MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

I know a lot of folks care about the radar on the Falcon, many having a preference on whether the OT or ST design looks better on the ship. I've never had a strong opinion either way, but seeing the new radar shape on the Kessel Run MF, I got a feeling this one won't be anyone's favorite. I mean.. WTF??? hahaha

16 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I like most of these, shame that we can't see the tie figs.

I found the tie figs, first photo I found had the cropped out for some bizarre reason.

14 minutes ago, Nokturn said:

I am absolutely shocked at how good these sets look. Sometimes it feels like TLG has a completely different team working on the anthology film sets. The TFA and TLJ waves are somewhat lackluster overall compared to Rogue One and Solo.

I do agree that they are better sets but maybe its because not all they ships are concept art e.g. the tie and the At-st.

5 hours ago, Thomty said:

well you are absolutely wrong but ok

To be fair, I will admit that I was wrong this time, because that name is very stupid.

That does not change the fact that I am pretty consistently right about these things. Maybe those folks should stop listing the Solo kits as "summer sets"... 

Wow I absolutely love the new Stormtrooper designs in that Solo battlepack. The vehicle is actually pretty cool too. That and the "brick" speeder are must haves for me.I really, really like the speeder with Han, the... chick(no idea who that is) and the new creature mold. That's a great, inexpensive way to get Han and that creature!  That other speeder is well designed even if it is the definition of blocky and the figs look great and I love the little creature molds and the fact we are FINALLY getting a new alien head mold for that driver. One of things I like most in Star Wars is the variety of sentient species and we frankly haven't gotten nearly enough of them in LEGO form let alone being prominently featured characters since the prequels. I love the coloration of the new(well technically old) Falcon, though admittedly I'm not keen on the front section where the mandibles are filled in. I honestly wasn't expecting that. The new TIE looks nice but it's basically a color swap of the FO Special Forces TIE minus a few guns, frankly I'll just stick with the far more visually appealing Sequel Trilogy one. The 3 smaller sets will be must haves for me for sure. Do we have any info on potential prices on those speeders? Fingers crossed the blue one is $20 and the grey one $30.

Edited by ToaDraco

6 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

The new TIE looks nice but it's basically a color swap of the FO Special Forces TIE minus a few guns, frankly I'll just stick with the far more visually appealing Sequel Trilogy one.

It's a new cockpit + pylon design , which look to be somewhat more like the UCS model than the previous system scale sets. The solar panels are mostly the same as before though.

I like the new Falcon, hope the interior is well designed.

Sets look good at first glanse if the speeders have some functionality like storage space, etc.

same negativesfor the battlepack:

- only contains 2 troopers, lego should make this 4 and delete those studshooters from then or add conventional blasters so we have a choice.

- still no new blaster design...

23 minutes ago, belkor said:

It's a new cockpit + pylon design , which look to be somewhat more like the UCS model than the previous system scale sets. The solar panels are mostly the same as before though.

Ah so it is. More blocky, less sleek. I don't much care for that even if it is accurate.

21 minutes ago, firefox said:

I like the new Falcon, hope the interior is well designed.

Sets look good at first glanse if the speeders have some functionality like storage space, etc.

same negativesfor the battlepack:

- only contains 2 troopers, lego should make this 4 and delete those studshooters from then or add conventional blasters so we have a choice.

- still no new blaster design...

The grey speeder appears to have some sort of cage in the side of it, perhaps one of the creatures can be stored in it. Other than that I wouldn't really count on them doing anything more than shooting though I hope I'm wrong. I have a bad feeling these things will end up being $10 more than they should be as that seems to be the trend in the past few years. Still, I think the 2 sets will look great together and I'm thrilled we will be getting 3 of that new creature mold which seems uncharacteristically generous of LEGO. It seems we generally only get 1 or 2 of something like that in an entire theme. I'm a big fan of their design, I'm quite fond of creature designs with a larger upper body and larger front limbs like the Reek from epII and the Rancor or the Brachiosaurus and American Bison irl.

It is unfortunate LEGO keeps giving us only 2 decent figs in most of these battlepacks with no "real" weapons either. The studshooters really need to go. At least there's always bricklink...

Edited by ToaDraco

If that imperial officer does have no rank insignia, it would fit well with Episode IV, where quite a few imperials are seen without the badges. 

It's a yes to both speeders and the battlepack for me, possibly the TIE and the falcon will have to decide after seeing the movie. Can't wait for the trailer!

