MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

I have the 2014 version but happy to get a smaller one for Wuher, Han's new hair and some extra Sandtoopers which seem to be the same as that in the 2014 set (although I still think the ones from the 2012 Droid Escape are the best sandtrooper figures ever).

10 hours ago, Artanis I said:

Man, everyone is quoting me except not.:wacko:

I had a feeling that this set wasn't going to be too much like the last one

Sorry man, didn't realize... is there any way to change my username?

Thank you very much for the info! :classic:

That there'll be a small new vehicle and the barkeeper in the Cantina included is great. But I'm - like many others of you - disappointed about the fact that there'll be no (new) aliens.

On 27.11.2017 at 8:21 AM, thorin said:

Why in the heck would they not do an add-on?? Even just mirroring the bar (so it formed a semi-circle in lieu of just a quarter round) and then adding one similar bay so it could be added to the old one? Then give us Han, Greedo, and two new characters. That would have been enough to make the set incredible instead of lame. I get that they are trying to make things affordable, but help us build our collection. It would have been so easy to make an add-on that could also be a standalone...

I hope that you'r right, thorin! But since the last set was released four years ago, I highly doubt that TLG takes in concideration the new set to be some sort of an add-on. Possible it's of course.

7 hours ago, Artanis said:

Your username isn't really an issue. If you want to discuss this further though, just send me a PM.

There must be a planned battlepack with alien scum down the line i hope. It still is a shame that Wuher didn’t come with the last cantina set so this feels a bit like “let’s make just a set for that drinkserving guy in a few years. $$$$!!”. The whole strategy of giving us one or two new figs everytime (while we still need so much of the sw universe) has me put off collecting. 

But i am a big fan of the new battlepacks containing regular figs. The bounty hunter pack was awesome (but again we miss zuckuss) and the tatooine bp is also yummy. 

13 hours ago, Artanis said:

6 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Your username isn't really an issue.

It's more like a non-issue, we will just have to be twins:grin: Now I know how it feels to have a name like "clone commander" haha

6 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

There's no way you can market a set as an ''add-on'' when said set is discontinued though. 

Exactly

A Cantina battlepack at some point seems like a no-brainer, especially seeing as TLG have recently started to experiment with packs other than the usual clone/storm/rebel/resistance trooper variants.

The Brothers Brick is reporting that the Sandspeeder is indeed from the Last Jedi. Can anyone confrim this? It would see to that it’d be more logical for it be from the OT era considering the helmets of the pilots, however. 

Edited by getbusybrickin

2 hours ago, getbusybrickin said:

The Brothers Brick is reporting that the Sandspeeder is indeed from the Last Jedi. Can anyone confrim this? It would see to that it’d be more logical for it be from the OT era considering the helmets of the pilots, however. 

Unless TLJ has Rebel pilots going back to Jakku I wouldn’t think so.

3 hours ago, getbusybrickin said:

I'm convinced the Sandspeeder cannot be from TLJ. The red helmet from the set is the same helmet Rey puts on in FA. So it can't come after that, unless it's a flashback. 

5 hours ago, getbusybrickin said:

So, I'm pretty sure that they just made a mistake. It happens.

I can confirm that it isn't from TLJ.

On 29/11/2017 at 7:51 PM, Borex said:

There must be a planned battlepack with alien scum down the line i hope. It still is a shame that Wuher didn’t come with the last cantina set so this feels a bit like “let’s make just a set for that drinkserving guy in a few years. $$$$!!”.

I also hope that there will be a cantina alien battlepack, but who knows!

On the second part, I felt somehow the same at first, but after a while, overall I think it isn't that bad. Actually the only new character is Whuer plus the new versions of Greedo and Han. It seems that there will be just one Sandtrooper, although Sandtroopers aren't easy to find figures and they are a must in any Tatooine MOC. If the set would come with a dewback, then I would be very pleased. But there is no dewback in the Hungarian description, so... 

What I really like is that they are releasing other sets as well to fill in the scenes without having to pay for all of them in one big set. The Tatooine battlepack is great for any Tatooine related MOC and complements perfectly the cantina including, e.g. an astromech droid waiting in the entrance :laugh: 

I also like splitting the old cantina set, because it will reach more people, specially children. The Tusken raiders are a good addition to both sets. The sandspeeder with the moisture-vaporator and two pilots may be perfectly used in the cantina as well. And the snake might be a delicatessen in Mos Eisley! :grin:  

Many options for people with limited money to spend.

Edited by dvogon

1 hour ago, dvogon said:

I also hope that there will be a cantina alien battlepack, but who knows!

On the second part, I felt somehow the same at first, but after a while, overall I think it isn't that bad. Actually the only new character is Whuer plus the new versions of Greedo and Han. It seems that there will be just one Sandtrooper, although Sandtroopers aren't easy to find figures and they are a must in any Tatooine MOC. If the set would come with a dewback, then I would be very pleased. But there is no dewback in the Hungarian description, so... 

What I really like is that they are releasing other sets as well to fill in the scenes without having to pay for all of them in one big set. The Tatooine battlepack is great for any Tatooine related MOC and complements perfectly the cantina including, e.g. an astromech droid waiting in the entrance :laugh: 

I also like splitting the old cantina set, because it will reach more people, specially children. The Tusken raiders are a good addition to both sets. The sandspeeder with the moisture-vaporator and two pilots may be perfectly used in the cantina as well. And the snake might be a delicatessen in Mos Eisley! :grin:  

Many options for people with limited money to spend.

There is no dewback, and it is more a 4501 version of the cantina, but without sandspeeder and without dewback.

Thanks for the info! :classic: If it is big enough (and the pieces count go in that direction) then I will be pleased, not very, but pleased and anyway a must buy for me to mix with 2014 cantina.

Edited by dvogon

Hmm i’ve read the description on rebelscum and suddenly it sounds like a fun set lol heck, i’m going to buy it!! Everything tatooine is just so cool. 

But still they better give us an mos eisley alien pack as well. Otherwise it’ll be a rodianfest up in there, with a few Bith playing rodian classics. Utatutasolomio!

Well, sure glad I picked up 2 of tje previous cantina, may be able to moc this one to make something more substantial. Other aliens would be nice for it though...

This actually doesn't sound too bad, if it can be modded to fit the 2014 cantina (and why wouldn't it be). The bar can be extended, Han, with his new hairpiece looks much better (although I lost count how many of him I already have), and a sandtrooper is always a good addition to any collection. I'd be happy to get Wuher anyway. Maybe they update Greedo slightly as well, although I have nothing against the old one. If the price point proves to be true,  it's worth it even at full price (probably not in my country, but I can wait for a discount)