MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

23 minutes ago, Batsy said:

Do you guys have a hint on where to see the AT-ST set? Thanks in advance already!

If you're looking for Legoleaks a quick search on Instagram should point you in the right direction :)

8 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

If you're looking for Legoleaks a quick search on Instagram should point you in the right direction :)

Ah thank you, I found it!!

I have seen TLJ yesterday. To end the whole 'sandspeeder is in the movie' debate I can...(click on spoiler if you want to know)

Spoiler

confirm that it is not

From here on out, since some people are going to be able to see the movie sooner than others, view this thread at your own risk. We ask that people be considerate and wait at least a week before openly talking about the sets and how they compare to the movie. And your comments better be related to the Lego sets, you shouldn't be given movie reviews here at all! In the meantime please use spoilers.

However, if you come here complaining that the movie was ruined for you because of something you read on Eurobricks; that's your own fault. If you want the movie to stay a surprise, stay away from this thread!

7 hours ago, DanieGlass said:

Eager for a photo on this one. I've heard the updated Phasma is worse than the TFA version.

i have one of the new phasmas already.  i definitely wouldn't call it worse.  the mouth printing is thinner, and looks less duckish.  it is basically identical to the printing on the executioners. 

Spoiler

the head is still black ... 

11 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Tidy: please put plot spoilers in spoiler text. 

thanks for the unsolicited input.  but seeing as how the text i used has been posted on here several times and every other forum/site about a dozen times, it is far from any sort of spoiler.

It seems like BB-8 is driving the AT-ST.

6 hours ago, JACKATTACKS said:

Hmm. Seems like Rose might be firing a studshooter or she's falling off the platform she's standing on. Maybe a collapsing function?

She is shooting. You can see a laser next to Phasma which comes out of her direction.

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

thanks for the unsolicited input.  but seeing as how the text i used has been posted on here several times and every other forum/site about a dozen times, it is far from any sort of spoiler.

It was a simple request, politely made. And yes, I see now that it was posted here back in November, though I guess I missed it then. 

4 minutes ago, DEAD1974 said:

is there any other place where to find those pictures or only on instagram?

rebel scum has it on their front page.

hm... I am bit surprised, why are those new sets like Cantina and AT - ST looking a bit low ... or are my expectations too high ? or is it all about the price ? or they are focusing mainly on minfigs?

5 minutes ago, BorisBritva77 said:

There is an official source, that shows Cantina set.

https://t.toysrus.com/product?productId=137247256

It looks fantastic IMO.

New and more correct backpack on the sandtrooper. Great build on the pod-speeder.

Cool looking entrance / door.  Wher is a great addition.

But the build of the bar does seem quite odd, and frankly not right... 

15 hours ago, BorisBritva77 said:

Thanks! This one has very good resolution. The minifigs selection is quite good if, specially if like me, didn't get the new desert skiff. Already have two of the previous version. So it's a cheap way to get all four minifigs including Wuher, the new Han Solo, an updated version of Greedo and an always welcomed Sandtrooper. I would prefer some aliens but I guess for a small set a hero must be there anyway. Let's hope for a Mos Eisley battle pack... In the mean time, mixing torsos with a bounty hunter battle pack will help to increase the alien population :laugh:

I like the small size as more children will be able to play with this set. It seems to be easy to mod it to extend 75055, so it's a must buy for me. The Ubrikkian 9000 pod seems a bit big, but just enough to have someone inside so a great addition to any Cantina MOC and it adds playability, which is a plus.

It seems to have an action feature in the cantina seats so, overall, for the pieces count a very good set! In Europe it will be priced somewhere between 45-55€, which will be a bit pricey as TLG has done lately here, sigh!

Edited by dvogon

Not too bad. Cantina is nice. The speeder... Eh. I think black 3x3 dishes instead of transparent would have looked better. 

I like that it's an OT set and that there's something brand new vehicle to add to the collection.

Btw, whats the release date for this?

Edited by Terrasher

I can't wait to see what the First Order At-St is going to look like. Other toy manufactures have the At-St a white color.

4 hours ago, DEAD1974 said:

hm... I am bit surprised, why are those new sets like Cantina and AT - ST looking a bit low ... or are my expectations too high ? or is it all about the price ? or they are focusing mainly on minfigs?

My theory on this is that as years go by, we get smaller and smaller sets and the overall number of large, expensive sets dwindles. It's a response to consumers having less money to spend on luxuries over time, etc. But that's just a feeling I have and I don't have any proof, numbers or anything demographic to back it up. 

There was a time you could never get a rare, sought-after figure in a small set - only the $100+ sets. But now - with Microfighters and especially the little Super Hero car things, TLG is making in-demand figures even more available. 

I'm relieved that the TLJ new walker kit is a pass. The only desirable figures are Finn/Roe undercover. Honestly, with all the walkers we have who needs an unfinished one. However, I do believe that the scene is taking place on

the titantic First Order ship Supremacy, complete with manufacturing facilities on board, and likely where Finn and Phasma face off, as seen in the trailers.

Just now, darththeling said:

My theory on this is that as years go by, we get smaller and smaller sets and the overall number of large, expensive sets dwindles. It's a response to consumers having less money to spend on luxuries over time, etc. But that's just a feeling I have and I don't have any proof, numbers or anything demographic to back it up. 

There was a time you could never get a rare, sought-after figure in a small set - only the $100+ sets. But now - with Microfighters and especially the little Super Hero car things, TLG is making in-demand figures even more available. 

I'm relieved that the TLJ new walker kit is a pass. The only desirable figures are Finn/Roe undercover. Honestly, with all the walkers we have who needs an unfinished one. However, I do believe that the scene is taking place on

Reveal hidden contents

the titantic First Order ship Supremacy, complete with manufacturing facilities on board, and likely where Finn and Phasma face off, as seen in the trailers.

As it so happens, Brickset just had an analysis that covered this very topic: https://brickset.com/article/31370/a-decade-of-lego-in-graphs. The upshot: sets are indeed getting larger (and more expensive).

3 hours ago, BorisBritva77 said:

Thanks for posting! As a happy owner of the 2014 cantina set, I can really only look at this one as an expansion pack being so much smaller.:wink: The old one was so lush and had so much atmosphere. This one - it includes the bare bones, plus a land speeder I didn't know did exist. At least it got a bartender now stopping Han and Greedo from doing self-service at the bar.:laugh:

According to good old www.wog.ch, 75201 First Order AT-ST will release in mid-to-late January. Looks like it might be part of a separate mini-wave.

Edited by Azani

Yikes the FO AT-ST looks awful, absolutely nothing like the film version its based off of (we've seen them in the trailers). 

Spoiler

It should look virtually identical to an Imperial AT-ST except with an altered face.