MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

I’m kind of annoyed that we are getting MORE phase 1 clones, it seems reading back through this forum everyone was hyped for lego to finally do more phase 2 troopers. Not to mention I’ve spent time buying the printed legs to add to my phase 1 clones (which there are plenty of phase 1s already available on BL and eBay). When I could have just waited. I’ve seen quite a few others do this. Come on lego we want more phase 2 clones! We thought the Utapau troopers and battle on salucami were the start of more episode 3 variants, but the years have shown it not to be so. Though I suppose at least it will be easier to build a phase 1 army now. 

Edit-though I had a bad feeling about the background of the BP being geonosis ?

On a more positive note the Solo movie sets look gorgeous, and finally a new OT X wing! Glad I didn’t mod the resistance one.

Edited by Ed9217

12 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

*Snip*

@ChiefPie If its from the summer bp then its not a leak so it can go here. 

The helmet change really bothers me as its a jarring difference to the lego but in the film its barely noticeable and it doesn't make sense in the story with the lack of a time gap between TFA and TLJ.

Can someone explain which sets are these from ? Is The one on the left from the original FO battle pack and where is one on the right from ? I wish they wouldn't do this as it messes up the army building situation. 

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images, thanks :-)

Just now, ARIEL-1970 said:

Can someone explain which sets are these from ? Is The one on the left from the original FO battle pack and where is one on the right from ? I wish they wouldn't do this as it messes up the army building situation. 

I am also annoyed about the army building situation but I'm afraid that this is reported to be from post Christmas copies of set 75166: First Order Transport Speeder Battle Pack which is especially odd because that was a TFA set, they will probably 'update' the ones in the tlj sets such a the at-m6 as well.

13 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I am also annoyed about the army building situation but I'm afraid that this is reported to be from post Christmas copies of set 75166: First Order Transport Speeder Battle Pack which is especially odd because that was a TFA set, they will probably 'update' the ones in the tlj sets such a the at-m6 as well.

But why haven´t they produced these Stormtroopers since the first TLJ wave?

Edited by Praetorian_Guard

Hmmm the Han Solo sets are looking mighty interesting. Thoughts:

- Re: Death Star Trooper-ish figure: Looks like it's got an Imperial ground crew torso? Also the helmet looks a little smaller than the Navy Trooper mold. At first glance it actually looks like the Lego samurai helmet...hope I'm wrong. 

- Range troopers looking a little weird, but I'll wait and see the movie/other promotional materials before passing judgment. 

- Imperial officer in a BP? I don't care what rank he is, I'll take him! 

- Overall the set builds look nice. TIE is incredible, speeders look pretty sleek and will at least be parts packs, MF looking decent but a little phoned in. 

- The figures in the TIE set look really promising, can't wait to see the high res photos. 

- People are calling out Moloch as a Pyke... at first glance he strikes me as a Melitto (Sarco Plank). But we'll see.

23 minutes ago, Mac Daddy said:

People are calling out Moloch as a Pyke... at first glance he strikes me as a Melitto (Sarco Plank). But we'll see

I also think that he is a Melitto or maybe a complete new Species.

I hope Molochs Landspeeder has some new action fetuares (beneath Stud-Shooter). It looks like it has.

My must-buy-sets are: Battle Pack, Molochs Speeder and maybe Kessel Run Millenium Falcon (depends on interior)

55 minutes ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

But why haven´t they produced these Stormtroopers since the first TLJ wave?

They probably weren't informed of the change in time, the reason for the At-HS set despite so such walker existing in the film.

4 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

They probably weren't informed of the change in time, the reason for the At-HS set despite so such walker existing in the film.

Yes, I also think so.

Looks like a pretty solid wave. I like that the Imperial Battlepack comes with a vehicle featured in the film. The Range Troopers have a very Legends/Expanded Universe vibe to their design and the new Death Star Trooper's armored look is very reminiscent of Agent Kallus.

Both Landspeeders look pretty cool. Of the two I like Han's more but can see myself picking both up. Seeing these really makes me wish Lego would hurry up and remake the Bounty Hunter Pursuit set from AOTC. Always great to have newly molded Star Wars creatures with the Corellian Hounds.

Wasn't expecting a new Imperial TIE Fighter but its about time it got an update! Overall it looks great - but if I have one criticism the top of the cockpit does look a bit too blocky for my liking. I was kind of hoping it would use the hinged roof piece featured on all the other TIE Fighters since the First Order one in 2015, but instead it looks more like the old school models from the early 2000s. Should be an easy fix though.

The Millennium Falcon also looks completely different to what I was expecting but I like it. Lando's costume looks very retro and new Protocol Droids are always welcome. I wonder if we're getting two new hairpieces for Qi'Ra? The one in the Landspeeder set is short like Emilia's was while filming, while the Falcon costume that appears on the boxart has long hair tied back.

Regarding the aliens - Moloch from the Landspeeder is the Melitto/Sarco Plank looking one. Quay Tolsite from the Millennium Falcon is the one thats potentially a Pyke.

Glad to finally have a proper dress piece with the correct height proportions. From the Landspeeder boxart it looks like it might not only be the back that is sloped but the front as well. If its anything like Queen Amidala's gown piece it should also have pegs to connect to the torso like the standard minifigure legs rather than studs. Hopefully plenty of other characters like ANH/TLJ Leia, Zuckuss, Shaak Ti, Wat Tambor and Nute Gunray make good use of this piece in the near future.

