MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

These sets look...really good. Animal is a new mold. Love the falcon! Overall very nice Sets. Getting the falcon for sure, most likely the battle pack and one of the speeders as well

Those speeders are okayish. Is it me or does the pilot of the speeder with the baddies have a strange legpiece? I like the ‘hounds’ by the way. 

The Tie looks like the old one, doesn’t it? But those figs look like Hux’ soldiers. I think imperial fans will like that set. The bp as well. 

But what happened to the falcon? Strange colours and the shape itself has changed (instead of the two points they look like they are glued together as one). I am not a fan. But it is a different falcon, so maybe for the falconlovers enough reason to buy it. 

The Falcon looks absolutely delectable, and looks like it has a nice figure selection to boot. I've never splashed on one before, but depending on how I feel about the movie this might just be the one.

TIE Fighter also looks great and seems to be accompanied by some very interesting figures. If we can get a TIE Interceptor and Bomber within the next year or two that'll finally be the entire complement of original trilogy starfighters given modern updates (Taking the B-Wing in 2014 as the starting point).

I like the two speeders. A little boxy and probably wont end up very high on my agenda, but it's good that Han and the female lead are available in a cheap sets.

I think I’ll get the TIE for sure, been wanting one of those and it’ll look great with the new X-Wing. I’ll probably get the speeder and battle pack as well. Solid wave for sure. 

Glorious, Glorious, GLORIOUS TIE fighter.

And I'll need at the very least 5-6 or those imperial battlepacks. 2 very nice kind of troopers, an officer and a navy soldier. SOLD

Wow I'm hyped for a couple of sets, that feels great! 

Not entirely sold on the new design of vehicles though, both speeders feel very blocky, and I'm wouldnt be able to justifying getting a new falcon even this one seems very different.

Crap even the mini-figs all look interesting.

Edited by RetroInferno

Wait, I just realized that the green Boba Fett figure that leaked recently isn’t in any of these sets, so that basically confirms the Cloud City set. 

I am definitely getting two of those TIE Fighters, and maybe the two speeder sets.

I'm not sure about the Falcon though. I like the look, but i'll have to see the movie first.

Just now, NeutralNoodle said:

Wait, I just realized that the green Boba Fett figure that leaked recently isn’t in any of these sets, so that basically confirms the Cloud City set. 

It does not. There's still a chance that it could've been faked, or there's a retail exclusive set with him in it. Or for some reason he turns up in something that we haven't seen hi-res pictures of yet. 

I like how the box art is a derivative/cousin of the TLJ sets... that should allow them to coexist on shelves compatibly for the ~2 years between Eps VIII and IX. 

Having seen the design of the "new" Falcon a week or two ago, I'm a bit disappointed that LEGO's interpretation recycles the existing System-scale Falcon build yet again, with only minor adjustments. The nose isn't long enough and doesn't start far enough back on the ship... consequently it looks tacked on and not like an organic extension of the saucer section, which is what worked so well in the yellow/gold key art that leaked a week or so ago. This will require a fair amount of MODding to correct.

The sets look pretty good, I’ll wait until the high-res images drop before I make my final judgment though.

On a seperate note, I’m quite likely wrong but it’s seems the alien with the sloped dress peice has a shorter then usual dress peice, maybe a new mold?

New set pictures! Better give my thoughts. The Battle Pack is not my thing so I'm not even going to bother talking about that. The Han Solo Landspeeder looks neat, the dark blue is a nice colour and the build itself looks good (not great). I think the price is very good and I love the figures. The main star, another big character, and a cool new animal mold. The "Landspeeder" set has some great minifigures. The build is interesting, for me the cockpit is a highlight with the fact that the alien can fully fit and the thing keeping him in is a nice build. The back looks blocky and if there is something cool then I like it but if not then it's just a waste of pieces that raise the price. The Tie Fighter... It's a Tie Fighter, one of many. I know a lot of you are happy but this just bores me, we got one in 2015 so I just don't see the point in this one. Maybe it's just the fact that I am not the biggest Lego Star Wars fan that this does not excite me. The price I will say is great and I can't comment on the figures. The Kessel Run Millennium Falcon looks incredible, great news colour scheme and the new front part is a nice new touch. I hope the interior is good, if it is then this set will be even better. The price is a bit expensive I think. Cannot comment on figures but it seems you get lot. Overall really solid wave with some surprisingly cool builds. Though I will say the fact that the leaked Boba Fett is not in any of these makes me sad. Since he is not in this he is probably in the new Cloud City, which I probably will not get. The lack of that sick new Boba Fett figure has disappointed me a bit, I was hopping he would be in a cheaper set and was going to get it. I don't know if I will get any of the sets now, the speeders look good but I would rather but the Yoda's Hot which is at a lower price. The Falcon does look amazing but the price is just too high, and sorry Star Wars but I think the Infinity War sets will impress me more.(I'm already sold just off the description of the new Sanctum Sanctorum) 

