MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

3 minutes ago, Forresto said:

Yikes the FO AT-ST looks awful, absolutely nothing like the film version its based off of (we've seen them in the trailers). 

Reveal hidden contents

It should look virtually identical to an Imperial AT-ST except with an altered face.

From what we know it's in mid construction with parts for the rest of the head available within the set for the complete model (which is likely what's hiding behind that large yellow sticker).

It already looks like a great set to me, hopefully we get a non-blurry/partially covered up look at it soon. Any rumors on what pricepoint it might be at? 

The cantina set looks decent but not super appealing to me. I do like the build of the pod speeder even if it is extremely obscure.

38 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

From what we know it's in mid construction with parts for the rest of the head available within the set for the complete model (which is likely what's hiding behind that large yellow sticker).

It already looks like a great set to me, hopefully we get a non-blurry/partially covered up look at it soon. Any rumors on what pricepoint it might be at? 

The cantina set looks decent but not super appealing to me. I do like the build of the pod speeder even if it is extremely obscure.

75201 is $39.99 and 370 pieces. I'm 100% sure.

3 hours ago, Azani said:

According to good old www.wog.ch, 75201 First Order AT-ST will release in mid-to-late January. Looks like it might be part of a separate mini-wave.

One Ukrainian Lego-shop chain has placed it as coming 21st December.

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

I hope so otherwise that's a ridiculous set.

Curiously the legs while similar to the Rogue One AT-ST appear to be more accurate and in line with the leg design for the actual AT-ST model. Perhaps we'll actually have a better shaped AT-ST? 

Everybody says that Greedo is updated, but i don’t see it. What are the changes? Then again that small blaster looks updated to me :-s

3 hours ago, Borex said:

Everybody says that Greedo is updated, but i don’t see it. What are the changes? Then again that small blaster looks updated to me :-s

The only difference I can see is that the belt now seems to be part of the torso print, while before it was a separate print on the hip piece. Disappontingly no arm-printing like Greedo in the first cantina set, but I am not surprised by that anymore.

33 minutes ago, Alexastor said:

Doubt it. The R1 AT-ST was the same price and 449 pieces.

don't doubt it.

it is listed in two major us retailers' inventory systems at $39.99 ...

I can't for the life of me find the FO AT-ST pictures. I don't see how they could mess it up. The AT-ST was wonderful (though lacked good articulation). They'd just need to edit that wouldn't they?...

1 hour ago, Moff Muffins said:

The only difference I can see is that the belt now seems to be part of the torso print, while before it was a separate print on the hip piece. Disappontingly no arm-printing like Greedo in the first cantina set, but I am not surprised by that anymore.

The torso is also slightly different.

44 minutes ago, BrickG said:

I can't for the life of me find the FO AT-ST pictures. I don't see how they could mess it up. The AT-ST was wonderful (though lacked good articulation). They'd just need to edit that wouldn't they?...

It's showing up in google images now....It's basically the legs from the last version, with a load of parts missing from the head section, and BB8 driving what's left of it.

12 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

Thanks for posting! As a happy owner of the 2014 cantina set, I can really only look at this one as an expansion pack being so much smaller.:wink: The old one was so lush and had so much atmosphere. This one - it includes the bare bones, plus a land speeder I didn't know did exist. At least it got a bartender now stopping Han and Greedo from doing self-service at the bar.:laugh:

I don't have the previous Cantina sets, but a post or thread with a side-by-side comparison of all three Mos Eisleys (2004, 2014 and 2018) would be interesting as would a MOCed mash-up of the 2014 and 2018 sets.

54 minutes ago, AmperZand said:

I don't have the previous Cantina sets, but a post or thread with a side-by-side comparison of all three Mos Eisleys (2004, 2014 and 2018) would be interesting as would a MOCed mash-up of the 2014 and 2018 sets.

Didn't know these type of sets were now also being made in micro scale :thumbdown:

4 hours ago, Moff Muffins said:

Disappontingly no arm-printing like Greedo in the first cantina set, but I am not surprised by that anymore.

