MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

New X-wing! I love my 2012 one but a new one is definately due, considering the improvements that made the TFA X-Wings look so sleek. Can’t wait to get this. Hopefully this means a TIE may be coming too

The new X-wing looks good.
I forwarded a bunch of prelim images/set info to another member on here, I reckon he'll give you some more info on the sets that aren't confidential still when he has time to post it.

X-wing seems to be a good set, of what I can see the proportions are a lot better as well!

That sandcrawler surprises me, it seems smaller then the UCS, but seems sized and priced at 150 euro set, I wonder if it will do well as a regular non-UCS set.

System scale jawa sandcrawler?

[Emperor]Gooooooood. Goooooooooood![/Emperor] 

This is something I've felt we've needed forever - a Sandcrawler that's at a reasonable price point and isn't oversized. Wonder if they will be using plates for the sloped areas like the most recent crawler or using bricks like the first crawler. Can't wait for us to uncover an image for that one. 

Wondering now if that X-Wing will have any connection to the Yoda's hut kit coming out in the same wave? 

There also seems to be a constraction 501dt Clone Trooper with AT-RT! Now that is the top of my most wanted list! I am still desperate for the Scout Trooper and Speeder bike, but this just beats it by a mile. I had the original AT-RT system set when I was little and adored it so this is a dream come true

The sandcrawler image is out there. Try poking around Instagram as it was posted less than an hour ago.

It looks EXCELLENT!!! Between $50-100USD would be my guess. As for height, looks maybe x4 the height of one minifig. Taking a wild guess with the stud length overall: 50? There is a loading ramp that comes down. That looks like 4 studs at the top, 6 at the bottom. Won't be the most spacious of sandcrawlers.  Luke, maybe 3 jawas included. So blurry it's hard to make out. Some droids of course. The Last Jedi packaging and a dark blue sky in the background. An array of 1x2 yellow slope pieces make up the "cockpit/bridge" 

I love this! It's a Christmas miracle. :wub::wub: This is a first day purchase and I commend TLG for doing something so iconic at a smaller scale.

and now the tatooine battle pack makes all the sense in the world ...

Yussss! Bring on the original trilogy sets!

I hope sandcrawler has good figs (looks like there are quite a few) and isn't ridiculously small.

Just now, Knight of Ren said:

This wave sounds rather promising. Where can one not find these images?

You know mariopower_56 on Instagram? I would avoid the images he posts entirely. ;)  Just saw the advent calendar and Anakin's Jedi starfighter, too. Good hunting.

Just now, Terrasher said:

Yussss! Bring on the original trilogy sets!

I hope sandcrawler has good figs (looks like there are quite a few) and isn't ridiculously small.

looks like luke, 2 jawas, and 2-3 droids ... 

Wow! I've been waiting for the OT X-Wing to get an upgrade and here it is! Sandcrawler is pretty neat as well. Plus, the Starfighter looks great, and I can finally get Ani from E2. Advent calendar looks nice as well, noting that Guarvian soldier..

So pumped Lego is doing some OT and Prequel sets, especially Clone Wars! I was nervous it was just gonna be Han Solo and Last Jedi this year! They have a lot of potential to do some good things, I really hope they include some figures we havent gotten in a long time also. Hopefully they do something like this:

Anakin's Starfighter: Anakin, Ahsoka, R2D2

X Wing: Luke, R2D2, Wedge or Biggs, Leia or Dodonna

Sandcrawler: The usual droids, Jawas, and Luke, but this may be a chance to finally include Aunt Beru!

Solo Millennium Falcon: Would be awesome with a new Han, Lando, and Chewie

And one of those confidential sets BETTER be Snoke's Throne Room with an updated Snoke figure (taller, maybe a head mold) because the last was garbage

Just now, GryffindorResistance said:

So pumped Lego is doing some OT and Prequel sets, especially Clone Wars! I was nervous it was just gonna be Han Solo and Last Jedi this year! They have a lot of potential to do some good things, I really hope they include some figures we havent gotten in a long time also. Hopefully they do something like this:

Sandcrawler: The usual droids, Jawas, and Luke, but this may be a chance to finally include Aunt Beru!

And one of those confidential sets BETTER be Snoke's Throne Room with an updated Snoke figure (taller, maybe a head mold) because the last was garbage

Anakin's starfighter includes just 2 minifigs, Anakin and R2-D2

X-wing 2x astromech, 2x pilot

Sandcrawler 2x jawa,3x droid, luke

Chewie does not change for 2018 I think

X-Wing - Luke/Biggs/Wedge/Gold Leader and respective droids? Would love to replace Luke in that list with Dodonna though.

Samdcrawler - I hope I don't regret buying the UCS now, I felt it would be unique for years and this one looks much more like my scale. Hopefully a CZ series druid or Aunt Beru.

Been too long since we've have 501St, hopefully more on the way :)

Looks like a GOOD wave!

Edited by Seaber

22 minutes ago, PicnicBasketSam said:

Where do I find these X-Wing and Sandcrawler pictures?

Reddit/lego

There is also a picture of a new super battle droid constraction figure.

There is already a leaked pic of the 2018 advendt calendar on reddit *huh* (posted by the same guy who posted anakins starfighter)

Edited by Praetorian_Guard

YES!  New OT/Rogue One X-Wing!  This has been my most wanted set for the past two years!  I bought a used 9493 on eBay for a good price two summers ago, but it's very poor compared to the newer Resistance models.  Bring on Red Leader!  :thumbup:  (Just to clarify, that's a hope, not a fact, as of yet).

Jawas, Sandcrawler, Cantina, Dagobah, X-Wing, rumored Cloud City and UCS Y-Wing???  This could be the best year for OT fans in a long time.

EDIT: @Seaber, I hope you're right about Red Leader!  TLG does know what AFOLs want, so I'm optimistic.  :sweet:

Edited by RogueTwo

3 minutes ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

There is already a leaked pic of the 2018 advendt calendar on reddit *huh* (posted by the same guy who posted anakins starfighter)

It seems that we´ll also get Antoc Merrick(blue squadron leader in rogue one) and an AT-ACT in the advendt calendar. Maybe that´s a hint for new RO sets in 2018.

Summer sets 2018:

75213 Advent Calendar

75214 Anakin's Jedi Starfighter

75215 Confidential

75216 Confidential

75217 Confidential

75218 OT X-wing Starfighter

75219 Confidential

75220 Sandcrawler

75539 501st Legion Clone Trooper & AT-RT Walker

75538 Super Battle Droid

1 hour ago, GryffindorResistance said:

I completely agree. I really want that Throne Room scene made into a set with at least four Praetorian Guards, Snoke, Kylo Ren, and Rey. That would be incredibly perfect.