I like the Imperial battlepack (interesting early stormie variants + officer/death squad commander) despite the stud shooters but the speeders look a bit blocky. I have the 2012 Tie so this one doesn't do much for me but the figures look interesting (Captain Phasma's mummy?). Not really interested in the MF but looks like a lot of the interesting/unique figs will be found there including Lando and maybe Zuckuss as a middle finger to those hoping for him to be in a cheap set.

Edited by TeufelHund

Just now, TeufelHund said:

I like the Imperial battlepack but the speeders look a bit blocky. I have the 2012 Tie so this one doesn't do much for me but the figures look interesting. Not really interested in the MF but looks like a lot of the interesting/unique figs will be found there including Lando and maybe Zuckuss as a middle finger to those hoping for him to be in a cheap set.

The fifth figure from the left looks really strange I admit, but all figures have their final name and he aint Zuckuss, although it's clearly an alien by the look of it. 

Just now, RetroInferno said:

The fifth figure from the left looks really strange I admit, but all figures have their final name and he aint Zuckuss, although it's clearly an alien by the look of it. 

This is all known and readily available canon, but just in case anyone wants to go into the movie completely blind I guess I'll spoiler tag it:

Spoiler

It's more than likely a Pyke, an alien species that make up the Pyke Syndicate. They're basically a space drug cartel that get smugglers to do the "Kessel Run" from the spice mines of Kessel to Coruscant, carrying the goods. I'm guessing this will be the main event of the movie, giving backstory to Han's claim about doing the run in 12 parsecs in ANH.

Did the officer print change? It seems off slightly on the Imperial Batthe pack or am I going crazy?

18 minutes ago, Forresto said:

Did the officer print change? It seems off slightly on the Imperial Batthe pack or am I going crazy?

No, you’re definitely not the only one. It looks like it’s missing the rank insignia IMO. 

Anyone know what rank the Imperial officer in the battle pack will have?  The officers in 75055 were captains (3 bars) and the ones in 75184 were colonels (4 bars).  I really hope they give us a new lower rank one like a lieutenant.

Leaked pictures of the lego Han solo movie sets but still no movie trailer... lol

5 hours ago, Thomty said:

Well the new "range trooper" looks cool. Plus the new falcon set will be called "the kessel run millennium falcon". cheers. 

4 hours ago, Azani said:

No, it definitely won't be. Trusting The Brick Show is probably a bad idea.

Awkward... 

Edited by Omega 8

Han Solo buildable figure has leaked as well. As usual it looks a bit off, but I think it looks really close to Alden Ehrenreich (who IMO looks nothing like Harrison Ford but I'm gonna wait until the movie's out to judge)

Edited by Brikkyy13

I like most of these, shame that we can't see the tie figs, but these sets somehow raise my hopes for the movie, I will probably get the tie and the battle-pack and wait to see what I think of the film before I get any of the others.

21 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Alden Ehrenreich (who IMO looks nothing like Harrison Ford but I'm gonna wait until the movies out to judge)

He looks more like Ford than Glover looks like Williams, :hmpf_bad:. (not says he looks like Ford just that Donald Glover doesn't look like Billy Dee).

I am absolutely shocked at how good these sets look. Sometimes it feels like TLG has a completely different team working on the anthology film sets. The TFA and TLJ waves are somewhat lackluster overall compared to Rogue One and Solo.