MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

4 hours ago, BrickLord123 said:

He's in the battle pack.

4 hours ago, Azani said:

Pretty sure that you're thinking of 75206, a clone and jedi-focused battle pack that Mundi was slated to appear in at one point.

Oh, hehe, my bad :blush:
Thanks for setting me straight :thumbup: 

Regards,
Mitch

1 hour ago, thorin said:

So, I’m not trying to “prove” anything with this post, but this morning  I received an email from Lego saying my limited edition mf vip card was on its way... and it had a thing at the bottom saying “exclusive offers” would be offered all year to vips with this card... now we all knew that, but here’s the kicker, it was right next to an image of 3 Star destroyers with the sunlight silhouette on the center one... I mean, come on...

Screenshot (2)

I am just curious what will be those exclusive offers for you guys who bought the UCS MF. Especially if you don't have endless valet ... :wub:

There's a review on MadBrickReviews' channel of the Sandspeeder. Unfortunately, there's nothing new in the instruction manual :cry_sad:

Edited by Commodore Thrawn

2 hours ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

There's a review on MadBrickReviews' channel of the Sandspeeder. Unfortunately, there's nothing new in the instruction manual :cry_sad:

I just watched the review, I'm amazed someone was able to get it this early. This is such a bizarre, random set but the Jakku printing on the box and the fact that one of the minifig's helmets is the exact one Rey puts on in TFA is intriguing. I've never been a huge fan of the T-47 Airspeeder but with the added fins and different coloration, I kinda dig this one. Shooting a moisture vaporator in order to make a white snake come out... is still a very strange gimmick and I feel like there has to be some kind of context for this scene be it in a movie, game or book, otherwise it's just... awkward.

Edited by ToaDraco

Everyone should probably note that the Sandspeeder was listed as a 2017 Dec 1 release by Stash2Sixx. Maybe it's just a late vendor exclusive and not part of the 2018 lineup.

I'm really impressed by the Tatooine Battle Pack (75198); definitely one to buy in multiples.  Even at full RRP it looks like good value with a Tusken Raider, Jawas, plus a cute little astromech.  The crane is well designed and isn't totally wrecked by the inclusion of the, clearly essential, stud blasters!!

I think the potential for a new UCS Star Destroyer just increased a little, following TLG's latest email.... it's definitely one that's overdue a re-design and it would be welcomed by the vast majority of AFOLS.  If they follow the recent trend, I'd imagine that it would be a minimum of 4,500 parts and £500.  Hopefully, they'll manage the release of it better than 75192; ideally with a pre-order so they can manage production accordingly!

19 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

complete Vader buildable figure pictures are online. It looks so much better than the previous one. Lots of printing, coverings plus a waist cloth piece.

Where did you find this exactly?

EDIT: Found it. I thought that I'd pass on it since I have the original version... but dang. It does look good, albeit a bit more simplistic.

How are these sets being released so early?

Edited by Aethersprite

Oh wow, that Vader is amazing. I skipped the last one cause it was $50 and its chest looked utterly ridiculous, but this one I'm definitely getting.

3 hours ago, Ragana9289 said:

Pictures, like, official, or watermarks there just invisible ?

Official. Finalized. 100%

Vader looks fantastic. 168 pieces, and a gearbox. No custom chest, though. :(

Edited by Azani

26 minutes ago, JekPorkchops said:

The Vader image is not on reddit. Where have you guys found it?

Saw it on the regular LEGO subreddit; not on legoleaks. 

I've found it, thanks! Something seems a little off about him to me, but it's probably because of the weird pose. The previous one had incredibly short lower arms, but it appears that this one has lower arms that are way too long. I also don't know why his lightsaber hilt has been extended by one of those pieces. I'm also not too fond of the use of those recent shin pieces as his lower leg armor, the boot pieces with kneepads looked a lot better. The use of the SW torso shell looks a little out of place as the belt area of that part doesn't line up with the belt area of this Vader. The printing looks a little weird around his stomach. Also, I thought his helmet was gonna be a bit bigger and more accurate than the previous one, but here it looks about the same size, which is weird because there's supposed to be a head underneath. But other than that, I really like the new cape, chain, better proportions for his shoulders and the waist cape. Would really like to see the finalized human head underneath the helmet.

First reviews of the sandspeeder are now up on YouTube. These confirm that the helmet the sandspeeder pilot is wearing is the same one Rey has at the start of TFA. This means this set must come from before this time. It's got to be a battlefront 2 set. Actually looks quite nice!

On 11/12/2017 at 1:15 AM, thorin said:

So, I’m not trying to “prove” anything with this post, but this morning  I received an email from Lego saying my limited edition mf vip card was on its way... and it had a thing at the bottom saying “exclusive offers” would be offered all year to vips with this card... now we all knew that, but here’s the kicker, it was right next to an image of 3 Star destroyers with the sunlight silhouette on the center one... I mean, come on...

On 11/12/2017 at 6:12 AM, Spongebob456 said:

These are clues for a new UCS ISD for me. Same with the silhouette in the UCS Falcon. Time will tell. 

13 hours ago, Lobot said:

I think the potential for a new UCS Star Destroyer just increased a little, following TLG's latest email.... it's definitely one that's overdue a re-design and it would be welcomed by the vast majority of AFOLS.  If they follow the recent trend, I'd imagine that it would be a minimum of 4,500 parts and £500.  Hopefully, they'll manage the release of it better than 75192; ideally with a pre-order so they can manage production accordingly!

I tend to agree. TLG have given us Easter eggs before, including the  highlighted silhouette of the Falcon on the DS box. Of all images they could have used in an email why did they choose that one? The fact that this was one was targeted at SW fan AFOLs who have dropped big $$$ on the latest UCS Falcon only fuels speculation.  

Honestly, I think the sets shouldve been done like this:

- Scrap the Tatooine battle pack and make a clone one

- Move mace windu to the jedi battlepack, and make the Grievous combat speeder a wheelbike with Obi Wan and boga

Just now, GryffindorResistance said:

Honestly, I think the sets shouldve been done like this:

- Scrap the Tatooine battle pack and make a clone one

- Move mace windu to the jedi battlepack, and make the Grievous combat speeder a wheelbike with Obi Wan and boga

They did a Wheelbike not too long ago if I recall.

2 hours ago, Nexo Bricks said:

They did a Wheelbike not too long ago if I recall.

In 2014 (for $24.99 USD IIRC) and it didn't come with the boga. I think a new one four years later would be a good enough gap, and for $10-15 extra, a boga and possibly a Phase II Commander Cody minifig would make a good set. 

Picked up 75204 today at my local Target. I'm literally just about to start building it; however, some creative parts usage is very apparent. Only three stickers, too!

Edited by Azani