MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

5 hours ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

Just saw the Cantina photo and my immediate reaction was disappointment.  First, there is some vehicle I have never seen before, or at least do not remember seeing it. It seems to take a significant piece count from the set to build it, so less actual cantina.   The sandtrooper is nice, but Wuher is the only figure really new here.  It simply does not look like a $40 set.  Even with the Disney/Star Wars factor, I just do not understand how they came up with the pricing.  It is by and large inferior to the previous Cantina.  The photo made me consider buying it, if only to expand the far better one that I thankfully have.  I figured the extra sandtrooper and Wuher would be good as well as enlarging the cantina.   Then, I saw the price and changed my mind very quickly.  This is not the first time in recent years that a remake has been inferior to an earlier release.  They did the same thing with the Desert Skiff.  We lost  Luke and Lando, both vital to the scene, and instead got Chewie, who is in several other sets.  I dont know if it is just my imagination, but a lot of sets just seem lazy and dumbed down lately.  Good thing is that it saves me money.  

I have exact opposite of your reaction. I was very excited because we are finally getting an official Wuher minifigure and the speeder is not just random speeder that you didn't see. 

You see it lazy and dumbed down maybe because you already owned something similar and spending more on this set does not serve any purpose to you  -- this is okay, but do not dismiss that there are people who does not buy every single Star Wars set and pick only the kind that fits their taste. This set fits my taste and I will buy it.

I built my own Cantina MOC and I still look forward to this set. 

Cheers!

7 hours ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

Just saw the Cantina photo and my immediate reaction was disappointment.  First, there is some vehicle I have never seen before, or at least do not remember seeing it. It seems to take a significant piece count from the set to build it, so less actual cantina.   The sandtrooper is nice, but Wuher is the only figure really new here.  It simply does not look like a $40 set.  Even with the Disney/Star Wars factor, I just do not understand how they came up with the pricing.  It is by and large inferior to the previous Cantina.  The photo made me consider buying it, if only to expand the far better one that I thankfully have.  I figured the extra sandtrooper and Wuher would be good as well as enlarging the cantina.   Then, I saw the price and changed my mind very quickly.  This is not the first time in recent years that a remake has been inferior to an earlier release.  They did the same thing with the Desert Skiff.  We lost  Luke and Lando, both vital to the scene, and instead got Chewie, who is in several other sets.  I dont know if it is just my imagination, but a lot of sets just seem lazy and dumbed down lately.  Good thing is that it saves me money.  

I know its not as great as the old Cantina but, for the piece count I think they did what they could while putting a new spin on the set. Considering it only has 16 more pieces than the new A-Wing.We also get another minifigure compared to the A-Wing so that is also a plus even for its price. This looks like a business move if you read in between the bricks ;) 

(Speculation into minifigures being included or excluded) Why would they give you all the best characters in one set when they can easily stretch out these minifigures into other sets at different price ranges. This may not be true for your skiff example but there are others in which it could. Its an easy way for them to make you want to buy all their sets. It sucks but they have to make money somehow. I do not think that trend will be ending anytime soon either. Looking back at the Rogue One waves as an example, you can see that most main character figures were not always included in sets that they could have made appearances in(this may not be true for all of them but for a good portion of the smaller ones yes). It seems that if this trend continues, we will be looking at many of the small/medium sets having an exclusive(or highly anticipated) minifigures that you will not be able to obtain in any other sets.

I do enjoy this new speeder as it is something never made by Lego before. As for the building, at least it seems like they have kept the same architecture for the Cantina. It looks like making a moc out of both sets will be a next year's project for me! The AT-ST looks cool and I can't wait to see the official photos for it. 

6 hours ago, Moff Muffins said:

btw: the white top dish of that speeder will go nicely with the new Hoth turrets instead of the original grey ones imo

Honestly, nice point out! Would have never even thought of that lol! Are there any other new pieces or new colors for pieces in that set confirmed? 

Edited by star wars geek
to reply fully to quote and need to Clarify that there is some speculation here. Sorry for this :/

Spoiler and discussion post is in community > culture & media. Please discuss Episode 8 there for the next two weeks.

Thank you.

40 minutes ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Spoiler and discussion post is in community>culture &a media. Please discuss Episode 8 there for the next two weeks.

Thank you.

I don't think someone named "starwars8spoiler" is interested in discussing the movie

But thank you for cleaning the thread even though it's early morning for you!

Edited by SCREDEYE

41 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

I don't think someone named "starwars8spoiler" is interested in discussing the movie

He just recently changed his name to starwars8spoiler.
Will be banned in a bit.

Please carry on! Thanks!

Does anyone know if the Crait and Ahch-To sets are out?

I saw some folks have the Ahch-To set and I read they'll be released tomorrow? (don't know if that s correct though)

5 minutes ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

Does anyone know if the Crait and Ahch-To sets are out?

I saw some folks have the Ahch-To set and I read they'll be released tomorrow? (don't know if that s correct though)

People in the UK have found ach to and the sandspeeder but where exactly is anyone's guess.

Some people on Reddit have found most TLJ sets besides the ATST at their local stores in a few EU countries

Just now, allstyles said:

Maybe it has been asked, but will there be a captain phasma figure in on of the upcoming sets?

