MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

Wow a glorious OT X-wing with finally a nice color scheme :wub: :wub: :wub:

Looks like it's coming with 2 astro mechs and two pilots. 

Finally gonna be able to complete my updated rebel ship collection.

11 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

What's the deal with the Bobs minifigures with the dual molded arm on the same Instagram account? Could it be we're finally getting dual molded in star wars!

i giggled at this because all i could think was my dad saying 'bob's your uncle.'

but i'm hopeful that it truly is a dual mold!!!

It was time that we get a new Anakin minifig and starfighter after 5 years. Unfortunatley it is probably the same ugly build we had with the Obi Wan Starfighter. But I hope it will be an TCW Anakin(without cartoon-face) and not an AOTC one.

Edited by mon-o-mat

9 minutes ago, Tidy said:

i giggled at this because all i could think was my dad saying 'bob's your uncle.'

but i'm hopeful that it truly is a dual mold!!!

Curse you autocorrect. 

A lot of repeats, but at least they're redesigns of sets that have been out of print for quite a while - apart from the Sandcrawler that is :wink: Minifig-wise, those two new Astromechs (a yellow and a red one) look quite interesting. All in all, nothing too spectacular, but there are still four sets left to be revealed. Personally, I hope these are all based on TLJ and hopefully include some Praetorian Guards and Canto Bight- related stuff (Fathiers and police speeders anyone?)

The x-wing sounds fine since there are space for improvements since the 2012 version and a x-wing is something people can have more than one of. But I would really have preffered something else over the sandcrawler. I wish TLG reducerade their update of already existing OT and PT sets and actually Madrid more new stuff

I'm really excited by the prospect of a constraction 501st trooper and AT-RT! That'd be an absolute must-have for me, I love the gen2 clones and the AT-RT walkers. Anakin's Jedi Starfighter from the Clone Wars is a surprise but it looks decent. I never got the first one so I might pick this up though I'm a far bigger fan of the ETA-2 Jedi Interceptor. If we are also getting a constraction Super Battledroid and that'll be pretty nice too. A decent amount of Clone Wars era stuff coming out next year, it makes me very happy.

thanks for the info about new sets and pictures ... so mostly nothing new only recycling the old sets ... is that an eternal matrix ??? There are tons of undone things from SW universe and we are still getting the redone models ...

I'm quite thrilled to see an OT X-wing and Sandcrawler coming next year. I'm sold.

As for the four "confidential" placeholders in the set list, I'm thinking they will be TLJ or Solo sets.

Looks like these pictures have been taken with an improved NOKIA 3310 WTF !

Edited by G59

2 hours ago, Knight of Ren said:

Regarding the advent calendar 

Reveal hidden contents

I understand these are prelims, but it appears there's a Jyn Erso and a Gauvian. 

There's no Jyn Erso in that advent calendar... at least I can't see one at all

And better image of DJ:

(already on the Lego calendar so think it's safe to post it here)

3i2k1mbuoj501.png

Edited by TWP

36 minutes ago, G59 said:

Looks like these pictures have been taken with an improved NOKIA 3310 WTF !

It’s deliberate, Lego leaks this stuff to gauge interest. The ‘poor quality’ is to keep Lepin from then making the set before the release date.

Anyway, DJ figure looks great. Can’t say a new sandcrawler interests me, the UCS one kinda nailed that set and you’re not going to improve on that with a smaller build.

Edited by DrasticPlastic

18 minutes ago, DrasticPlastic said:

It’s deliberate, Lego leaks this stuff to gauge interest. The ‘poor quality’ is to keep Lepin from then making the set before the release date.

Nuh uh. They’re preliminary images, but they’re perfectly clear as they are printed in the catalogue and there’s a feasible amount of detail in the photos. The only reason it would look "poor quality" is because the photo of the catalogue is being compressed.

28 minutes ago, DrasticPlastic said:

Can’t say a new sandcrawler interests me, the UCS one kinda nailed that set and you’re not going to improve on that with a smaller build.

Well, there are those (me included) who wouldn't / couldn't shell out the money for a big UCS set and gonna be quite happy with an affordable smaller version of the Sandcrawler.

For my part I am quite exited!

Bigger images were revealed for the X-Wing and Sandcrawler. That X-Wing is a big improvement to the 2012 rendition. And from the colour of the Droid, it looks like we are getting Biggs Darklighter and R2-Q2 with R2 and Luke. Not surprising and not bad. 

Also looks like we are getting an R5 astromech and RA-4 protocol Droid with the Sandcrawler. I'm glad Lego doesn't appear to be including R2 and 3P0, especially since R2 will be in three other confirmed sets this year.

3 minutes ago, Brickweiser said:

Bigger images were revealed for the X-Wing and Sandcrawler. That X-Wing is a big improvement to the 2012 rendition. And from the colour of the Droid, it looks like we are getting Biggs Darklighter and R2-Q2 with R2 and Luke. Not surprising and not bad. 

Also looks like we are getting an R5 astromech and RA-4 protocol Droid with the Sandcrawler. I'm glad Lego doesn't appear to be including R2 and 3P0, especially since R2 will be in three other confirmed sets this year.

Not to mention that R2 now sits correctly facing forward rather than at 90°! Something strangely changed in the 2012 rendition (and in the RO Y-wing?).

Looking at the pics, it seems that the X Wing's wings will finally close up properly. Also the guns do not have the 2x2 dishes at the end like the 2012 version.

That X-Wing is certainly very accurate. I've had my 2012 version half assembled for some time, hoping for another. Getting so much closer to a full Red Squadron.