MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

So guys, I'm a little confused to how many waves we are receiving in the 2018 line up.  Is it 3 small waves or 2 big waves? 

6 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

So guys, I'm a little confused to how many waves we are receiving in the 2018 line up.  Is it 3 small waves or 2 big waves? 

3 I am pretty sure 

49 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

I believe it's the three. We're currently in the midst of the usual Winter wave, the Solo sets are coming in April, and the usual Summer wave will follow.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but we will get a Yoda’s Hut in the summer. Not bad summer list so far considering how far the line has fallen. 

2 hours ago, Mark1006 said:

I believe it's the three. We're currently in the midst of the usual Winter wave, the Solo sets are coming in April, and the usual Summer wave will follow.

2 hours ago, awz50 said:

3 I am pretty sure 

Okay guys thank you!  Do we have a list of sets we are expecting to see then? 

The two movies close together will make 2018 a nightmare for set finding... especially if they do retailer exclusives with every wave.

The first order AT-ST is available at Argos in the UK (along with Ahch-to, sandSpeeder, Crait,  the battlepacks and microfighter 2 packs) however it has no image and is just named by its set number 

7 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but we will get a Yoda’s Hut in the summer. Not bad summer list so far considering how far the line has fallen. 

It's been mentioned as a Q2 April release. :)

4 hours ago, Darth Malgus said:

The two movies close together will make 2018 a nightmare for set finding... especially if they do retailer exclusives with every wave.

There won't be a stateside Solo retailer exclusive in April, unless it's 75203...

Edited by Azani

1 hour ago, Azani said:

It's been mentioned as a Q2 April release. :)

There won't be a stateside Solo retailer exclusive in April, unless it's 75203...

Hopefully that is true... just hoping that they can feed a few less exclusives in this coming year due to 2 movies 6 months apart...

9 hours ago, Whovastron said:

The first order AT-ST is available at Argos in the UK (along with Ahch-to, sandSpeeder, Crait,  the battlepacks and microfighter 2 packs) however it has no image and is just named by its set number 

Thanks for the heads up :) Will the AT-ST not be available through Lego SAH in the UK as well?

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Thanks for the heads up :) Will the AT-ST not be available through Lego SAH in the UK as well?

Yeah it will be. All exclusives in the uk are also available at SAH. Anyway it seems the set is also available at TRU so it might not be an exclusive 

4 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Yeah it will be. All exclusives in the uk are also available at SAH. Anyway it seems the set is also available at TRU so it might not be an exclusive 

Hhm that's weird; it is the only set from the new wave not showing on SAH. Oh well, I will be waiting a while for a discount anyway!

58 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Hhm that's weird; it is the only set from the new wave not showing on SAH. Oh well, I will be waiting a while for a discount anyway!

Considering it’s the only set without a full name or photo on Argos, it might just be a weird spoiler thing

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

Considering it’s the only set without a full name or photo on Argos, it might just be a weird spoiler thing

Yes I suppose it could be; who knows how Lego's mind works ;)

On 27/12/2017 at 3:07 PM, SgtKilr said:

Just saw the new atst in toysrus for £15 more than the imperial one was, absolutely ridiculous

Considering that it's only half an AT-ST, I got another two RO versions with discount (€32 each) to mod them as FO ones. The only interesting different piece is Rose's hair with the hat, Phasma is not that different and Finn is easy to replicate. I haven't seen the FO set yet here in Europe continent, let's see its price range...

Edited by dvogon

Thank you all very much for the info! :classic:

I'm really happy that after some years of stagnation 2018 will see some great OT stuff!

The Mos Eisley Cantina could - with a bit of modding - be well added to the version from 2014 in order to get a decent model.

The Tatooine BP looks great.

I'm surprised to see the Sandcrawler appearing as a regular set. For me a great thing since I don't already own one. And imo the exclusive versions were (apart from the high prices) for my taste to huge anyway.

So Cantina, Tatooine BP and Sandcrawler will go very well together!

And since I've got only one X-Wing, I'm even glad to see it returning. Perhaps a bit too big and massive, but let's see. Hopefully it'll include a completely new pilot and R-unit in addition to Luke and R2-D2.

So now I'm really curious about that rumored Cloud City.

5 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Thank you all very much for the info! :classic:

I'm really happy that after some years of stagnation 2018 will see some great OT stuff!

The Mos Eisley Cantina could - with a bit of modding - be well added to the version from 2014 in order to get a decent model.

The Tatooine BP looks great.

I'm surprised to see the Sandcrawler appearing as a regular set. For me a great thing since I don't already own one. And imo the exclusive versions were (apart from the high prices) for my taste to huge anyway.

So Cantina, Tatooine BP and Sandcrawler will go very well together!

And since I've got only one X-Wing, I'm even glad to see it returning. Perhaps a bit too big and massive, but let's see. Hopefully it'll include a completely new pilot and R-unit in addition to Luke and R2-D2.

So now I'm really curious about that rumored Cloud City.

where was the CC rumor?

2 hours ago, DEAD1974 said:

where was the CC rumor?

Don't get too excited yet. Most of the Lego Cloud City rumors I'm seeing online lately are coming from us, on this forum...  :wink: CONFIDENTIAL_DTC CC – LEGO® 75222 may be giving us false hope. I hope I'm wrong about all this... I want a new C(loud) C(ity) as much as the next AFOL. Really, CC could mean anything. We could be getting a 2000-piece bust of clone trooper Commander Cody for all we know... http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/CC-2224

Been following what passes for Solo film spoilers on a daily basis and

so far it doesn't appear that any scenes from Solo take place on Cloud City. Were there any, that would greatly increase the likelyhood (IMO) of a new Cloud City set being real.

Edited by darththeling
Solo spoiler

1 hour ago, darththeling said:

Don't get too excited yet. Most of the Lego Cloud City rumors I'm seeing online lately are coming from us, on this forum...  :wink: CONFIDENTIAL_DTC CC – LEGO® 75222 may be giving us false hope. I hope I'm wrong about all this... I want a new C(loud) C(ity) as much as the next AFOL. Really, CC could mean anything. We could be getting a 2000-piece bust of clone trooper Commander Cody for all we know... http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/CC-2224

Been following what passes for Solo film spoilers on a daily basis and

Reveal hidden contents

so far it doesn't appear that any scenes from Solo take place on Cloud City. Were there any, that would greatly increase the likelyhood (IMO) of a new Cloud City set being real.

I was just curious mate ... so I am waiting patiently

1 hour ago, Megaflora said:

Mario.power confirmed that "CC" is a Star Wars set at least.

He's guessing, just like the rest of us.

EDIT: That said, IMO, it's pretty safe to assume that 75222 is a SW set. My point was that I know for a fact that Mario doesn't have special info on the D2C set.

Edited by Azani