Yeah, that is such a shame. It would make him so much more Greedo.

Although there are lots of stickers on that white speeder (not a really fastlooking ship, but hey) i really like the inclusion of this vehicle. I would have never thought of making one myself, but it really adds up to the mos eisley feel. 

9 hours ago, Alexastor said:

Doubt it. The R1 AT-ST was the same price and 449 pieces.

It's not a guess. Feel free to look back at this post in a month.

Just saw the Cantina photo and my immediate reaction was disappointment.  First, there is some vehicle I have never seen before, or at least do not remember seeing it. It seems to take a significant piece count from the set to build it, so less actual cantina.   The sandtrooper is nice, but Wuher is the only figure really new here.  It simply does not look like a $40 set.  Even with the Disney/Star Wars factor, I just do not understand how they came up with the pricing.  It is by and large inferior to the previous Cantina.  The photo made me consider buying it, if only to expand the far better one that I thankfully have.  I figured the extra sandtrooper and Wuher would be good as well as enlarging the cantina.   Then, I saw the price and changed my mind very quickly.  This is not the first time in recent years that a remake has been inferior to an earlier release.  They did the same thing with the Desert Skiff.  We lost  Luke and Lando, both vital to the scene, and instead got Chewie, who is in several other sets.  I dont know if it is just my imagination, but a lot of sets just seem lazy and dumbed down lately.  Good thing is that it saves me money.  

To be honest, that'll be £40 in the UK. The old one new off eBay costs £88 buy it now. You may as well spend the £88 on the old one. I know this thread isn't about discussing costs so I digress haha.

The set looks a mess to me, no roof or anything. Pieces randomly stuck together - doesn't look like a proper Lego set in a way but there you go. If I do get it, will be waiting for a discount for sure.

10 minutes ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

Just saw the Cantina photo and my immediate reaction was disappointment.  First, there is some vehicle I have never seen before, or at least do not remember seeing it. It seems to take a significant piece count from the set to build it, so less actual cantina.   The sandtrooper is nice, but Wuher is the only figure really new here.  It simply does not look like a $40 set.  Even with the Disney/Star Wars factor, I just do not understand how they came up with the pricing.  It is by and large inferior to the previous Cantina.  The photo made me consider buying it, if only to expand the far better one that I thankfully have.  I figured the extra sandtrooper and Wuher would be good as well as enlarging the cantina.   Then, I saw the price and changed my mind very quickly.  This is not the first time in recent years that a remake has been inferior to an earlier release.  They did the same thing with the Desert Skiff.  We lost  Luke and Lando, both vital to the scene, and instead got Chewie, who is in several other sets.  I dont know if it is just my imagination, but a lot of sets just seem lazy and dumbed down lately.  Good thing is that it saves me money.  

The pod is quite prominent in front of the Cantina entrance, across from the Dewback that was included in the previous Cantina set: 

yFNrN.jpg 

That set was $70 in 2014, for 615 pieces... a price per piece of 11.4¢. The new Cantina set is $40 for 378 pieces... a price per piece of 10.6¢. Seems like the pricing is on par with the previous set, if not better?

6 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

Has anyone in florida found any new sets yet, i have family vacationing there and would like to try and find achthe ach to set, any luck?

If I were to guess, they'll be in a few stockrooms at big-box retailers by the end of the week. (December 20th or so.)

21 minutes ago, joebiwankenobi said:

The cantina is currently available from the U.S. toysrus website: https://www.toysrus.com/product?productId=137247256

So are 75199, 75202, and 75533. :)

Edited by Azani

19 hours ago, Azani said:

75201 is $39.99 and 370 pieces. I'm 100% sure.

Ah thank you, that is a surprisingly reasonable price I think.

After seeing some more clips of the FO AT-ST from Battlefront II, I really like the updated design, it's such a slight update but it looks great. I especially dig the full length window in place of the two ports for viewing. Hopefully the full build for it in the set will look just as good.