MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

Just now, fire117 said:

Why is the new Cantina set not available to buy in Smyths in Ireland as when I look up the new Star Wars Lego sets on that site. The Cantina set isn't showing up and that's the only set I want?

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/new-toys/lego-new-arrivals/c/new-lego-range?q=%3AieBestsellerRating%3Acategory%3ASM06010709&text=

I believe the Cantina is a Toys R Us / Lego Shop at Home exclusive :)

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

I believe the Cantina is a Toys R Us / Lego Shop at Home exclusive :)

That's a load of crap. I hate this exclusive bull. I don't shop online and there's no Toy R Us shops in Ireland. Lego sets shouldn't be exclusive to only some shops, they should available to buy in all shops. Otherwise what's the damn point!

How am I meant to get the set for my nephew's birthday than?

Just now, fire117 said:

That's a load of crap. I hate this exclusive bull. I don't shop online and there's no Toy R Us shops in Ireland. Lego sets shouldn't be exclusive to only some shops, they should available to buy in all shops. Otherwise what's the damn point!

Just order online..?

I think a company which produces toys can always decide which way they want to sell certain sets. From my point of view exclusives are a good move to get higher interest (and traffic and demand) for the chosen channel..

Just now, Sir von Lego said:

Just order online..?

I think a company which produces toys can always decide which way they want to sell certain sets. From my point of view exclusives are a good move to get higher interest (and traffic and demand) for the chosen channel..

Last time I ordered a product online. I ended up getting something else. And I was told, no refunds. So I won't be ordering online under any circumstances whatsoever.

What about the customer is always right. I'm a customer and I want All Lego sets available to buy everywhere, all this exclusive crap does is create bad feelings and it needs to end!

So it turns out we have seen Thandie Newton’s character from the solo sets. It was thought to be shuri from infinity war but Jason Ward on Twitter confirmed the minifigure to be Thandie Newton’s character 

14 minutes ago, fire117 said:

What about the customer is always right. 

Sorry about your past experience online but anyone who has ever worked retail knows that line is a load.

It is doubtful Lego is going to change their stance on exclusives so you might as well figure out how important those sets are to you. 

It is also crazy that Dublin doesn’t have a Lego store!

For the first time in a long time I found a LEGO Star Wars set on the shelfs that I have never heard about :rofl: . Probably because the legoleaks reddit hasn't been updated in a while. Any tips on new news spots?

Did anybody else not know about the destroyed AT-ST piloted by BB-8 already being sold?

Edited by Meatcan

22 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

Sorry about your past experience online but anyone who has ever worked retail knows that line is a load.

It is doubtful Lego is going to change their stance on exclusives so you might as well figure out how important those sets are to you. 

It is also crazy that Dublin doesn’t have a Lego store!

I done a business course in college, so I know that line the customer is always right is the truth and my older sister Anna worked in retail for a decade, she believes the customer is always right as well, as a happy customer is a loyal customer.

Well they should change this stance as it's a load of crap.

Now that you mention it, why doesn't Dublin have a Lego store yet. My older sister Anna think's it's deliberate to snub Ireland.

1 hour ago, fire117 said:

I done a business course in college, so I know that line the customer is always right is the truth and my older sister Anna worked in retail for a decade, she believes the customer is always right as well, as a happy customer is a loyal customer.

Well they should change this stance as it's a load of crap.

Now that you mention it, why doesn't Dublin have a Lego store yet. My older sister Anna think's it's deliberate to snub Ireland.

I have neither a Lego store or a Toys R Us within 100 miles of me so I have to order the exclusives online and I can happily say that whilst I will never order from Toys R Us again, I have always found my experience of ordering from Lego SAH to be positive. I would give them a chance; they have always sorted any problems swiftly and professionally if they have arisen.

Guys, please keep the conversation about the sets, not about Lego's store policies.

5 hours ago, fire117 said:

Unless you fancied driving up to Lisburn to get it from Toys R Us there then unfortunately not. It’s a pity there’s no Lego store in Dublin since I was looking to pick up the UCS Falcon for Christmas somewhere since it was out of stock (mind you it’s more expensive in Euro too).

I can’t wait to pick up the new X-wing, not too keen on the sandcrawler though.

5 minutes ago, LordLEGOtube said:

Unless you fancied driving up to Lisburn to get it from Toys R Us there then unfortunately not. It’s a pity there’s no Lego store in Dublin since I was looking to pick up the UCS Falcon for Christmas somewhere since it was out of stock (mind you it’s more expensive in Euro too).

I can’t wait to pick up the new X-wing, not too keen on the sandcrawler though.

I don't own a car.

I have an older brother goes to Glasgow a lot, could ask him to get the Cantina set for me next time he goes over there on a weekend trip and give him the money for the set.

5 hours ago, Meatcan said:

Did anybody else not know about the destroyed AT-ST piloted by BB-8 already being sold?

News on this has been out a couple of weeks, and the existence of the set has been known about for months - but there were absolutely no leaks on it and its sudden arrival on shelves did take everyone by surprise.

The higher res leak pic of the X-Wing looks pretty good. As someone who loves the design but not enough to ever own a model, this maybe what changes my mind.

That yellow droid in the Sandcrawler set. Anyone think it's the yellow R5 unit (R5-A4) that passes in front of the camera just before the 'these aren't the droids you're looking for' scene? The white and green R2 unit from the US Sandcrawler is from the same scene, but it was replaced with a Ronto in the newer editions.

27 minutes ago, Spongebob456 said:

Has the destroyed AT-ST set from The Last Jedi actually been 'officially' revealed yet?

Yes, of course)

Put into google "lego 75201" and you'll find a lot of offers)

42 minutes ago, Spongebob456 said:

Has the destroyed AT-ST set from The Last Jedi actually been 'officially' revealed yet?

They're available in stores everywhere and there are reviews for it as well

4 hours ago, Seaber said:

That yellow droid in the Sandcrawler set. Anyone think it's the yellow R5 unit (R5-A4) that passes in front of the camera just before the 'these aren't the droids you're looking for' scene? The white and green R2 unit from the US Sandcrawler is from the same scene, but it was replaced with a Ronto in the newer editions.

Unless it's a stand-in, R5-A2 is more bright orange than yellow. Full orange head and orange panel markings. This Droid has a yellow body and white head. 

I was hoping the same thing.