MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

On 12/1/2017 at 10:08 PM, ARIEL-1970 said:

Anyone know why Target has the sandspeeders in stock but hidden in the back and lego does not have any official info of it on their site either. At what point will Target put them online and on store shelves to sell? I am very curious on this :)

I have a suspicion that this set has something to do with the new movie. People say it doesn’t, and I don’t have any special insider knowledge, but I have a hard time believing that the box art of Jakku and the red helmet are merely a coincidence...

1 hour ago, thorin said:

I have a suspicion that this set has something to do with the new movie. People say it doesn’t, and I don’t have any special insider knowledge, but I have a hard time believing that the box art of Jakku and the red helmet are merely a coincidence...

The fact that LEGO has officially listed the set for sale and posted images on their public cache since the relevant post was quoted should tip you off. The official release date of 75204 was December 1st, and it can now be found on the shelves in most Target stores. The set has absolutely nothing to do with an appearance in TLJ; I can be 100% sure about that.

Edited by Azani

I'm starting to think now, after all this very characteristic blabbering going on for pages about this, that it's a deliberate tactic from LEGO to have this set on the shelves without any explanation.

They just threw the stone to the lake, and laughing about all the pointless theories born every second minute about when or where this ship will show up. This is slightly amusing. But more annoying.

6 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

Still no AT ST pictures?

I don’t think this catalogue showed store exclusives in general 

Edited by Falconfan1414

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I don’t think this catalogue showed store exclusives in general 

It's not a store exclusive... not sure why anyone thought it was.

Edited by Azani

6 minutes ago, Azani said:

It's not a store exclusive... not sure why anyone thought it was.

I think people thought it was due to it being less than a month out and we have seen all the other sets due out in January. Unless it comes out in March 

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

I think people thought it was due to it being less than a month out and we have seen all the other sets due out in January. Unless it comes out in March 

I mean, I get that. It might come out in March, but I know for a fact that it will be sold at both Target and Walmart in the US.

Most likely they are giving more time for the Rogue One AT-ST to clear off shelves before releasing a similarly-designed model for TLJ.... guessing it comes in March.

9 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Most likely they are giving more time for the Rogue One AT-ST to clear off shelves before releasing a similarly-designed model for TLJ.... guessing it comes in March.

Even that isn't enough proof. TLG had both Poe and Resistance X-wing fighters at the same time. Literally just a few shades off of one another..

1 hour ago, namioik said:

Even that isn't enough proof. TLG had both Poe and Resistance X-wing fighters at the same time. Literally just a few shades off of one another..

Don't recall saying anything about proof. I believe used the word "guess" which would be pretty close to the opposite of "proof". In any event, while it is true that LEGO has had similar products on the shelves at the same time, they've also retired products early seemingly to avoid this, e.g., the Rebels A-Wing/TIE set which retired after just six months, followed closely by the TRU A-Wing. 

Sad to see the Vader Pod giveaway was cancelled. Was hoping to pick up a few Vaders cheap. https://brickset.com/article/32590/star-wars-pod-promotion-cancelled

Just now, Richpepperell said:

Seen some chat on fb that the upcoming Darth Vader pod promo has been cancelled. Anyone know anything about this?

Yes. Because it "does not meet Lego´s strict standards".

But instead we´ll get 10% off all Star Wars products. (excluding 75192)

Complete pressrelease:

Star Wars Pod No. 5005376
We have to inform that as part of our internal quality screening process, we have found that the Star Wars Metalized Pod 5005376 does not meet our strict standards. As you know, we take the quality and safety of our products extremely seriously, and so out of an abundance of caution we have decided not to launch the Star Wars Pod.

We are committed to continuing support for our Star Wars promotion, and will offer consumers 10% off across all LEGO® Star Wars products from 18th – 24th December 2017, excluding the Millennium Falcon product (75192).

12 minutes ago, Brickweiser said:

Sounds like a fair trade-off to me. Might purchase the Death Star.

If you were in the UK then Smyths Toys have had 25% off the DS recently.

Edited by Robianco

8 hours ago, Robianco said:

If you were in the UK then Smyths Toys have had 25% off the DS recently.

Unfortunately, I live in NA. No 25% off sales for me.

Edited by Brickweiser

The Vader pod

10 hours ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

Star Wars Pod No. 5005376

We have to inform that as part of our internal quality screening process, we have found that the Star Wars Metalized Pod 5005376 does not meet our strict standards. As you know, we take the quality and safety of our products extremely seriously, and so out of an abundance of caution we have decided not to launch the Star Wars Pod.

We are committed to continuing support for our Star Wars promotion, and will offer consumers 10% off across all LEGO® Star Wars products from 18th – 24th December 2017, excluding the Millennium Falcon product (75192).

The Pod offer was valid from december 15. Why not start with the discount on the same day? I'll be at a LEGO store on december 16.... not on the 18th.

LEGO-Darth-Vader-Pod.jpg

10 minutes ago, ARIEL-1970 said:

So what will be the replacement promo for north america then? Anyone have an idea ?

Aparently something like a vader magnet for North America instead. That is what some employees at a lego store told me but I’m not sure that it is confirmed. 

10 hours ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

The Vader pod

The Pod offer was valid from december 15. Why not start with the discount on the same day? I'll be at a LEGO store on december 16.... not on the 18th.

As for the new promo taking more time thats probably because they need to produce different bags for the new poly bags and distribute them. Under such a short time frame, I think only a few days delay isn’t that bad.

1 hour ago, star wars geek said:

As for the new promo taking more time thats probably because they need to produce different bags for the new poly bags and distribute them. Under such a short time frame, I think only a few days delay isn’t that bad.

That's not what I meant.

The original promo offer was valid from dec 15 until  jan 14.

I don't blame LEGO for scrapping the Vader pod... but wouldn't it be fair that the replacement offer (which is a 10% discount and that has nothing to do with producing new polybags) should be valid for the exact same period?

Like I said, I happen to be in a city with a LEGO store on december 16, so I would have gotten a Vader pod. Now, I get nothing because the replacement offer doesn't start on dec 15 but 3 days later.

1 hour ago, star wars geek said:

Aparently something like a vader magnet for North America instead. That is what some employees at a lego store told me but I’m not sure that it is confirmed. 

If it's a magnet would the minifig be removable/posable like a regular fig? Or more like a keychain minifig? I've never actually handled a LEGO magnet product so not sure what to expect... I would just like *some* way to acquire a few Vaders without buying a full set. I have spots in my collection for 4-5 more of them and don't really want to pay eBay prices to get them.

853476-1.jpg?201502100849 

If it is that( /\) type then you can remove all parts except the torso and cape, because the torso is drilled through, (I liked the older ones (like this 852551-1.jpg?200902050815) but they stopped doing them :cry_sad:)