MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

Nice new mold for the stormtrooper variant, but what varant it is?

The one on the battle packs are the patrol troopers, then the one that is a buildable figure is a range trooper..

how about the latest one? And on what set does it belong?

I dont think its a normal stormtrooper since the print are far different from the the stormtrooper minifig

Edit: Just figure out that the latest stormtrooper leak are the same patrol troopers on the battle packs

Edited by irispen

Oh boy these minifigs really take the cake!  Han in the Tie-Fighter set has the perfect helmet for General Veers. The Pyke looks awesome, as well as the alien in the Moloch Speeder. Luke in training gear and a muddy R2 are perfect. All the others are great as well.

That might turn out to be the most expensive year in a long time for me.

Rebel scum and YouTube have some great high res. Yes looks like everything is worth buying but the falcon - need to know more about it considering the price,

12 hours ago, mon-o-mat said:

Where can one find this new pictures? \legoleaks seems to be dead.

I'm taking the risk.

Edit: links removed as they don't work - try Rebelscum....

Ow wow i must say that these sets look amazing minifigwise. 

Plus i really can’t wait to see the Solo movie. Bring it on!

my guess why the bulky speeder is that way, is because it’ ll probably carries the hounds in cages in the back. 

The new dress/slope piece is great. They finally have the same height and i hope it has pins so it’ll be more secured to the torso. I’d like a new one for Obi wan :-)

1 hour ago, LEGOscum said:

I'm taking the risk.

Edit: links removed as they don't work - try Rebelscum.....

thanks

why the hell did they make chewie look different (and bad) when he looks the same in the movie just with different strap?

New leak of the Yoda's Hut is out... seems like it would be possible to put Yoda on Luke's back. Box design is quite similar to Ach-To btw

The Solo wave is amazing - best in a long time. I even think it will impact on the current TLJ wave. I haven’t picked up any of the newest sets yet and may well be saving my budget now!

On 1/6/2018 at 1:22 AM, Agent Kallus said:

I am also annoyed about the army building situation but I'm afraid that this is reported to be from post Christmas copies of set 75166: First Order Transport Speeder Battle Pack which is especially odd because that was a TFA set, they will probably 'update' the ones in the tlj sets such a the at-m6 as well.

Ok, at least it came out post christmas, I bought 26 packs each of both FO packs last year. So I hope the FO troopers are all the same. I haven't opened them up yet as I am storing things up for my son when he gets older. 

More than anything else Im just really excited that the 4x4 TIE top hatch dish is finally going to exist in light grey. 

Edited by Magmafrost

I gotta ask... are the speeder figures all wearing camouflage, or are they just covered in corellian hound sh*t? :laugh:

Overall though, a lot of good stuff here! Favourite minifig is Han Solo in disguise. Not sold on Chewie though.

Yoda's Hut looks great, and I'll be adding one of these to my shopping list. 

The new torso print for Yoda is excellent; it's nicely detailed but not over-done unlike some newer minifigures!  I also like Luke who's been in need of an upgrade, but I'm not totally convinced about the printing for R2-D2.  Perhaps I'm reading far too much into the new wave (as I usually do) but it does add a little more weight to the possibility of a UCS Cloud City for 2018 (e.g. X-Wing & Yoda's Hut)....

The new dress piece is exactly hw I’ve been picturing one for years. So happy about it. 

Yoda’s hut is cute and if I hadn’t picked up his Starfighter this summer, I’m sure I’d purchase it. Might have to pass on it and bricklink his torso. And hey! That’s the first fleshie Dagobah Luke ever!

Hi-res images of the new Falcon actually make me like it less, which I guess I shouldn’t complain about for my wallets sake. Qi’ra sports a Friends hairpiece in it. Is this the first time a Friends wig has appeared in a non-minidoll theme? Chewbacca looks absolutely terrible and Lando looks great. 

Haven’t bought a set in over 2 years... but I’m really liking these Solo sets and that Yoda’s Hut looks great! 

That Ki-adi Mundi looks really good also.

In regards to the summer sets, are there only a few sets in that wave? 