Finally the new Ki-Adi-Mundi is perfect! He looks like a huge improvement over the old Clone Wars figure. Can't wait to see how Barriss Offee turns out.

Quite a lot of leaks. The Solo sets seem really solid with a great diversity of vehicles and minifigures. I really love the look of the speeders (and like others have mentioned, it makes me long for a Bounty Hunter Pursuit remake).  The new TIE is a very welcome surprise that I definitely plan on getting.  Overall, the price/piece count segmentation for the wave is so much better than that of TLJ. Great options for getting figures of the leads as well. 

And I guess we are getting Barriss instead of Coleman Trebor in the Jedi/Clone BP.  Kind of disappointing for me since Barriss has been in many sets over the years (with and without Clone Wars styling) whereas Trebor was in just one. Also would've preferred Phase II clones instead of Phase I since those also have been in fewer sets w/ the updated helmet molds than their counterpart (the plain versions, anyway). On a positive note Ki-Adi-Mundi looks fantastic.  So excited to be getting a non-Clone Wars version of him. 

Edited by sn0wmana

why the hell did theg change the fo stormtroopers considering no time passes between 7 and 8 and they just look worse now?

57 minutes ago, LEGODrongo01 said:

why the hell did theg change the fo stormtroopers considering no time passes between 7 and 8 and they just look worse now?

I think that was a deliberate callback to the OT, where the Stormie designs also altered slightly between movies without any apparent reason :wink: I for one don't mind the change, I just would have preferred the change happening sooner (i.e. the first TLJ wave)

The Geonosis BP looks good; I like the new Ki-adi Mundi and the dress for Barris Offee, but the phase 1 clones are disappointing. They're not bad figures, but they're the pretty common already. They could have just been phase 2, or at least an updated version of the Clone Wars animated series phase 1 clones. I would've bought 12. Instead I'm buying one. maybe two

Edited by Infinite Bricks

Just now, Infinite Bricks said:

The Geonosis BP looks good; I like the new Ki-adi Mundi and the dress for Barris Offee, but the phase 1 clones are disappointing. They're not bad figures, but they're the pretty common already. They could have just been phase 2, or at least an updated version of the Clone Wars animated series phase 1 clones. I would've bought 12. Instead I'm buying one. maybe two

Wait so guys is this Jedi Battlepack confirmed to be from AOTC?

9 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Yes, I posted an image on reddit, it has the minifigs included showing, there are 2x AotC styled clone troopers. (next to ki-adi mundi and barris offee)

Too bad they've used the same headpiece for Ki-Adi, it doesn't fit with his movie appearance. But I can understand they couldn't justify designing a whole new one for just a small set as a battle pack is. It's great to me already he has an updated minifig head and torso/leg pieces.

I'm interested in Barris' new skirt piece. Wonder if it's the same size as standard minifig legs, and wonder if it can bent for seating poses, but probalbly not.

8 minutes ago, TWP said:

I'm interested in Barris' new skirt piece. Wonder if it's the same size as standard minifig legs, and wonder if it can bent for seating poses, but probalbly not.

I can see them using it for Zuckuss

54 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

It’s more the 2nd battle of Geonosis from the Clone Wars, as both Jedi were in that story arc

Lego could give us the option of having Phase I or Phase II clones by giving two of each helmets.

Or just we just buy Phase II helmets off Bricklink. I'm not quite sure if you can buy the helmet pieces, as from the google search I did just came up with whole figures.

16 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

It’s more the 2nd battle of Geonosis from the Clone Wars, as both Jedi were in that story arc

Both where also in the first battle in the Petraki Arena :wink:

I really love the Solo wave. There was a moment when I thought to myself 'I may actually buy all of these'. 

I love the Falcon in particular because it's helped me get over the UCS version. 

I'm probably never going to buy that beautiful £650 set, but the Solo variant, displayed next to my TFA Falcon... That'll do quite nicely.

9 hours ago, Ed9217 said:

I’m kind of annoyed that we are getting MORE phase 1 clones, it seems reading back through this forum everyone was hyped for lego to finally do more phase 2 troopers. Not to mention I’ve spent time buying the printed legs to add to my phase 1 clones (which there are plenty of phase 1s already available on BL and eBay). When I could have just waited. I’ve seen quite a few others do this. Come on lego we want more phase 2 clones! We thought the Utapau troopers and battle on salucami were the start of more episode 3 variants, but the years have shown it not to be so. Though I suppose at least it will be easier to build a phase 1 army now. 

Edit-though I had a bad feeling about the background of the BP being geonosis ?

On a more positive note the Solo movie sets look gorgeous, and finally a new OT X wing! Glad I didn’t mod the resistance one.

Again!!!!!????

Why are they doing this!???

5 minutes ago, Nassir_Amit said:

Again!!!!!????

Why are they doing this!???

Well Phase I shinies are pretty iconic (probably the best thing to come out of Attack of The Clones and they're present for a good 75% of the Clone Wars) and we haven't had them in 4 or 5 years.

It is strange that they continue to hold out on the long fabled 501st battlepack that fans have been consistently begging for battlepacks became a thing in 2007 and even more so after their notable arc in The Clone Wars, but I'm sure Lego have their reasons.