MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

Yeah, final pics of the Yoda set also haven't been released yet, that one might turn out to be interesting as well (especially since that particular version of Luke interestingly hasn't been leaked yet). However, the set I'm now actually most curious about is the Clone Battlepack since we have no idea how many of the minifigs were placeholders in the prelim pic :wink: Coleman Trebor's inclusion for instance doesn't make a lick of sense, so we might be in for a surprise (at least that's what I hope).

Barriss Offee is in the jedi/clone bp if look at the box pic ;)

8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

That printed Speed Champions canopy on the Ski Speeder  in 75202 looks kind of cool, but I do hope it is indeed printed. While they usually are in Speed Champions sets, the canopy does have a flat enough surface that Lego could just sticker it instead of print on it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. 

Yes, it will be printed, they've already got the printing machine for that specific part, so it's easy and cheap enough for them to print it ;:wink:

With all the images that have been released has anyone seen info on when the SW sets will actually go on sale?

the full instruction page with all the characters leaked. Interestingly Finn and rose in first order gear and plasma are not included. Could the set be a spring release or a store exclusive?

33 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

the full instruction page with all the characters leaked.

Really? Looks like Kattman did decide to post that...

33 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

the full instruction page with all the characters leaked. Interestingly Finn and rose in first order gear and plasma are not included. Could the set be a spring release or a store exclusive?

Nope. Completely certain that 75201 will release in December in all stores. I could definitely see why  you would think that, though...

Edited by Azani

Just now, Azani said:

Really? Looks like Kattman did decide to post that...

Nope. Completely certain that 75201 will release in December in all stores. I could definitely see why  you would think that, though...

Will all these new TLJ sets be released in (mid) december? (Crait set, Training set etc?)

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Maybe Phasma has a spoiler under the helmet and set will be released after new movie.

1 hour ago, BorisBritva77 said:

Maybe Phasma has a spoiler under the helmet and set will be released after new movie.

A friend of mine who has most winter 2018 figs said phasma has the same black head as before so no spoilers.

23 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

A friend of mine who has most winter 2018 figs said phasma has the same black head as before so no spoilers.

Noooooo! This is not true!

Strange, i think. We have already read about her appearance in "Phasma" by Delilah S. Dawson. 

3 hours ago, BorisBritva77 said:

Noooooo! This is not true!

i can confirm the veracity of his statement.  black head. she is still captain pimple in lego. 

4 hours ago, Tidy said:

i can confirm the veracity of his statement.  black head. she is still captain pimple in lego. 

I can confirm your confirmation ;)

14 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

None of the microfighter minifigures are shown either - I'm guessing there's a second page not in that image. 

8 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

None of the microfighter minifigures are shown either - I'm guessing there's a second page not in that image. 

you are correct, there is a second page.

So in the whole TLJ wave and both fall and winterwave, not a single new head mold. Very disapointing

Edited by Sneakguest

In the previous weeks, I have been thinking about the possibility (as many others have) of the FO Heavy Scout Walker not even appearing in the movie, as it seems to be a very concept art-based vehicle and it hasn't been officially revealed yet in any media. Also, it appeared that the vehicle in the concept art that Lego got was eventually just replaced by an updated AT-ST, again minimizing the chance of seeing the HSW in the movie. However, if set 75201 does indeed include a FO AT-ST, then it means Lego got concept art of both of them, which actually increases the chance of the HSW appearing in the movie again. It kinda makes sense though, if the FO uses older AT-AT's alongside their new AT-M6's, then they'd also use older AT-ST's alongside their newer scout walkers. The HSW still looks a little too odd to me though.

Edited by JekPorkchops

5 hours ago, JekPorkchops said:

In the previous weeks, I have been thinking about the possibility (as many others have) of the FO Heavy Scout Walker not even appearing in the movie, as it seems to be a very concept art-based vehicle and it hasn't been officially revealed yet in any media. Also, it appeared that the vehicle in the concept art that Lego got was eventually just replaced by an updated AT-ST, again minimizing the chance of seeing the HSW in the movie. However, if set 75201 does indeed include a FO AT-ST, then it means Lego got concept art of both of them, which actually increases the chance of the HSW appearing in the movie again. It kinda makes sense though, if the FO uses older AT-AT's alongside their new AT-M6's, then they'd also use older AT-ST's alongside their newer scout walkers. The HSW still looks a little too odd to me though.

There is an AT-ST or something that looks familiar to it. You can find it at 1:47-1:48 on the right side background of the screen.

Picture

Edited by BorisBritva77

I will say that I have found several sites that corroborate that 75201 is officially titled "First Order AT-ST". :)

Edited by Azani

2 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Interestingly enough there's no Dagobah Luke,R2 and Yoda on that instruction booklet as well. I guess that Great Playset Yoda's Home is retail exclusive?!

To clarify: 75208 Yoda's Home will be an April release. There has never been any doubt about that.

Edited by Azani

Not sure about the price, but there WILL be a Mos Eisley Cantina coming in either Q1 or Q2 of TLG 2018 releases. Set 75205, 376 pieces.

- A very reliable source; and no, it's not Taylor Stevenson :)

Edited by Azani

That's... half the size of the previous one (616 pieces)! It must be pared down... or does not include a landspeeder. Hope we get a nice surprise in that one.

1 hour ago, Azani said:

Not sure about the price, but there WILL be a Mos Eisley Cantina coming in either Q1 or Q2 of TLG 2018 releases. Set 75205, 376 pieces.

That sounds great! I hope 75052 and 75205 could be a great playset together.

If this Mos Eisley piece count information is true, I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. Why is it that the Star Wars Lego line produces so few impressive location sets (like the Ewok Village, for example)? Mostly they seem to develop these 300-piece playsets, and they reserve the show pieces almost exclusively for vehicles. I'd love some larger, more involved locations from the Star Wars world.