Yep, she's in the first order atst that is coming soonish... 40$

3 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

Yep, she's in the first order atst that is coming soonish... 40$

thats better than the 100 bucks dropship from a while ago ,.. thanks :classic:

Edited by allstyles

On 12/13/2017 at 12:31 PM, Tidy said:

don't doubt it.

it is listed in two major us retailers' inventory systems at $39.99 ...

20 hours ago, Azani said:

It's not a guess. Feel free to look back at this post in a month.

Oh I wasn't quoting correctly. I wasn't doubting the price or piece count. I was doubting that it would come with the FO AT-ST head given that it has less pieces than the RO AT-ST head.

Just now, Alexastor said:

Oh I wasn't quoting correctly. I wasn't doubting the price or piece count. I was doubting that it would come with the FO AT-ST head given that it has less pieces than the RO AT-ST head.

ah!

i totally agree with you there! though i would love to be surprised with enough pieces to make the head ...

4 hours ago, allstyles said:

thats better than the 100 bucks dropship from a while ago ,.. thanks :classic:

Kinda, except it comes without a head..

15 hours ago, makoy said:

I have exact opposite of your reaction. I was very excited because we are finally getting an official Wuher minifigure and the speeder is not just random speeder that you didn't see. 

You see it lazy and dumbed down maybe because you already owned something similar and spending more on this set does not serve any purpose to you  -- this is okay, but do not dismiss that there are people who does not buy every single Star Wars set and pick only the kind that fits their taste. This set fits my taste and I will buy it.

I built my own Cantina MOC and I still look forward to this set. 

Cheers!

It's very hard to evaluate invidiual sets, especially since they are not even out yet. But legos revenues did decrease last year, I have not seen any explanation to it, but lower sales is likely a reason to it. Those lower sales have most likely two main reasons, stronger competition and less attractive products. I have heard many more AFOLS complain this year so it's very much possible that TLG in general are not responding to the demand of the customers in an enough satisfactory way...

I'm going to be furious if StarWars8Spoiler ruined the movie for me... I get potential spoilers in this topic but that was just pure evil trolling. I saw that post last night and I was fuming.

Anyway, has anyone seen clear pictures of the FO AT-ST set yet? I keep looking at the blurry one and I assume that the rest of the head is behind the yellow sticker but I'm a little concerned we won't get the full build, just a half-built one. After playing a bunch of Battlefront II last night, I absolutely love the design of the FO AT-ST. Hopefully the full build will look just as good.

I'm really impressed by the official images of the new Cantina set, and I'll be grabbing one as soon as it's available. 

I wasn't sure about the Ubrikkian 9000 pod when the first rumours surfaced, but it's certainly an improvement on the 'default' Landspeeder I'd expected.  I'm just wondering if the set includes a light-brick (or similar) or perhaps I'm reading too much from the images?  If you look at the box art on the TRU website it shows the table lamp as a Neon-green, but in other images it's comprised of 3 white 1x1 studs - I guess it could just be artistic licence, but that would really make the set! 

5 minutes ago, Lobot said:

I'm really impressed by the official images of the new Cantina set, and I'll be grabbing one as soon as it's available. 

I wasn't sure about the Ubrikkian 9000 pod when the first rumours surfaced, but it's certainly an improvement on the 'default' Landspeeder I'd expected.  I'm just wondering if the set includes a light-brick (or similar) or perhaps I'm reading too much from the images?  If you look at the box art on the TRU website it shows the table lamp as a Neon-green, but in other images it's comprised of 3 white 1x1 studs - I guess it could just be artistic licence, but that would really make the set! 

It's most certainly just box art and not actually indicative of a light brick. I don't think TLG would put light bricks in a smaller set considering the price of the piece and the fact that sets in the $40 range are conceivably far more mass-produced than the bigger ones. It's a shame the box art gives off that impression because a light brick would be wonderful!

Edited by DanieGlass

9 hours ago, Milan said:

He just recently changed his name to starwars8spoiler.
Will be banned in a bit.

Please carry on! Thanks!

What was his name before?

55 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

I'm going to be furious if StarWars8Spoiler ruined the movie for me... I get potential spoilers in this topic but that was just pure evil trolling. I saw that post last night and I was fuming.

shame on me for having replies sent to my inbox, so i saw it before it was edited. and saw that it was the user ChristopherLee that posted it, who then proceeded to change their name. i'm still furious.  he lives in baltimore [you know in case you want to thank him], and is on several lego star wars facebook groups.

Just now, Jedi-Bendu said:

What was his name before?

see above. =]]

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

shame on me for having replies sent to my inbox, so i saw it before it was edited. and saw that it was the user ChristopherLee that posted it, who then proceeded to change their name. i'm still furious.  he lives in baltimore [you know in case you want to thank him], and is on several lego star wars facebook groups.

see above. =]]

Why would he al of a sudden do this? Not normal behavior. 

I saw several folks have found the new sets.... could be a financial disaster this saturday for me if the LEGO store has them. 

Having seen TLJ last night, I'm quite keen to start discussions on the already released and soon to be released sets in relation to their presence in the actual film. Would it be appropriate to start a separate, spoilers-allowed thread for this?

7 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

Having seen TLJ last night, I'm quite keen to start discussions on the already released and soon to be released sets in relation to their presence in the actual film. Would it be appropriate to start a separate, spoilers-allowed thread for this?

You can start talking here. Or you can wait till Christmas to discuss here.