MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

@darththeling and @dvogon

Do you guys remember the leaked picture with Wuher, Han and Greedo (witch started the whole rumor about a new cantina)?

Well, in that piture there was also 2 sandtroopers - one with a white pauldron, and one without a pouldron. 

If that picture is legit, those 5 minifigs could very well be the actual lineup for the set... Seems plausable to me.

Yup! I was wrong with the pauldron colors... and number, bad memory I guess. The black one is from 75052, the white and orange ones are from 9490. Actually those from 9490 are the ones used by the sandtroopers in the cantina. If we would get those two I would be gladly surprised... as I did with the Ahch-To set! Who knows... Then the right move would be a Tatooine aliens battlepack similar to the great bounty hunters battlepack (just dreaming :wink:).

49 minutes ago, Bantha Fodder said:

@darththeling and @dvogon

Do you guys remember the leaked picture with Wuher, Han and Greedo (witch started the whole rumor about a new cantina)?

Well, in that piture there was also 2 sandtroopers - one with a white pauldron, and one without a pouldron. 

If that picture is legit, those 5 minifigs could very well be the actual lineup for the set... Seems plausable to me.

But has a set of only 300 pieces ever has as much as five minifigures? I think that something does not add up here

13 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

But has a set of only 300 pieces ever has as much as five minifigures? I think that something does not add up here

7264 Imperial Inspection had 367 pieces and 10 minifigs

2 hours ago, PickleManDan said:

7264 Imperial Inspection had 367 pieces and 10 minifigs

Yes that's true. However, there is quite a significant difference in release dates of the Imperial Inspection and supposed Cantina set now isn't there? :grin:

I'm definitely looking forward to the Ahch-To set! Luke, Rey and the Porg are must have figures for me. The build isn't bad and has some nice details, but regardless of that I'm buying for the figures in what looks to be a relatively cheap set. I'm on the fence with the Defence of Crait set. I like the Poe figure with the new(?) headpiece and the speeder looks cool, but I feel the addition of the smaller builds will inflate the price beyond what I'm willing to spend, nor am I interested in the other figures included. The General Grievous set looks cool, but with only two figures, both of which I have, I think I'll pass, along with the micro fighters and Tatooine Battle Pack. Although we haven't seen official pictures yet, I'm keen to get Yoda's Hut and the Jedi Battle Pack when they're released. I've been waiting for a 'normal' Ki-Adi Mundi figure and it'll be cool to get Coleman Trebor/Barriss Offee (I'm unsure which figure is actually included in the set) also. 

While I'm interested in what new TLJ and Solo sets we'll get next year, I'm intrigued to see what sets we'll get from exisiting content as well. I've found a lot of the recent redesigns repetitive and uninspiring, so I'm hoping that we'll get some original content of vehicles/locations that haven't been in LEGO form before. Sometimes I think that my passion for LEGO Star Wars is fading, but I think it's just exhaustion from so many remakes as I still feel that spark whenever I see new sets like Ahch-To. 

I understand that the last Cantina came out four years ago in 2014, so it's not 'unfair' for there to be a remake in 2018, I only hope that it includes new/updated figures and an improved build. I do have the 2014 Cantina, so I"m not sure I'll get it unless I'm really impressed with the set. An add-on set would be cool, but after four years I doubt that LEGO would be releasing a companion set now. I won't speculate on what figures there might be or what the build will look like as I find that it often leads to disappointment when pictures are revealed. 

Edited by Phoenix__Phyre

12 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Maybe its a fully overpriced set which also includes a Dewback? More like the first version. Its a shame that we won't get any new creatures...

Courtesy of Rebel Scum, here is the Mos Eisley set description... in Hungarian. 

LEGO® 75205 Mos Eisley Cantina™. Töltsd az időt a Tatooine legveszélyesebb kocsmájában, a Mos Eisley Cantina-ban. Parkolj le odakint az Ubrikkian 9000 gondolával! Segíts Han Solonak lesöpörni Greedót a székéről, anélkül, hogy magára vonná a Homokosztagos figyelmét! Tarts rendet Wuherrel, miközben ő felszolgálja az italokat! Ez csak egy átlagos nap a Mos Eisley Cantina™-ban!

It is from this website: https://kockashop.hu/lego/mos-eisley-cantina-75205 (Is that allowed? There aren't any photos...) The translation from Rebel Scum:

Spend time in Tatooine's most dangerous pub, Mos Eisley Cantina. Park outside with the Ubrikkian 9000 gondola! Help Han Solo swoop up Greedo from his chair without letting the Sagittarian's attention. Keep up with Wuher while he drinks the drinks! It's just an average day at Mos Eisley Cantina ™!

I believe Sagittarian is meant to be stormtrooper? This is the Ubrikkian 9000:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Ubrikkian+9000&safe=off&client=safari&rls=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjWzcumtOHXAhXKjFQKHQW8BdEQ_AUIDCgD&biw=1242&bih=1051

Anyhow it is disapointing that lego would do another cantina that is not an UCS version, which would put an UCS version more far in the future.

but anyways, someone knows the date when the winter sets will be released?

Just now, Sneakguest said:

but anyways, someone knows the date when the winter sets will be released?

street dates are showing as 12.27 [27.12 if you prefer] ...

Just now, Cyberfounder said:

Any news on the clone/geonosis battle pack?

april.

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

LEGO® 75205 Mos Eisley Cantina™. Töltsd az időt a Tatooine legveszélyesebb kocsmájában, a Mos Eisley Cantina-ban. Parkolj le odakint az Ubrikkian 9000 gondolával! Segíts Han Solonak lesöpörni Greedót a székéről, anélkül, hogy magára vonná a Homokosztagos figyelmét! Tarts rendet Wuherrel, miközben ő felszolgálja az italokat! Ez csak egy átlagos nap a Mos Eisley Cantina™-ban!