Just now, ArrowBricks said:

In regards to the summer sets, are there only a few sets in that wave? 

As far as we know, there's a total of 7 being released in August:

75214 - Anakin's Jedi Starfighter

75215 - Confidential 

75216 - Confidential 

75217 - Confidential 

75218 - X-Wing Starfighter

75219 - Confidential 

75220 - Sandcrawler

All of the "Confidential" sets are likely from TLJ.

The Mimban Stormtrooper in the TIE Fighter has a new helmet mold, the eyes are pushed back just a bit. I wonder if/when we're going to start seeing normal Stormtroopers with that. Also, RIP army building 

Edited by Brikkyy13

Wow, I’m really impressed with that Han Solo lineup! Minifigures look great and sets for the most part, except for some minor grimes with Tie Fighter I really like this wave. New Falcon is so different and unique, hope I can resist buying it.

Edited by benderisgreat

Han Solo sets look great, the main attraction is obviously the new MF and with that new colour scheme it makes it all. the more exiting.  I am just hoping that the interior is different to the previous models we have received.  

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

The Mimban Stormtrooper in the TIE Fighter has a new helmet mold, the eyes are pushed back just a bit. I wonder if/when we're going to start seeing normal Stormtroopers with that. Also, RIP army building 

I gather you mean the Jedi bp?

You could always just act like the Kaminoans kidnapped Ki-Adi Mundi and Barriss and decided to clone them? Yeah rip army building. 

Overall a very strong wave :thumbup:. I like the new hairpiece they've given Lando and this should give me a good chance to get some more of those new Han Hair pieces to replace on some of my OT Han figures. I'm not too sold on Chewbacca's new design, it's not actually the new mould that bothers me. Something about the facial printing just look a little off. 

Yoda's hut looks great! There's a lot of great parts in there and I think if you buy two or three of those you can build up a good Dagobah scene.

I really don't like the new Millenium Falcon. It seems to be mostly a recolor of the previous two versions with a few slight modifications here and there. I would have been tempted to buy it if they had at least included the new cockpit piece, but instead it's that same old narrow cone... Chewbacca is also a waking nightmare to look at. I'll have to get Han and Lando separate I guess.

I really like the Degobah set, though I'll admit I really don't care for that Yoda head still (Too Prequel in appearance to me) and seeing that child sized minifigure with a giant head on Luke's back only makes me think he should have been scaled down. In a world full of baby Groot's there's not a whole lot of excuse why Lego couldn't have scaled Yoda better.

Glad to see a proper skirt piece after all these years and at the proper height too. I see this getting a lot of use in licensed themes (I imagine DIsney CMF particularly).

What a great selection of sets and minifigs :wub: My personal highlights are the overdue new dress mould (which will certainly be made good use of in the upcoming Harry Potter revival), the Pyke, Moloch and the new Imperials. The Astromech (?) on legs looks hilarious though :laugh_hard: I wonder what the new Stormie type in the Battlepack is called... It's certainly not a Range Trooper as we previously thought :wink: 

Great great line up! Always love new Aliens! Especially molded beasts! Move lego will continue with that trend and stop with the buildables such as the rahthars and porgs. 

Not a fan of another MF, but I do definitely understand why they make one. I mean what is a Han Solo movie without it.

In contrary to many other here, I like a new chewbacca mold just for the fact that I can pretend that it is another wookiee to extend my wookiee army. What I don't like is another rebel in disguise. Do they have to do that in every movie from now on? I can MOC my own rebel in disguise thank you. 

Let's really hope that lego do not change the mold on the helmets for the normal storm troopers. I won't change army building another kind of trooper again.

Lastly I don't think that all none-revealed summer sets are TLJ. At least two of the summer sets should be Han Solo sets, since lego would at least do one location which they never include in the first wave pre-movie release. 

Neat that their will be a pyke in the movie. The minifigs all look great except for chewie even though I see what they’re trying doing. The sets all look nice. They should honestly stop putting capes on troopers. Sometimes it works but it’ll ruin the appeal over time.