MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

(Any hints on where the better quality x wing pics can be found. ) - found em. It's be typical if we got an official Biggs now ad I've just bought a custom head and helmet!

Also, anyone else think it would have been more appropriate to get these sets this year (2017) as part of the 40th anniversary?

Edited by Richpepperell
Found em

58 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

(Any hints on where the better quality x wing pics can be found. ) - found em. It's be typical if we got an official Biggs now ad I've just bought a custom head and helmet!

Also, anyone else think it would have been more appropriate to get these sets this year (2017) as part of the 40th anniversary?

We'll consider them part of the 41st anniversary, which is one more than 40.

10 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Sandcrawler: The usual droids, Jawas, and Luke, but this may be a chance to finally include Aunt Beru!

I would have to admit this is the closest chance we could reasonably have to getting an Aunt Beru.  She is quite the homebody in the movies and you have to wonder if she has ever left the homestead since the prequels.  They will probably never make the Lars Homestead because (1) most of the structure is actually below ground.  The part we see above ground is mainly the entrance and (2) not a whole lot of action happens there-just ask Luke.  The most action that ever happened there was actually offscreen and I do not think Lego wants to reenact what happened between the stormtroopers, Uncle Owen, and Aunt Beru.  It is definitely going to be difficult to get her in a set.  Actually, I just felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if she showed up at San Diego Comic Con and thousands of OT completionists cried out in terror :devil:

Excited for that X-Wing.

Like others, hoping that one of those confidential ones is Snoke's Throne Room

Would also love to see one of them being related to the final season of Rebels, i.e. a new Ghost

The X-Wing looks really nice! and the Sandcrawler is cute :P

12 minutes ago, BrickLord123 said:

Can anyone give me a hint as to where these pictures are? 

reddit.. lego..

With all the new sets being leaked, what happened to the Clone Trooper and Jedi Battle Pack? Wasn't it supposed to be released with the currently leaking sets? Why is Yoda's hut being shown but not the battle pack?

Just now, benderisgreat said:

Finally a new Anakin minifigure with a starfighter! Hopefully it's an Ep 3 version as it's beeen too long since we've gotten that minifigure.

From the pic it does look like his episode II hair :sceptic:

Looking forward to the new classic X-Wing. This new one looks much improved over the previous version with the new cockpit piece, more detailed wings and R2 facing in the right direction. I'm assuming the second pilot will be Biggs Darklighter given his astromech was leaked on Instagram a couple weeks back, which is great finally having a flesh skinned update after all these years.

Easy pass on the Sandcrawler. Its a nice cheap option for those who don't have one yet but there's no way it can match the UCS version. Will be interesting to see what the new droids are. I'm guessing the protocol droid will be the same (or similar) gray RA-7 from the Yoda Chronicles set but I'd love to see a CZ series droid.

The Jedi Starfighter looks to be a similar build the last couple that have come out. The new design is much sleeker than the original but it does seem a bit oversized for my liking. Don't really have a preference on the Anakin minifigure. His Clone Wars costume could use a redesign with back and leg printing, but an AOTC version would be welcome if it means finally getting a padawan hairpiece.

Bit disappointed the 501st Clone Trooper and AT-RT is a buildable figure rather than a battlepack.

40 minutes ago, Infinite Bricks said:

With all the new sets being leaked, what happened to the Clone Trooper and Jedi Battle Pack? Wasn't it supposed to be released with the currently leaking sets? Why is Yoda's hut being shown but not the battle pack?

Yes, that set will still release, also in april, but a picture of that one leaked quite a while ago already.

1 hour ago, BrickLord123 said:

Can anyone give me a hint as to where these pictures are? 

Look for a place that is both Rebellious and Scummy.

instagram has a leak of the 501st Clone Trooper and AT-RT

btw the new X-wing... is it from the new Solo movie or really from the OT? I'm really looking forward to this.

1 hour ago, brimbolet said:

instagram has a leak of the 501st Clone Trooper and AT-RT

btw the new X-wing... is it from the new Solo movie or really from the OT? I'm really looking forward to this.

Where on instagram?

10 hours ago, getbusybrickin said:

The U.S.

go to your local toys r us ... they have ALL the sets, and have for over a week.

unfortunately they pulled them from their website ...

13 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Where on instagram?

just search the hashtag #legoleaks [hell, just follow that hashtag and set to allow notifications, and never miss a thing] ... but it is the same low res image as before only cropped in ... nothing earth shattering, little/no detail placeholder images. 

It appears the astromech in the X wing finally sits the correct way. This looks like it could be the best system scale X wing to date even just by looking at the crappy picture.

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

go to your local toys r us ... they have ALL the sets, and have for over a week.

unfortunately they pulled them from their website ...

Depends where you are. Nowhere to be found in a couple of SoCal stores (Fullerton area) that I searched.

Picked up all of the sets including half an AT-ST :( from my local TRU yesterday, now just need some time...

Do we know if the Han Solo sets will be included in the summer wave or if they'll be their own wave?

Also the 501st buildable figure is encouraging, maybe we'll actually get that 501st battlepack some day...

14 minutes ago, Mark1006 said:

Do we know if the Han Solo sets will be included in the summer wave or if they'll be their own wave?

Also the 501st buildable figure is encouraging, maybe we'll actually get that 501st battlepack some day...

Han Solo sets are scheduled to release on the 20th of april, next to that there's a januari wave without solo sets, and the august wave may include more Solo sets.

Huh, as excited as I am that we are getting a new X-wing, I've got some serious reservations about it. It's great that they're finally modeling the correct sized engines and have the astromech in the correct seating position, but it just seems a little chubby around the astromech port. Also, I find it odd that they copied the same construction from the recent T70s for the laser canons as well as the forward fuselage. There's a lot of excellent new parts that have come out in the last few years that could achieve better shaping for the nose and fuselage and I find it somewhat strange that the designer didn't use them. I'm curious to see more of it at Toyfair and better assess it in hand when I buy one, or two, or more haha. 

The new sand crawler is pretty great. Ironically I was looking for a UCS one last week. Now the battle pack makes sense with the Jawas. 

The 501st construction figure with AT RT is really a neat inclusion. I didn't see that coming. What's the expected price on that? I'm thinking $80-100 USD? 

Also, are the sets coming out in August? That's what the catalogue states, but I remember last years summer wave came out around May - June in the US.

So does this mean the Solo sets won't have new box art? The summer sets just use the TLJ box design, so are they just using that design for Solo? Or are they only using new art for the April wave, then reverting back to the TLJ art for the summer?