It is from this website: https://kockashop.hu/lego/mos-eisley-cantina-75205 (Is that allowed? There aren't any photos...) The translation from Rebel Scum:

Spend time in Tatooine's most dangerous pub, Mos Eisley Cantina. Park outside with the Ubrikkian 9000 gondola! Help Han Solo swoop up Greedo from his chair without letting the Sagittarian's attention. Keep up with Wuher while he drinks the drinks! It's just an average day at Mos Eisley Cantina ™!

https://www.google.com/search?q=Ubrikkian+9000&safe=off&client=safari&rls=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjWzcumtOHXAhXKjFQKHQW8BdEQ_AUIDCgD&biw=1242&bih=1051

Thanks for bringing up this info! Okay so it's starting to shape up like something then; considering it's 376 pieces and that I'm assuming the set doesn't include either a dewback, sandspeeder and moistutre evaporator, there's still a decent possibility we are at least getting a bar section and a nice booth; the Ubrikkian 9000 is very nice to get, It should be small and not take up all of the vital piece count here. 

Piece count and size is very relative in this case; it's a building, not a start fighter. 

But thank you Lego for producing an official Wuher, this was the biggest rooster hole in the last set.

Now what the hell is a Sagittarian....I tried translating ''Homokosztagosok'', which is similar to ''Homokosztagos'', and apparantly the best result I could find is ''Sand Troopers'', not sagittarian. So we are at least getting 4 mini-figs here, 5 if Lego is generous and offering two of them. 

Any hungarian that wants to help out would be more than welcomed to do so!

I disturb myself that I didn't need to look up the Ubrikkian to know what it looked liked.
Not sure that Sagittarian is a correct translation. Interestingly Homokostag translates as 'Sand Squad'

Edited by Toc13

Yeah, Homokosztagos is apparently Sandtrooper ;) (from a native Hungarian)

It's funny to read leaks from a Hungarian website. :D

Edited by Jockos

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Darn, there goes my source. :/

Yup, that's the site... I believe that Sagitarrian is likely a mistranslation of "rodian".

In the Hungarian text, instead of Sagittarian, there's Sandtrooper. So it must include at least one. Anyway, Sagittarian is a person born under the sign of Sagittarius. As far as my memory goes. :classic:

Just now, Jockos said:

In the Hungarian text, instead of Sagittarian, there's Sandtrooper. So it must include at least one. Anyway, Sagittarian is a person born under the sign of Sagittarius. As far as my memory goes. :classic:

Might be.

...And the page is gone from the site.

Hey everyone,

1st post. :)

3 minutes ago, Azani said:

Might be.

...And the page is gone from the site.

I'm hungarian.. correct translation is:

Spend time in Tatooine's most dangerous pub, Mos Eisley Cantina. Park outside with the Ubrikkian 9000 gondola pod! Help Han Solo swoop up Greedo from his chair without letting getting the Sagittarian's Sandtrooper's attention. Keep up with Wuher while he drinks  serves the drinks! It's just an average day at Mos Eisley Cantina ™!

Btw I've already seen this shop posting sets with their descriptions few weeks before they were actually released. However I don't think the cantina set will be released this year, posting it could have just been by mistake.

Just now, Artanis said:

Hey everyone,

Spend time in Tatooine's most dangerous pub, Mos Eisley Cantina. Park outside with the Ubrikkian 9000 gondola pod! Help Han Solo swoop up Greedo from his chair without letting getting the Sagittarian's Sandtrooper's attention. Keep up with Wuher while he drinks  serves the drinks! It's just an average day at Mos Eisley Cantina ™!

Btw I've already seen this shop posting sets with their descriptions few weeks before they were actually released. However I don't think the cantina set will be released this year, posting it could have just been by mistake.

I believe that it will be released in Q1 of 2018, based on the set number.

Thanks for the translation. :)

Edited by Azani

3 hours ago, Artanis said:

Hey everyone,

Very interesting. If this information turns out to be correct I would be very happy. 

At this point I'm just glad for any new concept we get in re-released sets. I especially like the addition of "civilians" or civilian vehicles added to the Lego SW-world. If we get both Wuher and the Ubrikkian 9000 pod I would be delighted!

I consider myself a pretty die-hard fan of the SW-saga, but i Had to look up what the heck an Ubrikkian 9000 was. I wonder how they will manage to pull off the spherical shape of the pod (and the round windows). 

Edited by Bantha Fodder

5 hours ago, Artanis said:

Thanks! By the way, is "Homokosztagos" singular or plural? If there were two sandtroopers as in the leaked photo, I think the set would be well balanced. The Ubrikkian 9000 pod (didn't have a clue about that) complements the new and old cantinas and maybe they could be combined, after all this is Lego.

If the information is correct, then sadly no Evazan or Ponda minifigs this time neither. Let's hope TLG could release them as a small set or battlepack in the near future. 

Just now, dvogon said:

Thanks! By the way, is "Homokosztagos" singular or plural? If there were two sandtroopers as in the leaked photo, I think the set would be well balanced. The Ubrikkian 9000 pod (didn't have a clue about that) complements the new and old cantinas and maybe they could be combined, after all this is Lego.

If the information is correct, then sadly no Evazan or Ponda minifigs this time neither. Let's hope TLG could release them as a small set or battlepack in the near future. 

Singular, unfortunately. There's always hope though!

Man, everyone is quoting me except not.:wacko:

I had a feeling that this set wasn't going to be too much like the last one

Edited by Artanis I