MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

5 hours ago, Whovastron said:

It’s more the 2nd battle of Geonosis from the Clone Wars, as both Jedi were in that story arc

That's what I'd imagine- it was one of the best arcs of the whole series for me. 

The most gutting thing about this battlepack is that I had a chance to pick up a job lot of phase 2 clones, but missed it as I thought we'd get a newer version soon enough. D'oh!

As a huge Clone Wars fan I'm pretty disappointed we're getting phase 1 clones in the battlepack but I'm still probably going to pick it up.I'm really digging the Solo sets a lot more than I thought I would. It looks like a large part of the movie will take place on Corellia/Kessel. I'm still holding out hope though that the movie will include the liberation of Kashyyyk. We shall see in time. Woody Harilson's character can be found in minifig form but does anyone know what set he's supposed to be from? None of the ones we've seen so far seems to include him. It's a good looking figure, it'd be kinda  nice to know.

Edited by ToaDraco

Just now, ToaDraco said:

As a huge Clone Wars fan I'm pretty disappointed we're getting phase 1 clones in the battlepack but I'm still probably going to pick it up.I'm really digging the Solo sets a lot more than I thought I would. It looks like a large part of the movie will take place on Corellia/Kessel. I'm still holding out hope though that the movie will include the liberation of Kashyyyk. We shall see in time. Woody Harilson's character can be found in minifig form but does anyone know what set he's supposed to be from? None of the ones we've seen so far seems to include him. It's a good looking figure, it'd be kinda  nice to know.

He and Han come with the TIE Fighter in Imperial disguises.

6 hours ago, TWP said:

I'm interested in Barris' new skirt piece. Wonder if it's the same size as standard minifig legs, and wonder if it can bent for seating poses, but probalbly not.

A skirt/robe piece is way overdue. Think about all the characters with robes in the SW-films! 

I hope they utilize this and make new versions of all the major characters (like OT Leia, mon Mothma, Obi-wan, Emperor Palpatine, etc. etc.). 

1 hour ago, Bolingbroke said:

FEMALE navy troopers now? Oh god, the retconning never ends.

Um, the Empire used women in their military, including direct-combat roles....

I personally am excited because I can used the head in my custom Resistance army. Flesh colored female heads are expensive in Bricklink.

The new battle pack is excellent ?? Barris Offee as we all thought ? and not Coleman Trebor ... Now I am new to this board but lego usually releases battle packs that usually correspond with some type of larger set.. so I can see in the near future a Republic Gunship.. maybe they will release the AT-TE or the Gunship with a new version of Shaak Ti... we need a updated Shaak Ti soon!!! She’s one of the petranaki arena survivors I don’t currently have.. please we need a Shaak Ti!!! Just like how they redid Ashoka they need to do that with Shaak Ti

27 minutes ago, mon-o-mat said:

Where can one find this new pictures? \legoleaks seems to be dead.

may need to search in another sub on the same platform. leave out the "leaks" part in your original que and you may find them :wink:

52 minutes ago, mon-o-mat said:

I am not going to give details but legoleaks isn't dead, we just happened to adapt and operate under a more private area now ;)

2 hours ago, Mark1006 said:

Well Phase I shinies are pretty iconic (probably the best thing to come out of Attack of The Clones and they're present for a good 75% of the Clone Wars) and we haven't had them in 4 or 5 years.

It is strange that they continue to hold out on the long fabled 501st battlepack that fans have been consistently begging for battlepacks became a thing in 2007 and even more so after their notable arc in The Clone Wars, but I'm sure Lego have their reasons.

It is just not understandable to me. We had now phase 1 clones with ep II sets, clone wars sets and rebooted ep II sets. I mean right now would be the perfect opportunity to give more phase II clones :(

14 hours ago, Azani said:

Yup; the one that you were referring to was posted a few hours after my comment. Right now, tricks and fakes are everywhere.

My account is one of the accounts that went ahead with posting the latter image. It's the real deal. 

Alright cool! Thanks for clearing that up.

1 hour ago, mon-o-mat said:

Probably cause the mods were insanely strict with their title policy and deleted everything. Everything was posted to the normal sub anyway so it's no real loss

6 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Probably cause the mods were insanely strict with their title policy and deleted everything. Everything was posted to the normal sub anyway so it's no real loss

There was literally a title format it's not hard to follow a simple format but youre right no real loss :)

22 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I think that was a deliberate callback to the OT, where the Stormie designs also altered slightly between movies without any apparent reason :wink: I for one don't mind the change, I just would have preferred the change happening sooner (i.e. the first TLJ wave)

yeah but there was a 3 year gap between those movies, the gap between 7 and 8 is like an hour or 2

5 hours ago, Bantha Fodder said:

A skirt/robe piece is way overdue. Think about all the characters with robes in the SW-films! 

I hope they utilize this and make new versions of all the major characters (like OT Leia, mon Mothma, Obi-wan, Emperor Palpatine, etc. etc.). 

