really don't understand how Lego could end up using that Mimban Tropper helmet-mold for OT Stormtroopers. The "dents" and the shell/plate in the front of the helmet is not how the Stormtroppers from the movies looked.

Lego have been increasingly focused on details the last couple of years, and we have seen a lot of small (almost unnecessary) changes to molds and printing to make minifigs more movie-accurate. I dont see Lego going from a good mold to a less movie-accurate mold now...

I think it is interesting that both spin-off movies, R1 and Solo, have given us a great selection of affordable sets. Whereas the Sequel Saga films sets have been lacking somewhat.

I'll be picking up the battlepack if only for the Officer and another Death Star Trooper Helmet, but would need to see the film before splashing out on anything else. I noticed a number of the minifigs have silvery stains on them which makes me assume that Mimban (spelling?) has a particularly unusual environment. 

Edited by TeufelHund

16 minutes ago, TeufelHund said:

I'll be picking up the battlepack if only for the Officer and another Death Star Trooper Helmet, but would need to see the film before splashing out on anything else. I noticed a number of the minifigs have silvery stains on them which makes me assume that Mimban (spelling?) has a particularly unusual environment. 

If Mimban is anything like it was portrayed in the old EU, it will be a misty, humid jungle world with a very turbulent atmosphere.

Interestingly, early concept art for R1 used Mimban as a setting, before Jedha was developed to replace it.

The Imperial Patrol BP looks like an excellent Army Builder :)

Edited by Renegade Clone

On 1/7/2018 at 6:16 PM, Agent Kallus said:

As long as there is no direct link, you're fine.

2 hours ago, Renegade Clone said:

If Mimban is anything like it was portrayed in the old EU, it will be a misty, humid jungle world with a very turbulent atmosphere.

Interestingly, early concept art for R1 used Mimban as a setting, before Jedha was developed to replace it.

The Imperial Patrol BP looks like an excellent Army Builder :)

Kinda weird to say but switch some the character's faces and the TIE set is a better battlepack IMO :laugh:

10 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

Kinda weird to say but switch some the character's faces and the TIE set is a better battlepack IMO :laugh:

Except, y'know, the price difference. :wink:

With these great leaks, slowly putting together my spending list for 2018

- TIE Fighter in April

- X-Wing in August 

- The UCS Falcon, if I can find it and buy it.

- Yoda’s hut is a maybe 

Hoping TLJ Summer Sets include some of those Prateorian Guards

Also hoping a Rebels set is on the horizon

So many sets I want this year!

All of the Han Solo sets ( I mean all of them), the new Cantina, Yoda's hut, Ki Adi Mundi's set, the new X-Wing and the new sandcrawler.

Although I do hope they start pushing out more PT & OT original sets soon. They've covered so much and sure, a lot of them need upgrades; but there's a lot of fresh sets they could cover that still haven't been touched upon. Especially in the Prequel Trilogy - popular or not, these movies are part of the franchise and deserve the recognition. I can name so many sets I'd love to see from these movies and yet Lego keep shoving out remakes of older sets. 

18 hours ago, Renegade Clone said:

I think it is interesting that both spin-off movies, R1 and Solo, have given us a great selection of affordable sets. Whereas the Sequel Saga films sets have been lacking somewhat.

You could say that about the films in general.

get the DJ minifig at Toys R Us in the states. free with $30 purchase, or $5.99 each. promo started today.