MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

2 minutes ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

The Solo sets release on April 20th with the rest of the Solo merchandise. The movie itself releases in May.

Hmm... In the German Catalog is writen: "Neue Brickheadz ab Mai 2018" wich means "New Brickheadz in May 2018"

Just now, Praetorian_Guard said:

Hmm... In the German Catalog is writen: "Neue Brickheadz ab Mai 2018" wich means "New Brickheadz in May 2018"

The Brickheadz might release in May, but the regular Solo sets definitely release in April.

Edited by Commodore Thrawn

Just now, Commodore Thrawn said:

The Brickheadz might release in May, but the regular Solo sets definitely release in April.

For the regular Solo Sets is writen in the catalog: "Neue LEGO Star Wars Produkte ab Mai" which means "New LEGO Star Wars products in May". But I thin April 20th is the correct date and LEGO doesn´t know, when they start to sell their products. :wink:

Depends. In Germany, summer sets release officially on June 1st usually, but Galeria Kaufhof (German store chain) gets an early release of the summer wave on the 15th. Might be similar here.

Or we're just late like with this winter wave, which was released on the 27th in Germany, but already on the 15th in UK and US.

2 minutes ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

For the regular Solo Sets is writen in the catalog: "Neue LEGO Star Wars Produkte ab Mai" which means "New LEGO Star Wars products in May". But I thin April 20th is the correct date and LEGO doesn´t know, when they start to sell their products. :wink:

In most catalogs it's April for both regular sets an brickheadz.

Something I am surprised not many people on this forum notice, while speculating on set prices, is the size of the boxes. Having seen the leaked catalog, i can say with relative confidence that the summer sandcrawler will be a roughly $150 set, due to the box size of 480x378x94 millimeters, which is the exact size of both the 2015 Falcon and the 2017 Gorrila walker, both sets retailing at $150. The new X-Wing has the same box size as both resistance X-Wings, and also the Y-Wing. I'd bet that it will retail for $80, given the box's size of 480x282x61 millimeters, but i'm hoping for the sake of my wallet that it will be $60, like the Y-Wing. given the recent price hike on 262x191x72 sets (such as Ahch to) from $25 to $30, Anakin's Delta 7 probably will be $30, also.

Just now, Frye99 said:

Something I am surprised not many people on this forum notice, while speculating on set prices, is the size of the boxes. Having seen the leaked catalog, i can say with relative confidence that the summer sandcrawler will be a roughly $150 set, due to the box size of 480x378x94 millimeters, which is the exact size of both the 2015 Falcon and the 2017 Gorrila walker, both sets retailing at $150. The new X-Wing has the same box size as both resistance X-Wings, and also the Y-Wing. I'd bet that it will retail for $80, given the box's size of 480x282x61 millimeters, but i'm hoping for the sake of my wallet that it will be $60, like the Y-Wing. given the recent price hike on 262x191x72 sets (such as Ahch to) from $25 to $30, Anakin's Delta 7 probably will be $30, also.

double check your falcon box size ... the new han solo falcon has the same dimensions though ... at 582x378x87 ...

but yeah, the sandcrawler should be in the buck fifty range ... 

Just now, Tidy said:

double check your falcon box size ... the new han solo falcon has the same dimensions though ... at 582x378x87 ...

but yeah, the sandcrawler should be in the buck fifty range ... 

good catch, but yeah the sandcrawler still should be around $150

Any more info on the creature? Brickbuilt or molded? Colour, terrain etc? Exciting!, love the new clone!!!

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Brickshow leaked some stuff this time about the solo sets. It’s the falcon during the Kessel Run. It looks like the falcon from the promo image we got a while back, we get the big 4 and several other minifigures, we also get a tie fighter, land Speeder, also a weird looking new animal. The new clone comes from the battle pack

More info on the creature please! Brick-built or moulded, colour, terrain etc!

1 minute ago, Brickr said:

Any more info on the creature? Brickbuilt or molded? Colour, terrain etc? Exciting!, love the new clone!!!

More info on the creature please! Brick-built or moulded, colour, terrain etc!

no solid info yet.  just a verbal description ... 

I found the DJ poly at a Toys R Us in Wisconsin, USA. It wasn't supposed to be for sale yet, but they let me buy them anyway.

So according to the Brick Show the Jedi in the battlepack will definitely be Barriss Offee and Ki-Adi Mundi. They also mentioned in a comment that, at least according to the image they have, the two troopers are both "plain".

Not sure if they were looking at the same preliminary box art we've had for awhile now or the finished product though, iirc minifigs like clones generally don't have their final detailing in those types of prelim images if it's a new print. Either way I'd take plain phase II troopers. even if we don't see them in the movies.

Well the new "range trooper" looks cool. Plus the new falcon set will be called "the kessel run millennium falcon". cheers. 

47 minutes ago, Thomty said:

Well the new "range trooper" looks cool. Plus the new falcon set will be called "the kessel run millennium falcon". cheers. 

No, it definitely won't be. Trusting The Brick Show is probably a bad idea.

1 hour ago, Mark1006 said:

So according to the Brick Show the Jedi in the battlepack will definitely be Barriss Offee and Ki-Adi Mundi. They also mentioned in a comment that, at least according to the image they have, the two troopers are both "plain".

This is a breath of fresh air. It’ll be nice to finally get a legit Ki-Adi Mundi and some plain (Phase II?) Clones. 

22 minutes ago, Azani said:

well you are absolutely wrong but ok

23 minutes ago, Azani said:

Just now, Thomty said:

well you are absolutely wrong but ok

such the quandary. who do i trust. oh no. 

Just now, Tidy said:

such the quandary. who do i trust. oh no. 

well just check the pictures then won't you ;)

Just now, Thomty said:

well just check the pictures then won't you ;)

provide copies of the pictures.

Did not expect those to leak today! The millennium falcon is indeed called the "Kessel Run Millennium Falcon." I'll probably skip it since I have both the UCS and TFA versions. It looks like Lando and a few other characters are exclusive to it, that's unfortunate. The TIE looks great, will definitely be getting that one. The two speeders look pretty cool, and those molded animals look neat. Looks like Emilia Clarke's character is in the speeder set with Han, with a new hair mold. The battle pack is nice, I wonder if that's vehicle will actually be in the movie. Looks like it's a relatively cheap wave, even with the Falcon which will no doubt be $150US. 

Is that a Imperial officer in the battlepack? Sets do look neat. Probably going to pick the falcon up and the tie fighter.

Just now, Brikkyy13 said:

Did not expect those to leak today! The millennium falcon is indeed called the "Kessel Run Millennium Falcon." I'll probably skip it since I have both the UCS and TFA versions. It looks like Lando and a few other characters are exclusive to it, that's unfortunate. The TIE looks great, will definitely be getting that one. The two speeders look pretty cool, and those molded animals look neat. Looks like Emilia Clarke's character is in the speeder set with Han, with a new hair mold. The battle pack is nice, I wonder if that's vehicle will actually be in the movie. Looks like it's a relatively cheap wave, even with the Falcon which will no doubt be $150US. 

falcon is $169.99 ... =/

The battle pack has good figures AND a good build. The landspeeders are also pretty good builds with good figures and those animal

things. FINALLY a new OT TIE, and the falcons looks quite nice with the blue/white.

2 hours ago, Mark1006 said:

I'm still not convinced the second Jedi alongside Ki-Adi Mundi is Barriss. The catalog from a while back showed her in the box art for the set but Coleman Trebor was in the feature image. Both were obviously preliminary though--not sure what the Brick Show saw. 

On the other hand, I'd love if the clones were regular Phase II instead of gunners; that would be much more appealing for army builders.