MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

18 hours ago, darththeling said:

Yeah I was wondering about that, too. If TRU does go belly up - what would happen to all those Lego kits that are store exclusives? Although... since you can also buy said kits at the official Lego store they don't really meet the definition of exclusive, do they? 

I think it's unlikely that TRU would completely go under; it's more likely they would close stores in underperforming markets, though they already did this a few years ago. In theory Chapter 11 allows them to restructure their debt (pay creditors like LEGO less than they are owed) and avoid total collapse. But suppliers like LEGO, Hasbro, etc. may be less willing to commit to multi-year exclusives given the uncertainty about TRU's future and whether/how much they will get paid. And given that TRU likely pays a premium for such exclusives, they may not be in a position to take on new exclusives until they've re-emerged from bankruptcy.

My thoughts on this winter wave. The Last Jedi sets are really good. Though I will say not as good as TFA and Rogue One's second wave. I love The Ahch-To Training set! Perfect timing with Yoda's Hut coming in the spring. Location sets are great and I think this one is amazing. And of course there is the much anticipated Luke minifigure, shocking to get him in a $30 set and not a $100 one. I'm debating over getting this or the Yoda's Hut set. I think I will go with the Yoda's Hut as that seems like the build might be better, and I have wanted that set for around 10 years now. The Ski Speeder is cool. I love the side builds, I think the gun is cool and the tower is great. The Speeder itself though is meh, Not bad but not entirely good. As for the rest of the sets... I don't care, there just boring. I really wish Lego would stop making these dull sets and instead make vehicles and locations we have never got before, or a remake of one that we have not gotten in 10 years. The Yoda's Hut is a very appreciated set I think and I would enjoy more like it. Not just remakes of sets we got 3 years ago. 

16 minutes ago, Knight of Ren said:

We're getting a Darth Vader brickhead 

Source? Real quick, just so ya know: that poster in 41489 is not one. Vader is a common character to use in casual SW ads in which he does not appear.

2 hours ago, doclord said:

Does the Ski Speeder have the little stabilizing rod that grinds against the ground?

Yeah it does, if you look in the pictures it's a blade piece in a gun metal grey color. 

Thank you very much for the pictures, links and info! :classic:

The Tatooine BP is great and looks even much better in the final pics - I really like the new droid and that the vehicle is no flying one but has crawlers. :thumbup:

That the Mos Eisley Cantina will be only a small set and supposably not bigger than the 2014 version is a huge disappointment. I bet that the minifigures and scenery included will be very similar, too, for sure no add-on but a more or less identical version of the last one. :sadnew:

9 hours ago, Azani said:

Source? Real quick, just so ya know: that poster in 41489 is not one. Vader is a common character to use in casual SW ads in which he does not appear.

The poster says Star Wars BrickHeadz are coming in 2018, and considering we only know of 4 and they’re all basically out, it’s saying there will be more, and likely Vader.

On 11/26/2017 at 5:28 AM, Whovastron said:

The poster says Star Wars BrickHeadz are coming in 2018, and considering we only know of 4 and they’re all basically out, it’s saying there will be more, and likely Vader.

There's no reason to implicitly assume that. We have two more coming for Solo, including Han, and likely more classic characters in the summer. Sure, Vader may be one, but it isn't confirmed to any extent.

@Sir von Lego confirmed Han, if I remember on point, but I'm not totally sure if we heard on the second one.

Edited by Azani

Strangely although I'm bored with the amount of times the snow speeder gets reissued and is always nearly exactly the same, I can't wait for the sand speeder. Maybe it's the fact we're finally getting some new rebel pilot helmets in a low-price set along with a new orange-visored female pilot's face. Or the fact that I bought my son the AT-ST, AT-DP and AT-M6 for Christmas (he's asked Father Christmas for his own 'Walker Assault' from Battlefront) and now we'll have another speeder to take them down with. Or maybe it's because it's based on an unreleased 80s Kenner toy from The Epic Continues line that warms my heart. Apparently it's out at Target in America, any idea for everywhere (or anywhere) else?

https://brickset.com/sets/75204-1/Sandspeeder

75204-1.jpg?201711240145

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

Can I just say the micro fighters and Luke's House from TLJ and a new cantina have single handedly made this wave. Affordable ways to get high quality minifigures is what i'm talking about!

A tad disappointed though that Greedo yet again lacks arm printing when the original edition from way back when had some. :sceptic:

Edited by Forresto

Wasn't the Cantina set mini-figs picture a hoax though? I know Stash said that his source talked about something cantina related but I'm still not sure about the form it's gonna take. 

30 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

Wasn't the Cantina set mini-figs picture a hoax though? I know Stash said that his source talked about something cantina related but I'm still not sure about the form it's gonna take. 

Were they? I've been gone a while now. Yikes thats potentially disappointing.

39 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

About that...

