MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

6 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

I don't know if I actually would call that any news, it would have been something special if it would not show up worldwide eventually. What I know, so far, all promotional polybags always show up everywhere, just with a different timing. 

Let me clarify: all of the ones on eBay ATM are the US variant. If it's released anywhere else, it'll be following a US release.

10 hours ago, Bolingbroke said:

You know VAT is higher in Belgium than it is in France, don't you? And that invariably accounts for the price difference between countries, for eg ... the UCS MF and the difference in its price between Germany, France and the Benelux?

VAT in France = 20%; VAT in Belgium = 21%. I don't think it justifies a 16.66% increase from a €30 set to €35… or 6.25% increase from €800 to €850…

Actually, I should make another calculation:

If the UCS MF is sold in France for €800 including VAT, that means that its price before tax is €666.67, right?

According to your reasoning, I should use that amount as a reference price, so if I apply Belgian VAT to it, the price should be €806.67!

However, we all know that the MF actually retails for €850, which means that it cost €702.48 before tax.

Now, how can you explain a €35.81 difference on a before tax price?

Sorry for being off-topic… :cry_sad:

1 hour ago, essel said:

VAT in France = 20%; VAT in Belgium = 21%. I don't think it justifies a 16.66% increase from a €30 set to €35… or 6.25% increase from €800 to €850…

If the UCS MF is sold in France for €800 including VAT, that means that its price before tax is €666.67, right?

According to your reasoning, I should use that amount as a reference price, so if I apply Belgian VAT to it, the price should be €806.67!

However, we all know that the MF actually retails for €850, which means that it cost €702.48 before tax.

Because Belgium is on the dark side of the force and TLG on the mathematics.

Edited by G59

3 hours ago, essel said:

1 hour ago, G59 said:

Because Belgium is on the dark side of the force and TLG on the mathematics.

That is probably the best explanation you're going to get ?

2 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

That is probably the best explanation you're going to get ?

tumblr_ooo4ucroJH1v4w5ico1_500.gif

:laugh:

9 hours ago, eldiano said:

I just got the 30380 Kylo Ren's Shuttle Polybag out in Target, the all black and wings that finally open, it's more simplified than the grey polybag, but I love this one so much not going to lie!

any chance you can share the UPC from the back?

On 1/1/2018 at 4:51 PM, Borex said:

That's why i am afraid for the Jawa Sand Crawler. It probably is going to cost us 250$ by the way the prices are going nowadays

I really like the new Sandcrawler and, as many others here, I was greatly surprised. There are many sets now related to Tatooine, so it's a great time to collect them and for children to play with. The new one will reach more children, unless TLG wants to put another absurd price point on it. Let's hope this won't be the case.

Edited by dvogon

10 minutes ago, dvogon said:

I really like the new Sandcrawler and, as many others here, I was greatly surprised. There are many sets now related to Tatooine, so it's a great time to collect them and for children to play with. The new one will reach more children, unless TLG want to put another absurd price point on it. Let's hope this won't be the case.

I think it's a bit of a weird one, I can see it not selling well with kids. It made perfect sense for a UCS set largely aimed at adults and die hard fans. While I think most OT sets will do well with kids and new/more casual fans regardless of whether they're actually very familiar with the now 40 year old trilogy or not because of the frequency with which lot of the vehicles/characters and show up in new Star Wars media and the generally cool aesthetic a lot of the vehicles have, the Sandcrawler doesn't quite fit the bill. It's kind of just a big brown block on tracks, kind of obscure in the larger scheme of things and it's going to be pretty expensive so it's a set a kid would really have to want. I can't imagine a lot of kids will be looking to choose it over the AT-M6, The FO Star Destroyer, Krennic's shuttle or the new Millenium Falcon from Solo.

I feel like the sandcrawler is directed at people like me and my friends, that like obscure vehicles, but don't have the money for UCS sets.

33 minutes ago, Mark1006 said:

I think it's a bit of a weird one, I can see it not selling well with kids. It made perfect sense for a UCS set largely aimed at adults and die hard fans. While I think most OT sets will do well with kids and new/more casual fans regardless of whether they're actually very familiar with the now 40 year old trilogy or not because of the frequency with which lot of the vehicles/characters and show up in new Star Wars media and the generally cool aesthetic a lot of the vehicles have, the Sandcrawler doesn't quite fit the bill. It's kind of just a big brown block on tracks, kind of obscure in the larger scheme of things and it's going to be pretty expensive so it's a set a kid would really have to want. I can't imagine a lot of kids will be looking to choose it over the AT-M6, The FO Star Destroyer, Krennic's shuttle or the new Millenium Falcon from Solo.

