MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

1 hour ago, ChristopherLee said:

Unfortunately looks like this can't connect to the 2014 one. It includes all the scenes from the last one too (right quarter of bar, entrance, greedo/han seating area). You can just get Wuher separately and bricklink parts for the pod. Easy pass for me.

Unlesssss you don’t build it the way as described, but in a way it will connect!

anyway, i still will get it. The cantina and jabba’s palace are my weak spots. 

Looks terrible.

With this and the sandspeeder you know it's gonna be another terrible year for Lego Star Wars. Or else they are doing it on purpose so that people have money left for the (admittedly excellent UCS) Falcon.

The bar shape looks different. In addition to the previously used 4x4 white macaroni bricks, it looks like there is also a couple of 2x2 rounded bricks in the middle of the bar curve. The landskimmer/speeder looks a little wonky. Still, it will be interesting to see how they did the build inside. Are those trans-blank dishes? 

For anyone who has the previous cantina from a couple of years ago, this is likely an easy pass, save for Wuher.  I gotta hand it to TLG though, this set is brilliant for all budgets because you could get 4 of these and build a decent sized cantina. It's mostly all arches and booths in there. 

It shouldn't be that difficult to modify this new Cantina to work as a partial mirror of the 2014 version, even with the bar shape being slightly different. It looks like the booth no longer slides out, which was nice for display/visibility but by no means necessary. Wuher and another sand trooper are nice to have, but honestly I have no use for another Han or Greedo. Really wishing they had included Walrusman/Evazan, but I guess that's too much to expect at this price point. Can only hope they make it into a battle pack down the line.

I doubt I would spring for more than one of these... it would be cheaper to pick up the necessary pieces to scale it out via Pick a Brick or Bricklink or whatever, since duplicates of the minifigs wouldn't be usable for the most part. 

5 hours ago, AmericaLego said:

A picture of the cantina is up on instagram. It looks cool for the price it’s at.

Thanks @AmericaLego - I'm actually quite impressed by the set and it's definitely on my 2018 list.  The design is very similar to that of 75052 (albeit more compact) but it will be a good parts pack at the very least, and the minifigure selection looks quite reasonable.  All we need now is UCS-scaled Docking Bay 94 and I'll be a happy bunny! :laugh:

This version of Cantina is a must buy for me since I didn't get 2014 one: cool minifigures and unique looking pod build. Plus 2017 Landspeeder can be added to the set

6 hours ago, AmericaLego said:

A picture of the cantina is up on instagram. It looks cool for the price it’s at.

I can't find it. Someone have a name or something to find it easily ?

Just now, Ramses25 said:

I can't find it. Someone have a name or something to find it easily ?

Mario Power

The design/structure looks similar to that of the 2014 version. If you could build it but mirrored it could attach onto the previous version, with some modding. I actually really like the Pod build, its cool to get all the various Mos Eisley vehicles.

Cantina set looks decent to me - would have preferred a couple of random cantina aliens rather than Han/Greedo again but it looks decent and the Pod/Droid thing looks cute. I have the 2014 version but will probably get this.

Well the final last Jedi Set leaked. It looks interesting. I like the new atst. It’s another classic Star Wars design with a modern feel to it. I know this might be know but it comes with phasma Finn rose and BB-8 

I can’t make much of the build, from the middle up anyways. Hard to judge with the blurry resolution and the packaging sticker.

Nice to know it’s not a huge set, but sad to see it lacks the Praetorian Guards in minifigure form.

I was reading elsewhere that the ATST is only partially built? Would be a bit strange to release a vehicle set where the vehicle is not complete.

I already have Phasma from the Force Awakens set so not sure if this is something I'll buy but I guess I'll wait and see till after I've seen the film.

Just now, TeufelHund said:

I was reading elsewhere that the ATST is only partially built? Would be a bit strange to release a vehicle set where the vehicle is not complete.

I already have Phasma from the Force Awakens set so not sure if this is something I'll buy but I guess I'll wait and see till after I've seen the film.

the leaked description from a while ago specifically stated:

Help Finn, Rose and BB-8 to capture the unfinished AT-ST!

Jump to the suspended lift and climb onto the walker. Turn the steering wheel to deploy the gun, and control the walking pylons to start moving. Lead fire to retreat to a safe place where you can hold out until reinforcements arrive!

Can Captain Phazma [sic] stop our heroes before they manage to escape? Their fate is in your hands!

I’ve seen photos of it, it’s almost the same as the R1 AT-ST but the head is missing and replaced with something else, seems unfinished in universe, also comes with an elevator stand beside it. No head is included for the walker which is sad. Figures are Finn and Rose in disguises, Phasma and BB8

Just now, Bobmcguy said:

I’ve seen photos of it, it’s almost the same as the R1 AT-ST but the head is missing and replaced with something else, seems unfinished in universe, also comes with an elevator stand beside it. No head is included for the walker which is sad. Figures are Finn and Rose in disguises, Phasma and BB8

Eager for a photo on this one. I've heard the updated Phasma is worse than the TFA version.

This new cantina set ... might this be a scene from the Han Solo Movie? ...I mean Wuher looks younger with black hair and beard, and Han and Greedo could have met there before (are the stories in "From Another Point Of View" canon?). This would explain the odd release choice (and the lack of aliens: there might be other patrons around at that time).

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Bobmcguy said:

Hmm. Seems like Rose might be firing a studshooter or she's falling off the platform she's standing on. Maybe a collapsing function?

The elevator/platform is built out of technic beams. The walker looks like it can tip it's "head" foward.

2 hours ago, DanieGlass said:

Eager for a photo on this one. I've heard the updated Phasma is worse than the TFA version.

Check your PMs

2 hours ago, Moff Muffins said:

This new cantina set ... might this be a scene from the Han Solo Movie? ...I mean Wuher looks younger with black hair and beard, and Han and Greedo could have met there before (are the stories in "From Another Point Of View" canon?). This would explain the odd release choice (and the lack of aliens: there might be other patrons around at that time).

Thoughts?

It's in TLJ, not Solo, packaging, it's coming out in January not April, the box art shows Han and Greedo shooting at each other and the background imagery is A New Hope.

My conclusion is that it's an Empire Strikes Back set.

Edited by LEGOscum

It's hard to make out the detail from the AT-ST photo since it's so blurry, but I hope there's more to it than just 2/3 of an AT-ST and a technic beam.  I was really hopeful for this set too, but looks like it could be another disappointing TLJ set.

Edited by belkor
spelling :)

Do you guys have a hint on where to see the AT-ST set? Thanks in advance already!