Edited by Seaber

I think the OT TIE finally looks right. It looks like a perfect minifig-version of the UCS TIE.

The Speeders seems well designed, especially the blue one looks cool. The minifig selection of the Millenium Falcon seems to be great.

Overall a very interesting wave. 

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

Do we have any info on potential prices on those speeders? Fingers crossed the blue one is $20 and the grey one $30.

They are 30 and 40.

I only collect SW minifigs due to both space and money, but with all these new movies and multiple waves it's getting hard to keep up! And then there's the rumoured new HP sets and D2C ... I don't know whether to laugh or cry lol

That Tie sure does look nice though. MoistureFarmer summed up my thoughts perfectly. Couldn't have put it better myself :) 

43 minutes ago, MoistureFarmer said:

I think the OT TIE finally looks right. It looks like a perfect minifig-version of the UCS TIE.

Really like new Han Solo sets. Battlepack looks good, small speeder is ok, but has nice minifigures. Bigger speeder is weird too bulky for what it offers and just 2 minings, not sure about it. Ot Tie fighters there anything to say about it? If it’s 50-60$ it’ll fly off the shelves like hot cakes, if it’s 70$ (most likely) then it’s a tough sell. New Falcon looks really good, good redesign of classic  vehicle! Love the colors and it comes with a lot of minifigures! Overall, good line of sets, but nothing great.

So the smaller speeder has an alien with some kind of staff and a human(?) with Pao's hat and a whip, the larger one has Han and Kira. Both boxes have the same planet artwork.

Maybe both are in a chase? Imagine if they updated Bounty Hunter Pursuit like that.

I found the pictures, I really like the builds except for the new Falcon... the new color scheme and the weird shape of the nose don't do it for me, and it's incredibly expensive... Otherwise it's a great little lineup of sets, I'll certainly be getting that TIE Fighter.

Interesting wave. The new TIE looks good, but Lego still hasnt managed to get the diagonal panel spokes built into the inside of the panel.

Are they just lazy and dont care anymore about "little" details like that? I cant imagine that it wouldnt be possible with legal techniques to be added on.

Speeders looks ok, but are quite blocky and dont offer too much visual interest. New Stormtroopers Designs are weird and the new Falcon design I dont like at all.

The color scheme is nice and fresh, but filling the gap between the mandibles takes away A LOT of the iconic shape (not Legos fault though obviously).

The sets I am most interested in 2018 are definitely the new versions of Yodas Hut and the new OT X-Wing (which looks pretty nice). Adding some foliage and dirt to the ship and you can make a great looking dagobah display I hope!

They've covered several bases with those summer sets. Dagobah and an X-Wing... Now you can have X-Wing and TIE dogfight. I really hope the Imperial Officer does have either no rank or a smaller rank to be able to add to my Imperial military.

I also like that the Trooper is a different type of Trooper rather than an in-between Stormtrooper. I'm interested to know who the figures are with the pilot in the TIE. They look like new imperials altogether. 

While the sets themself look good, solid builds it seems, I really dislike this wave. It looks like those speeders came from the Super Heroes line and the MF doesn't even look like the MF. I really don't like all these spinoffs 'new' vehicles, forced characters and strange minifigures. 

fwiw, the US prices for this wave:

75207 -> $14.99
75209 -> $29.99
75210 -> $39.99
75211 -> $69.99
75212 -> $169.99

Wow, I kinda like the Kessel Run Millenium Falcon. Didn't expect that. Also the speeder with Han and Kira and the dog thing looks amazing. If only we got a trailer.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

Good to see we'll have a TIE Fighter to accompany the X Wing next year. The battlepack looks excellent and a great way to build up some Imperial Officers. I love how the anthology movies are introducing us to different types of Imperial Troopers and ranks. 

11 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Wait, I just realized that the green Boba Fett figure that leaked recently isn’t in any of these sets, so that basically confirms the Cloud City set. 

Cloud City would likely be the Force a Friday set not the May 4 set (if the Ywing rumor is correct) so I doubt a fig for it has leaked already.

Wasn't expecting this year to be as good as it is, especially the fact that Lego is incorporating all eras of Star Wars, new and old. From Clone Wars (Grievous, Jedi BP, Anakin's Starfighter), Solo (Millennium Falcon), the OT (X-Wing, TIE, Yoda's Hut, Sandcrawler, Cantina), and Last Jedi, with more to be revealed soon!

Literally all we're missing is The Ghost!