MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

1 hour ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

That's not what I meant.

The original promo offer was valid from dec 15 until  jan 14.

I don't blame LEGO for scrapping the Vader pod... but wouldn't it be fair that the replacement offer (which is a 10% discount and that has nothing to do with producing new polybags) should be valid for the exact same period?

Like I said, I happen to be in a city with a LEGO store on december 16, so I would have gotten a Vader pod. Now, I get nothing because the replacement offer doesn't start on dec 15 but 3 days later.

I am so sorry about the different text size by the way. I dont know how that happened (the mobile site is confusing for me) but I do understand your frustration with this and I am dissapointed too. I am only speculating as to why the promo will be different. I believe that it could be due to where these are being made and/or how much time it would take for the new bags to get there. It may cost them more to get those bags to certain parts of the world so they decided it would be cheaper to have the sales there while it was cheaper to repackage or replace them here. As for the timing, it may just be to keep confusion at a minimum. These flyers have been out for a while now so i guess the places where the new vaders will be is the only place they will change the promo dates.

@Agent Kallus I hope it is like the old ones! I have a few older magnet sets and they are pretty great. Im not familiar with the new ones but I hope the figure is completely usable if indeed it is confirmed to be a vader magnet promo.

Edited by star wars geek
I left out a needed sentence in order to fully respond and a few errors needed correcting

On 7.12.2017 at 7:34 PM, jdubbs said:

guessing it comes in March.

According to several shops in different countries it's January set.

1 hour ago, dimaks13 said:

According to several shops in different countries it's January set.

Yup. Just off of what I can see, I'm still 99% sure that it will be a wide-release January kit. I've got very little doubt there.

I wasn't particularly interested in this promo, so it's not a major issue for me.  And, it's very sensible for TLG to withdraw it, if there's any possible safely concerns. 

10% off doesn't sound much, but if it's applied to the larger sets the discount is actually quite reasonable (and certainly above what the Pod could be worth!).  In addition, don't forget that you'll still get VIP points, so in reality it's approaching 15% overall.  And, I know in previous years they often include extra freebies in orders running up to Christmas; last year I received a Spider-Man polybag which was a nice surprise.

I'm waiting to see what the 'surprise' 20% discounted set will be.... If it's 75098 I could just be tempted! :classic:

4 minutes ago, Lobot said:

I wasn't particularly interested in this promo, so it's not a major issue for me.  And, it's very sensible for TLG to withdraw it, if there's any possible safely concerns. 

10% off doesn't sound much, but if it's applied to the larger sets the discount is actually quite reasonable (and certainly above what the Pod could be worth!).  In addition, don't forget that you'll still get VIP points, so in reality it's approaching 15% overall.  And, I know in previous years they often include extra freebies in orders running up to Christmas; last year I received a Spider-Man polybag which was a nice surprise.

I'm waiting to see what the 'surprise' 20% discounted set will be.... If it's 75098 I could just be tempted! :classic:

I don’t know about the UK but in Australia 20-50% off rrp in retail stores is ‘normal’ these days. The only time I shop at LEGO S@H is if it’s an exclusive I can’t buy in other stores or there is a special promotional gift that I want and my total order is above the $200 free shipping threshold. 

Is that press release (who linked it?) North America or European?  That may play into the dates of the new promo as well.  If not, bring the copy of the old calendar in with you.  Politely show the manager on duty and ask if you would be able to get the promo based on the fact that there was an internal mistake on their part.  If they deny it, say fine, get that managers name, and then politely call customer service for your respective country.  Explain to them what went on and ask if they would honor the promo.  If they say no, ask for that person's name and then get a supervisor's name and go up.

If LEGO has a quality control issue on their end, that'a fine, but if they offer a follow up to fix it on a different date, that is something they changed.  If you are polite, you may get something out of it for asking.  If not...well you can complain but it's a free promo.  And from experience working in the retail stores, if you are polite, there is a lot more I can do for you.  If you come in hootin' and hollerin', then yeah, not going to help you out at all.

Now that this is solved, let's stick to actual product release discussions instead of if they will honor their F R E E promotional items.  Thank you.  

Seriously though, if you have a LEGO question, call LEGO!  I don't work in the stores anymore and cannot give you a current answer!

On 7.12.2017 at 11:11 AM, medu said:

Still no new pictures of the Geonosis Battlepack?

Besides that, I am only interested in the Tatooine BP and Grievous Speeder, althought I probably won't buy the later since it doesn't seem to be good for anything but the figures.

13 minutes ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

Someone on Reddit has the Ahch-To set, so hopefully we'll see the First Order AT-ST soon (assuming it is in the back of the manual, which is a pretty safe bet)

I'm sure a lot more people will get to own the set this friday since smyths will be selling it online then

I'm kind of doubtful that the AT-ST will be in the instructions. I think that despite containing minimal spoilers it must to have been included in Disney's embargo. Every other 2018 set has been shown so far, almost all were leaked a month ago.

13 hours ago, mon-o-mat said:

Still no new pictures of the Geonosis Battlepack?

If the set that you're talking about is the one with the mini-gunship, then it'll be a while. 75206 releases in April.

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The AT-ST is not in the booklet. The person who got the set posted images of the instruction booklet on instagram 

Not the same person, but yeah. Must be a very straightforward, clear-cut spoiler.

Edited by Azani

The new wave of TLJ sets has started showing up online here in NZ. No sign of the AT-ST yet, but did get an order in through one of our local toy stores for Ahch-To, the First Order battle pack and Ski Speeder sets. Should be arriving on my doorstep the day before the movie comes out!

Isn't it strange that shop lego has not listed almost any of the winter sets as coming soon yet? I really doubt the sets will be out by 15 december. Because last year what I recall lego started to list the sets the last days in november

47 minutes ago, AmericaLego said:

A picture of the cantina is up on instagram. It looks cool for the price it’s at.

Is it supposed to be $30?

7 minutes ago, azog said:

Is it supposed to be $30?

We got word it is actually $40 :( TRU exclusive 

Just now, namioik said:

We got word it is actually $40 :( TRU exclusive 

Ow that’s bad. That’ll mean it will at least cost 50€ or even more. Don’t know if that is worth it. I do like the side build (vehicle). 

Pretty pointless set if one has the old version. Just god that the BL price for sand trooper probably will go down slightly and we get wuher

57 minutes ago, Savage Oppress said:

that's an bad price, considering that Toys R Us almost went bankrupt earlier this year.

376 pieces at US $39.99 works out to 10.6¢ per piece, which is on the low end for a Star Wars set. 

Unfortunately looks like this can't connect to the 2014 one. It includes all the scenes from the last one too (right quarter of bar, entrance, greedo/han seating area). You can just get Wuher separately and bricklink parts for the pod. Easy pass for me.