It wouldn't be a bad idea. BUT!! Not like I don't appreciate non-clone wars prints, leg prints, dual molds etc. but I quite frankly do not appreciate them at an expense of all the characters never made by lego

New finalized set pics are starting to show up on Rebelscum.

The Imperial Officer in the Imperial battlepack definitely has a new rank insignia as well as a new face. Makes me wonder if he's going to be a named character in the movie. The Death Star Trooper is indeed a female.

Yoda's Hut looks fantastic! I love the way they designed the door and the little play features for Luke's training are a nice touch. Looks like the hut has some nice interior detail. Glad we finally have Luke's ANH/ESB hairpiece in dark tan. The facial expression is new yet consistant with the design they've used since the Final Duel set and I can definitely see that leg print being reused for a Bespin version in Cloud City. Great to see Yoda's torso print is accurate to his OT appearance rather than just reusing the PT version. Dirty R2 is a much welcome variant. Honestly this set couldn't be better.

Barriss looks awesome up close. I like that they've kept her face print consistent with Luminara's by giving her  the colored eyes. Her torso looks identical to the Clone Wars version aside from the belt tip replacing the pouch. I like that the dress piece has a natural curve at the back rather than the sharp slope we've been used to for so long. Some may not like that it doesn't have any printing but I don't mind too much.The build for the battlepack looks a lot like a Republic Gunship microfighter. And again - new Ki-Adi-Mundi is perfect! :thumbup:

15 minutes ago, wesker said:

The Imperial Officer in the Imperial battlepack definitely has a new rank insignia as well as a new face. Makes me wonder if he's going to be a named character in the movie. The Death Star Trooper is indeed a female.

Yes! It looks like one row: either 2 blue bars on the left and 2 red bars on the right or 3 blue and 1 red.  That means it is NOT Admiral Motti. 

tilatest?cb=20140103204056)

We HAVE seen that rank in Rogue One (see below scene) so I don't think it will necessarily be an important character in the new movie.

Edited by Tusserte

4 minutes ago, Tusserte said:

Yes! It looks like one row: 2 blue bars on the left and 2 red bars on the right. 

actually, the rank plaque is 3 blue 2 red on one row ...

6rEh6pn.png

imperial naval commander. great having a brand new rank!! 

Just now, Tidy said:

actually, the rank plaque is 3 blue 2 red on one row ...

You sure? I couldn't quite tell from the picture.  I personally don't think it's 5 bars; are you sure you aren't confusing the code cylinder on the right for an extra bar?

Just now, Tusserte said:

You sure? I couldn't quite tell from the picture.  I personally don't think it's 5 bars; are you sure you aren't confusing the code cylinder on the right for an extra bar?

10000% positive. if i could attach the image i would. i'm definitely not confusing a code cylinder.

More set pics are up. Probably the biggest thing I noticed - the Stormtrooper and AT-ST Driver/General Veers helmets now have new molds! The AT-ST one looks like a huge improvement with molded goggles this time instead of the printed ones from the Rogue One figure. The new Stormtrooper helmet I'm a bit undecided on. I like the new 3D details that bring out a bit more depth than the original mold, but the shape of the chin area does look a little more bulky compared to the original helmet which captured the Stormtrooper look a little bit more.

Another thing of note is the Stormtrooper now has dual torso/leg printing for the belt. I've always felt the black hip piece on the classic Stormtroopers has looked dated ever since leg printing has become common practice and this is a change I hope becomes implemented on them in the near future - possibly as soon as the rumoured Cloud City set. Shame it couldn't happen sooner with the Sandtrooper thats just been released in the Cantina.

The TIE Fighter itself looks great and an improvement over the 2012 set but again I'm not fond of the blockiness compared to the other recent TIEs. The First Order, Inquisitor, Darth Vader and TIE Striker sets just seemed to capture the sleekness and roundess better with the use of the hinged roof piece and smooth angled corner bricks on the cockpit.

Whoever guessed Quay Tolsite was a Pyke - you were right on the mark! Great to finally have one after not showing up in any of the Clone Wars sets. The new mold for Chewbacca is surprising although I have to admit I'm not really seeing the likeness on this one. Its definitely the ugliest version of Chewie yet. Lando is sporting a new face print from the ROTJ one and what I assume is one of the new Black Panther hairpieces. The two droids look interesting and I like Han and Qi'Ra's alternate looks. Han's face print is great too - different enough to reflect the younger version of him (and different actor) but still consistent with the older Harrison Ford design.

The build of the Falcon looks pretty similar to the Force Awakens one aside from the singular front section, although I can spot a new yellow seating arrangement through the gaps of the roof where the chess table used to be. Can't wait to get a better look at the interior.

Lots of new molds that I'm on board with; the Veers and Stormtrooper mould look pretty good, but I'm very disappointed with the skirt pieces being hard and not cloth. 

Adding capes and camo and light greys to the stormtroopers and Imperials make them look like crappy OCs by a child who likes capes, but thats probably just me. 

Wow I’m loving all of these sets. The minifigure selection is incredible. Love the lando figure and han’s mentor in imperial gear. Chewie looks weird, I think it is his eyes. Overall the sets look better than I could have ever expected