MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

19 minutes ago, AmericaLego said:

There is a leak of the Han Solo figure out there, and it seems to be the Millenium Falcon variant.

If you're referring to the low-resolution shot of a figure next to an Ebony Maw figure, then I wouldn't get too excited; that's not an upcoming fig. Just a composite of a few that are already on the market.

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

This wouldn’t be the first time Lego have made a ‘running change’ to sets. Back in 2013 I got the a 2012 DC Set where the batman cowl had been updated to the new 2013 mould

And of.course the change in colour to Kanans hair in the ghost. 

1 hour ago, Azani said:

If you're referring to the low-resolution shot of a figure next to an Ebony Maw figure, then I wouldn't get too excited; that's not an upcoming fig. Just a composite of a few that are already on the market.

All the lowrest set photos are on reddit. You can barely see the figures, but that falcon variant is pretty clear.

Mariopower had posted some clear shots of the Solo minifigures too (taken down already), which are consistent to the set photos i saw. Seems like we are getting the new Ki Adi Mundi this April :)

4 hours ago, Seaber said:

Watch the scene where Han, Luke and Chewie are waiting for the lift, I think one passes then without a cap if I remember rightly. 

Ah, I see, thanks! I spotted 3.

star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-8560.jpg

star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-8573.jpg

Still hope they have a (new) rank plaque though, haha. But rather no rank plaque then one with a rank plaque we already got:grin:

The leak was super grainy so it's hard to tell but it seems like there is a rank on the Imperial officer.  It does look smaller though, maybe it's the one-row kind with blue and red next to each other like Admiral Motti?  Those were in ANH and Rogue One too.

Edited by Tusserte

I am rather confused about the alien from the speeder, as it looks like a Pyke but is missing a face, perhaps its wearing a mask?

18 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

This looks like the most interesting wave since the first lot of rogue one sets. It's a dark time for my wallet...

Definitely agree, the stand alones continue to deliver, just let the New Saga be over with so we are back to better lego sets again! lol

26 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I am rather confused about the alien from the speeder, as it looks like a Pyke but is missing a face, perhaps its wearing a mask?

Not the one from the speeder, the one from the MF

6 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Not the one from the speeder, the one from the MF

?

I haven't seen close up images of the mf one but from the box it does look like it could be a Pyke cause it has more of a face (from what I can see) than the speeder oner, perhaps they are book Pykes.

I don't usually do SW, but the X-Wing and TIE might have to be purchases this year. I was kicking myself for years for not getting the last versions from 2012. The new (or I guess old) Falcon looks cool but there's no way I'm buying another Falcon for $170, I have the 2015 version and Super Heroes, Harry Potter, and maybe some SW sets will already stretch my budget this year.

38 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Definitely agree, the stand alones continue to deliver, just let the New Saga be over with so we are back to better lego sets again! lol

Well the coast is clear for quite a while I think. They really sucked The Force Awakens dry and TLJ only has about 3 or 4 more things left they'd feasibly make sets out of, so I think after this summer wave presumably gets them out of the way it's going to be almost all Ep I - VI until late 2019, with the odd set thrown in from Solo/Rogue One/Rebels/The Clone Wars (something to celebrate the 10th anniversary maybe?).

11 hours ago, Mark1006 said:

Well the coast is clear for quite a while I think. They really sucked The Force Awakens dry and TLJ only has about 3 or 4 more things left they'd feasibly make sets out of, so I think after this summer wave presumably gets them out of the way it's going to be almost all Ep I - VI until late 2019, with the odd set thrown in from Solo/Rogue One/Rebels/The Clone Wars (something to celebrate the 10th anniversary maybe?).

thank god, then we can finally get a new TIE bomber or Interceptor. Or both! And i reckon they might remake Kylo Rens Shuttle from ep 7 down the line, considering how badly they butchered the last one.

9 minutes ago, LEGODrongo01 said:

thank god, then we can finally get a new TIE bomber or Interceptor. Or both! And i reckon they might remake Kylo Rens Shuttle from ep 7 down the line, considering how badly they butchered the last one.

TLJ Spoilers:

Spoiler

That's actually the way I see us getting middle-aged Luke. We probably wont get Kylo vs Luke's projection set by itself just because it happens on a completely barren salt plane with literally no points of reference to make a set out of, but since Kylo's shuttle is prominently featured in the scene I can see them redoing it properly and adding Luke.

In other news, I got clarification from the Brick Show. Apparently the battlepack has two plain Phase I troopers. Interesting choice, would have preferred a legion but you can never have enough shinies I guess. I wonder if we'll get something to put them into soon, like a new AT-TE or Gunship?

Edited by Mark1006

5 hours ago, Azani said:

Well that may be true, but there is another leak of Han Solo in a different outfit posted on a few accounts.

I've seen a low-res picture of the Clone Trooper Battle Pack minifigures and they all look really good! Ki-Adi-Mundi has all new printing and Barriss Offee has the new dress/robe piece that we've seen in one of the Han Solo sets. I'm definitely getting this set when it comes out. 

Just now, Phoenix__Phyre said:

I've seen a low-res picture of the Clone Trooper Battle Pack minifigures and they all look really good! Ki-Adi-Mundi has all new printing and Barriss Offee has the new dress/robe piece that we've seen in one of the Han Solo sets. I'm definitely getting this set when it comes out. 

Does it have plain Phase II Clones?

1 hour ago, Phoenix__Phyre said:

Does Ki-Adi have the same head piece?)

56 minutes ago, Phoenix__Phyre said:

The other two figures are both plain Phase I Clones.

Oh, nice. I was hoping for Phase II but the Phase I ones still look really cool. Thanks!

I'm incredibly excited for official pictures to surface of any D2C Star Wars sets, no matter what they turn out to be. If memory serves, the rumors are UCS Y-wing and UCS Cloud City for 2018. Verification on either one works for me :D both are welcome additions for an OT collector.

But this Kessel Run Falcon for Solo sets.. I have to agree with criticisms that it is a lazy design on Lego's part. Don't get me wrong, if its interior blows me away and I find it on a good enough discount, I'll pick it up for sure. However, at $170 USD with the same basic structure as the past 3 system scale Falcons, it's an easy pass. Especially when the front section of the ship looks so pinched and the cockpit appears equally misshapen and elongated. I know it's the tried n true system scale MF cockpit piece used on every iteration since 2004, but the new design really accentuates the mold's flaws. 

3 hours ago, AmericaLego said:

Well that may be true, but there is another leak of Han Solo in a different outfit posted on a few accounts.

Yup; the one that you were referring to was posted a few hours after my comment. Right now, tricks and fakes are everywhere.

My account is one of the accounts that went ahead with posting the latter image. It's the real deal. 

14 hours ago, Mark1006 said:

TLJ Spoilers:

Hide contents

That's actually the way I see us getting middle-aged Luke. We probably wont get Kylo vs Luke's projection set by itself just because it happens on a completely barren salt plane with literally no points of reference to make a set out of, but since Kylo's shuttle is prominently featured in the scene I can see them redoing it properly and adding Luke.

While that will be really cool, I think its too cool for LEGO and it will probably just be a takodana based set, maybe with Rey chucked in there. The real question is, will they ever make a set of han solos death, including a mechanism to make him fall of the bridge?