MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

Just now, Forresto said:

The First Orderr AT-ST is a joke. It better be cheaper then the R1 version.

How can you sell an incomplete set? Especially when there was plenty of material in TLJ to make a set.

$39.99 .........................

both the jawas in the battlepack are new prints ... so. that’s nice. 

56 minutes ago, Tidy said:

$39.99 .........................

For the first time i'm actually irritated and frustrated at TLJ. $40 for an incomplete set? Shameful, absolutely and utterly shameful.

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

i find the grievous set particularly egregious at nearly 20 cents pp ... i know it is because of the 2 minifigs, but still that is ridiculous. 

Yep, it costs more than the Republic Fighter Tank, which has much more to it. This is clearly a set that is sold for the minifigs and not as a great set.

Bit disappointed the FO AT-ST wasn’t a full set (the head was the only cool/New part of it in the movie) and they could have fit in a play feature where the “head” is removed. I’d pay $50 for that.

Quite annoying with the FO AT-ST. From playing Battlefront, the design is really cool and meaner looming than the original (same with the AT-AT) So it’s a shame that this is incomplete, especially as that one is complete at the beginning of the scene.

Lego Shop has 360 degree spin videos up... Defense of Crait and Achto sets look awesome. Must buys for me. Designers did a good job on that Crait speeder...

Just seen 75201 FO AT-ST... What on earth were they thinking? Certainly have a full model with a removable head but that just looks awful - it's just a pair of legs!

On a related note, I saw some images from the TLJ concept art book and the FO scout speeder looks like another victim of a change of design late in production. 

1 hour ago, Evolved Turtle said:

I would much rather prefer a complete head and nothing else over that weird lift Rose is standing on.

I don’t get it either... why do they always feel the need to leave out key elements and then add in these piece-wasting side builds.

Add the removable head, delete the random lift platform. Average set becomes a great set. Ta-Da!

I see why we have not seen an official image of 75201 FO AT-ST..

Because it is SPOILER.

I will not even talk about it.

1 hour ago, thorin said:

I don’t get it either... why do they always feel the need to leave out key elements and then add in these piece-wasting side builds.

No offense (you'd usually be right on point with this) but have you seen the film?

Perhaps Lego designers thought that this was some sort of cool (especially with BB8 ridding it) new FO scout walker type of thing when they where first sent preliminaries from the movie...another case of Kylo Ren's command shuttle 

Edited by madroskylo77

Jangbricks just reviewed both Ach-To and Battle of Crait. Both look like great sets but I agree with his points. They're both overpriced, especially the Crait set. The Skip Speeder is frankly way too big even though it looks great, put it next to the AT-M6 and it'll look pretty bad, the other builds in the set will work in scale though imo. I'll probably give in and get Ach-To right away but I will absolutely wait for a big sale before I consider the Crait set.

I really hope the FO AT-ST reappears in ep9 so we can get a proper build of one, what a waste... Honestly of the entire line of TLJ sets that one is the biggest disappointment. Even if it doesn't appear in the sequel I think there's at least a chance we might get one in the future, heck I guarantee we'll get a set in a later wave featuring Canto Bight and likely get a build of those horse creatures using the leg pieces from the Luggabeast.

Edit: I just remembered the AT-ST is not the only big disappointment of TLJ wave, I completely forgot about the Scout Walker, don't even get me started on that mess, especially after seeing the movie.

Edited by ToaDraco

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

Jangbricks just reviewed both Ach-To and Battle of Crait. Both look like great sets but I agree with his points. They're both overpriced, especially the Crait set. The Skip Speeder is frankly way too big even though it looks great, put it next to the AT-M6 and it'll look pretty bad, the other builds in the set will work in scale though imo. I'll probably give in and get Ach-To right away but I will absolutely wait for a big sale before I consider the Crait set.

I really hope the FO AT-ST reappears in ep9 so we can get a proper build of one, what a waste... Honestly of the entire line of TLJ sets that one is the biggest disappointment. Even if it doesn't appear in the sequel I think there's at least a chance we might get one in the future, heck I guarantee we'll get a set in a later wave featuring Canto Bight and likely get a build of those horse creatures using the leg pieces from the Luggabeast.

Edit: I just remembered the AT-ST is not the only big disappointment of TLJ wave, I completely forgot about the Scout Walker, don't even get me started on that mess, especially after seeing the movie.

Can't agree more.

I have not seen the movie yet, but the line-up is not near as good as Ep 7 or Rouge one.

Most sets are either too small (FO heavy walker, shuttle pod, luke's island hut, cantina) or too big (kylo ren's starfighter, crait skimmer) or too lazy (AT ST,  scout walker)

Best set for me is the sandspeeder and that's not even from this movie. 

As for the good, movie sets are remade every 4-5 years, so we'll get better versions in this lifetime :)

Edited by firefox

Personally, having now watched the movie I've got a new appreciation for how well Lego has covered the film, especially considering they were undoubtedly working of prelim pics and didn't have the knowledge of how things all fit together cohesively. 

For me, the problem with this wave of sets is purely the price. The piece counts of Yoda's Starfighter and the Republic Fighter Tank are no less than either Ahch-To Training or Grievous' Speeder and yet the price of the latter in the UK has jumped up £6, which is a lot on what would have been previously £20 sets. I think it is this which is perhaps causing animosity towards the new wave because whilst the sets do represent the new movie well, they don't necessarily represent value for money.

2 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

For me, the problem with this wave of sets is purely the price. The piece counts of Yoda's Starfighter and the Republic Fighter Tank are no less than either Ahch-To Training or Grievous' Speeder and yet the price of the latter in the UK has jumped up £6, which is a lot on what would have been previously £20 sets. I think it is this which is perhaps causing animosity towards the new wave because whilst the sets do represent the new movie well, they don't necessarily represent value for money.

I totally agree; the UK RRP of most recent sets is rapidly approaching ridiculous especially when you compare it to other countries.  I'm not sure if it's due to the exchange rate or just an attempt to maximise TLG's profits....  The simple answer is to wait patiently for the inevitable discounts; for example 75176 has already been on sale at 50% off in the last few weeks, and they're currently available at 60% off if you buy in multiples!!  Most non-UCS/exclusive SW sets tend to be available at 30-40% off at some point in their lifecycle, you just need to keep an eye on Amazon etc.  I was going to buy the new Mos Eisley Cantina (75205) as soon as it was available, but after I'd realised that the RRP is £44.99 I've decided to wait.....! :hmpf_bad:

On 16 december 2017 at 3:46 PM, Lobot said:

The RRP of Mos Eisley is very disappointing - it's $39.99 in the US (e.g. £26.27!!).  Allowing for VAT @ 20% it should be around £35.... :look: 

And, @PickleManDan - you're correct about the table lamp - the reverse of the box shows that it's glow-in-the-dark, which is a nice touch.

in Sweden, the Cantina will be 599 sek, equal to 60 euros. They more and more force people to wait some time for sale and second hand market

1 hour ago, The Missing Number said:

Not sure if it’s real but YouTube user BrickApocolypse has posted a review of the FO AT-ST on his channel

Probably is real, they’re popping up at TRU

3 hours ago, The Missing Number said:

Not sure if it’s real but YouTube user BrickApocolypse has posted a review of the FO AT-ST on his channel

His AchTo Island review is epic.