MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

The fact that the First Order AT-ST costs the same as the Rogue One AT-ST despite being literally half of the previously existing set- the leg builds are exactly the same, look at them- is absolutely absurd and possibly the dumbest LEGO decision I have ever come across.

I saw JANG's review of Defense of Crait, that looks like a great set but it's too expensive by about $15 and it really needs a little display stand for the speeder so the ski can come down. It really does look better with that deployed.

The reason the FO AT-ST set is more expensive is because it contains 4 important characters, instead of Baze and 2 random army builders.

Is this the weakest January wave? That AT-ST is laughable.

Every year I’ve spent a fortune on lego, now I find myself scratching around for something that seems worth the money.

I think the dumbest thing about the FO AT-ST is that its going to be on shelves next to a whole AT-ST, for the same price.

The First Order ATST has such great figures, just wish the build worked also. They should just take the Rogue One ATST off shelves and made way for the new one; if people wanted the 2016 one, they should've got it already since its been out for a year and a half!

Really hope we see Snokes Throne Room sometime with Kylo, Rey, an updated Snoke, and 2 Praetorians, maybe the summer release if the Solo movie is pushed back.

Hopefully they also make room for other Last Jedi sea so we can have DJ, Leia, and maybe some vulptexes 

They will obviously do a Praetorians set. The reason it isn't here on the shelves right now is because its a huge spoiler. BB8 driving an AT-ST isn't one.

Small TLJ spoiler to do with the AT-ST:

Spoiler

Really missed an opportunity for the AT-ST to just have an action feature that just pops the top off. That way you get a cool FO military vehicle and you get to reenact that specific scene.

Anyway, all I'm really hoping for now out of TLJ is a blue leader A-Wing, Luke in his other outfits and maybe the luxury ship from Canto Bight.

Edited by Mark1006

21 hours ago, Azani said:

No offense (you'd usually be right on point with this) but have you seen the film?

Yes. Why?

See Mark1006s spoiler comment above. This is the missed opportunity I was thinking...

Edited by thorin

Does anyone have a concept art picture of the Heavy Scout Walker from The Art of The Last Jedi? I heard it existed and I’m really curious what Lego based their set on.

Though it didn’t appear in the movie, it was presumably mentioned in a canon source, dubbed the AT-HS.

I agree with the disappointment with the FO AT-ST set. I will be curious as to how it well sell. Also does this mean the Rogue one AT-ST is retiring now? 
Blue A wing would very cool to pair up with the resistance X-wings

Anyone else expects to see The Raddus as a summer wave set? This would be a perfect way to include new Leia and some secondary characters from the movie! 

And I completely agree with that Snoke Throne room set. Although I have to admit I have doubts if Lego will make it considering it's so simple and plain. But if they do Snoke, Rey, Kylo and Pretorian guards should all be included. We'll just have to wait until NYTF to see if it will get made.

Just wondering... I have the new TLJ visual dictionary and I noticed the FO walker driver is not shown in it. A quick google reveals a total of zero images of the driver except for the Lego minifigure. I also don’t recall seeing them in the movie. Again, is this a case of Lego working off concept art or has anyone seen a non-Lego version?

3 hours ago, JekPorkchops said:

Does anyone have a concept art picture of the Heavy Scout Walker from The Art of The Last Jedi? I heard it existed and I’m really curious what Lego based their set on.

Though it didn’t appear in the movie, it was presumably mentioned in a canon source, dubbed the AT-HS.

It looks a bit like the AT-HH, maybe it was based on a preliminary image of that?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-JediTM-Incredible-Cross-Sections/dp/0241281075

There is a cross section image on Amazon.

There is potential on some cool sets in the next wave

A rebel blue leader (can't remember her name) A wing

Snokes throne room is a cert, I just hope they do it justice and I'd pay more for more guards 

A dreadnaught! Though it would be better as UCS

A Canto Bight playset would be a more memorable one for Finn and Rose and make up for that AT ST

Edited by shotgunmcos
Perhaps spoiler. Don't know how to do hidden contents

3 minutes ago, shotgunmcos said:

Ther

Spoiler

BTW - anyone notice the MF losing it's antenna again in the Crait caves?! I wonder what will be it's replacement..

Pretty sure it's considered as a spoiler...not a major one but still...

Spoiler

Maybe this time it will be replaced with a triangular antenna! And the next UCS in 5 years (you know the 15000-piece 1500$ one can come with 3 antennas.

I think the dreadnought is a pretty dull design, but should be easy to recreate in LEGO.

Canto bight is similar to the Cantina in that the chances of an official set doing the original any justice are next to nothing, but I'd bet it will be released at some point.

£45 for the Mos Eisley set? £35 for the new Darth Vader?!

Good grief, it’s like Lego knows the sets will be 25% off at Amazon so doesn’t think the RRP matters.

Edited by DrasticPlastic

42 minutes ago, brobert said:

Pretty sure it's considered as a spoiler...not a major one but still...

Reveal hidden contents

Maybe this time it will be replaced with a triangular antenna! And the next UCS in 5 years (you know the 15000-piece 1500$ one can come with 3 antennas.

Cheers don't know yet how to hide contents. Removed from my post. 

Just now, GryffindorResistance said:

What do you guys think will happen with the sets if they push the Solo movie to December? I really hope they make some more Last Jedi sets for the summer wave.

They won't. 2 weeks ago a teaser poster appeared: May 25, 2018.

3 minutes ago, GryffindorResistance said:

What do you guys think will happen with the sets if they push the Solo movie to December? I really hope they make some more Last Jedi sets for the summer wave.

I hope they will not do no more Last Jedi sets in upcoming 5 years

If TFA sets were a sign of what we can expect, there will be two mini small waves, however the Han Solo movie might mean one of these waves delayed/cancelled.

TFA also had four polybags.

No idea if well see the same for TLJ, but I'd bet there will be at least one more mini waves and polybags for May 4th/force Friday.

I have two Ach-To sets on the way to make a whole hut. Will make a fair bit of money back from the extra Luke and Rey figs. Like the set, even if it's a bit overpriced!