Something like 18 years in and Lego continually release the most bizarre sets at terrifying prices...

...but it must be working. These ‘bizarre’ sets must translate to sales or we’d never have gotten this far. Can’t wait for the summer wave where it’s a mix of snowspeeders and vehicles only seen in deleted scenes available on the Japanese laserdisk version of Star Wars.

Since I have the UCS Sandcrawler, the new smaller model is of little interest to me personally, unless it comes with exclusive minifigs that actually appeared in the movie... I think at least one or two of the droids in the UCS set were just made up by LEGO, which could easily be the case again here. 

Strange as it may sound, I think part of the decision-making process for reissuing sets like the Sandcrawler and Landspeeder comes down to color. If you look at the sets released for The Last Jedi, they're pretty monochrome... lots and lots of gray and black. Seeing them all lined up on store shelves, the lack of color variety is not very inspiring. I think the preponderance of gray in the OT and ST Star Wars films is partly why we keep getting Jedi Starfighters and other sets from the prequels/Clone Wars, which were more colorful all around.  

7 hours ago, Tidy said:

any chance you can share the UPC from the back?

Got one as well. Quite a fan. :)

UPC should be 673419284547.

Edited by Azani

36 minutes ago, Azani said:

Got one as well. Quite a fan. :)

UPC should be 673419284547.

merci mon frere!

16 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Since I have the UCS Sandcrawler, the new smaller model is of little interest to me personally, unless it comes with exclusive minifigs that actually appeared in the movie... I think at least one or two of the droids in the UCS set were just made up by LEGO, which could easily be the case again here. 

The medical and protocol droids are from the films, albeit the medical one appeared first in ESB. The yellow astromech droid seems to be a placeholder like the one of the Tatooine battlepack, which was blue/gray before, but there is a yellow head & body astromech droid hanging around in Mos Eisley when the Stormtroopers stopped Luke and Obi Wan with the Landspeeder.

5a4caac51eaf2_yellowdroid(2).jpg.423ccf9fad375c008b492300fa4ff01f.jpg

Edited by dvogon
typo and clarification on the yellow droid

Not sure if this has been posted here: link removed

The store on ebay lists those as yet to be released 2018 items

Edited by MKJoshA
Don't post links to leaked photos.

15 hours ago, BrickShady said:

Not sure if this has been posted here:

The store on ebay lists those as yet to be released 2018 items

That R2-D2 makes perfect sense for inclusion in the Yoda’s Hut set. 

Oh!! R2 is all Dagobah-dirty with mud up his front panel printing. That is adorbable! :wub: That's very different. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.  

Giving us a muddy R2-D2 would be a major plus. If they have found out a good way to make a backpack for Luke to carry Yoda around i would be really happy, and it will probably turn this set into a must-have for me.

About backpacks, if the rumours are true about Cloud City, they also need to give us a Chewie that carries C-3PO around.

15 hours ago, BrickShady said:

Not sure if this has been posted here:

The gray head may go with the new X-Wing, as the leaked pic shows a gray R unit. The white R unit could go with the Sandcrawler if the one shown in the leaked pic is a placeholder. The muddy R2 unit is great, just another excuse to avoid missing Yoda's Hut set if it's real :wub: .  

If anyone was to manage to get an additional DJ polybag, I would very much like to purchase it off you, if willing to sell. 

These things never come to Australia ?

So someone over on reddit found the DJ poly at TRU in Georgia. Guess it’s not a lego store promo after all!

Are we still expecting Solo Star Wars brickheadz? Or is the unveiled brickheadz luke and Leia?

1 hour ago, namioik said:

Are we still expecting Solo Star Wars brickheadz? Or is the unveiled brickheadz luke and Leia?

The LEGO Catalog confirms the Solo Brickheadz (Coming in Mai with the other Solo Sets).

A new figure leaked on Instagram! I think it's a new Imperial trooper design from Solo, but I'm not sure. It looks great, though!

EDIT: it could also be a new Clone design, potentially from the new battle pack.

19 minutes ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

(Coming in Mai with the other Solo Sets)

The Solo sets release in April with the rest of the Solo merchandise. The movie itself releases in May.

Edited by Commodore Thrawn

Brickshow leaked some stuff this time about the solo sets. It’s the falcon during the Kessel Run. It looks like the falcon from the promo image we got a while back, we get the big 4 and several other minifigures, we also get a tie fighter, land Speeder, also a weird looking new animal. The new clone comes from the battle pack

Edited by Falconfan1414