It's a 30 or 40 USD set that'll include Han, Greedo, and some kind of creature or vehicle. It'll be out before April, and I think that it's a store exclusive. It'll have 376 pieces, and it's 75205.

Edited by Azani

I’m hoping that they won’t ruin the set by utilising the already small piece count for a pointless side vehicle build.

At its small price point,  a good portion of the cantina with Han, Greedo and Wuher would be fine for me (and maybe a Sandtrooper or a new cantina patron). 

I would really like Evazan and Ponda too, but then the set would also have to include Luke and Ben, and I don’t see that happening at this price point. Unfortunately the set is just too small to really impress in build or minifig department. Luckily I have the 2014 version so I’m just hoping to get Wuher and new patrons with the new set. I also like the updated Greedo, assuming it’s real.

On 11/26/2017 at 12:37 AM, Klaus-Dieter said:

That the Mos Eisley Cantina will be only a small set and supposably not bigger than the 2014 version is a huge disappointment. I bet that the minifigures and scenery included will be very similar, too, for sure no add-on but a more or less identical version of the last one. :sadnew:

Why in the heck would they not do an add-on?? Even just mirroring the bar (so it formed a semi-circle in lieu of just a quarter round) and then adding one similar bay so it could be added to the old one? Then give us Han, Greedo, and two new characters. That would have been enough to make the set incredible instead of lame. I get that they are trying to make things affordable, but help us build our collection. It would have been so easy to make an add-on that could also be a standalone...

Edited by thorin

@dimaks13 Good photos! The Ahch-To set is perfect! Very good minifigs within a low price and decent playability. The inclusion of a Porg is very welcome, as it appeals more to children. At least my children want this set badly for all those 3 characters. Probably I will get another one just to save the characters from my children hands. 

The ski speeder is ok, maybe a bit big, but I would have used two different smaller sets like the snowspeeder (75049) and Hoth's attack (75138). To me those were more balanced, as they had more imperial snowtroopers in total plus an imperial droid and better ammo gear. In the Crait set the poor FO snowtroopers have only blasters to oppose the resistance :wacko:. On the tower, I think I have to see the film to see it in context, otherwise just meh...

The other near perfect sets are the two dual micro fighters. They have cool minifigs, including Kylo Ren and an AT-M6 driver for a low price. This approach is more like the superheroes line, where main characters may be found in low priced sets, which is great for children.

Edited by dvogon
typo

1 hour ago, Forresto said:

So much for getting a Ponda Baba figure! :cry_sad:

I recently got this custom one; maybe that's something worth considering for you?

s-l300.jpg

48 minutes ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

I recently got this custom one; maybe that's something worth considering for you?

s-l300.jpg

I got the same one

On 27/11/2017 at 6:23 AM, JekPorkchops said:

I would really like Evazan and Ponda too, but then the set would also have to include Luke and Ben, and I don’t see that happening at this price point. Unfortunately the set is just too small to really impress in build or minifig department. Luckily I have the 2014 version so I’m just hoping to get Wuher and new patrons with the new set. I also like the updated Greedo, assuming it’s real.

My feelings... A new cantina set without some bad guys will be nonsense. The good guys aren't going to a chic restaurant. Last one set (75052) had only two actual ones: Greedo and a sandtrooper, although at least he had a dewback. The Bith band is cool but they aren't bad guys at all, and they used three minifigs slots. What will be this time?

We have seen Han, Wuher and Greedo. Wuher is cool but he doesn't count as bad guy and Greedo seems legit as his printing is brand new. For the piece count, at most two more figures will be there. Two additional sandtroopers with black white pauldrons? I would guess not those two from 75052, not both with black white pauldrons and the same printing. So either one stormtrooper from 9490 and another from 75052, or just one sandtrooper with pauldron from 75052, given the TLG tendency of not giving enough minifigs in their sets :sceptic:.

Another options for those one/two minifigs slots are: one or two aliens. But which ones? If there were two they would be Evazan and Ponda, which also appears in RO. If there were one, they have plenty of options. Having two will be a great surprise for me.

If there were an additional Tatooine battlepack for the bad guys, like the great bounty hunters battlepack of this year, then more options opens: maybe an aliens battlepack with Evazan, Ponda and two random bad guys/droids (if one or two sandtroopers appear in the cantina), or the opposite, a sandtroopers battlepack with a dewback if an alien or two appear in the cantina.  

Edited by dvogon
color fixed

Evazan wouldn't require a new mould, right? Both Evazan and Ponda would look fine with printed faces - as evidenced with the custom fig Jedi-Bendu posted. Does anyone think that Ponda *has* to have a new mould? I guess Evazan's hair piece might be tricky... not sure what existing hairpiece would work.

Just looking back at the previous Cantina, 75052, that was a really great set. Worth the price, almost. Great figs and the dewback was sweet. Build was inclusive. Will be really interesting to see how they follow up to it.

Edited by darththeling