MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

5 minutes ago, star wars geek said:

It is considered expanded universe? I thought it appeared in the Clone Wars, so isn’t it cannon?

I've given up trying to figure it out now... its in, its out, no its back in...

Just in case you missed it, regarding the Sandspeeder.

On 04/11/2017 at 6:20 PM, Catanas said:

I will say, theme wise it's lumped in with Yoda's hut,  theTatooine Battlepack, and the Jedi Battlepack as 'Classic' .

And the Grievous Speeder is under 'Clone Wars'.

51 minutes ago, DEAD1974 said:

75212, 169.99 € - "Pegasus"  from what movie is this?

Solo - A Story Wars Story

(and it's almost certain the Millennium Falcon)

1 hour ago, Darth Malgus said:

I've given up trying to figure it out now... its in, its out, no its back in...

The CGI Clone Wars series has always been canon, it's the one from 2003 that's Legends now.

2 hours ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

Soo many Falcons :( if only venators were as popular :cry_sad:

3 hours ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

thanks for the info, I was thinking about something more interesting ...

1 hour ago, star wars geek said:

Soo many Falcons :( if only venators were as popular :cry_sad:

I would like a new Venator too. But given the First Order Star Destroyer that was just released, I think 2019 is the earliest we would see one. Same goes for an updated AT-AT or a Rogue One AT-ACT. 

Wow, that Grievous speeder set is so lame. Just two figures? Do either of them even have exclusive prints? This would've been a perfect opportunity to give us a Clone Wars non-cartoon eyes Ahsoka fig considering she was actually in that episode with Grievous and the one he fought. Ugh. :thumbdown::thumbdown: 

3 hours ago, Ultron said:

Wow, that Grievous speeder set is so lame. Just two figures? Do either of them even have exclusive prints? This would've been a perfect opportunity to give us a Clone Wars non-cartoon eyes Ahsoka fig considering she was actually in that episode with Grievous and the one he fought. Ugh. :thumbdown::thumbdown: 

Mace is literally nothing but new prints.

1 hour ago, Mymaker123 said:

Mace is literally nothing but new prints.

That's good at least. Though he's pretty out of place in the set. Don't quite understand his inclusion. They could've made anything that's actually relevant to Mace and they shove him into some dingy speeder set he has nothing to do with. There could've been weekquays/Hondo, the jedi padawans, Ahsoka...heck, even some droids. And yeah, I'm months late complaining about the set, but it's just a bit disappointing. 

4 hours ago, Ultron said:

That's good at least. Though he's pretty out of place in the set. Don't quite understand his inclusion. They could've made anything that's actually relevant to Mace and they shove him into some dingy speeder set he has nothing to do with. There could've been weekquays/Hondo, the jedi padawans, Ahsoka...heck, even some droids. And yeah, I'm months late complaining about the set, but it's just a bit disappointing. 

Yeah, I though Ki Adi Mundi was gonna be in this set? Based on concept art and stuff?
Rather bummed 'cause I was hoping for a non-TCW Mundi :sceptic:

Regards,
Mitch

17 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Yeah, I though Ki Adi Mundi was gonna be in this set? Based on concept art and stuff?

Regards,
Mitch

He's in the battle pack.

18 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Regards,
Mitch

Pretty sure that you're thinking of 75206, a clone and jedi-focused battle pack that Mundi was slated to appear in at one point.

On 11/10/2017 at 6:06 AM, Sportzjester said:

75209 "Han Solo Zeus Chrot"

75210 "Cronus Chariot"

75211 "Fury"

75212 "Pegasus"

On 11/10/2017 at 7:01 AM, BorisBritva77 said:

Zeus chariot?! Chronus chariot?! Pegasus?! What the f#ck is going on here? XD

If I may may speculate a bit, I think I can work out what these are most likely to be.

Now I may have a few facts wrong, as I only have a basic knowledge of Greek Myth, but hear me out.
According to Greek myth, Perseus was the son of Zeus. Zeus was the son of Cronus, until Zeus rose up and rebelled against Cronus. The Furies where vengeful, chaotic creatures that came into being due to the actions of Cronus. And Pegasus was the famed winged horse that Perseus rode.

Perseus was also one of the major heroes of Greek Myth. As such I think it's fair to assume that if they're giving code names to 'Solo' based on Greek Myth, then Han Solo himself would be Perseus.
Now if that's the case, then it would be fair to assume that the set code named 'Pegasus' (75212) is probably the Falcon.

But what of 'Zeus' Chariot' (75209), 'Cronus' Chariot' (75211) and 'Fury' (75211)?
Well if Han Solo is Perseus, then his father (or father figure) would be the logical choice to be codenamed 'Zeus'.
Now we know from official press releases, that Woody Harrelson is playing a character named 'Beckett', who is Han's mentor. So I think we can safely assume that 'Zeus' Chariot' (75209) is most likely Beckett's ship.

As I said, according to Greek Myth, Cronus was the father of Zeus, but Zeus rebelled against and fought Cronus. Before Zeus rose against him, Cronus was the King of the Gods/Titans. Now according to spoilers that I read a week or so ago (and may very well be a load of rubbish, so take this with a gain of salt) the main plot of "Solo" will deal with the Crime Lord that Beckett (and hence Han) work for, framing them for a crime they didn't commit as part of some scheme to make money/move up in status/be more dastardly.
If this is the case, then it's more then likely that 'Cronus' Chariot' (75211) will be the Crime Lord (ie: The Big Bad of the movie)'s ship. Further cementing this, is the fact that Greek Myth depicted Cronus as a force of Chaos and his use in modern fiction as such has almost never been as anything other then a bad guy/THE Big Bad.

The other spoiler that was mentioned in the ones I read, was that the character that was originally played by Michael K. Williams and now by Paul Bettany, is a psychopathic Bounty Hunter that the Crime Lord hires to hunt Beckett and Han down after they survive the initial frame up. If these spoilers are legit, then it would be fair to assume that 'Fury' (75211) is most likely the Bounty Hunter's ship. Hell Fury may not even be a code name, if this is a Bounty Hunter's ship, because Fury would work well enough.

That leaves us with the following;

75209 "Beckett's Ship"
75210 "Crime Lord/Big Bad's Ship"
75211 "Bounty Hunter's Ship"
75212 "Millennium Falcon

Just now, Yorel said:

If I may may speculate a bit, I think I can work out what these are most likely to be.

Now I may have a few facts wrong, as I only have a basic knowledge of Greek Myth, but hear me out.
According to Greek myth, Perseus was the son of Zeus. Zeus was the son of Cronus, until Zeus rose up and rebelled against Cronus. The Furies where vengeful, chaotic creatures that came into being due to the actions of Cronus. And Pegasus was the famed winged horse that Perseus rode.

Perseus was also one of the major heroes of Greek Myth. As such I think it's fair to assume that if they're giving code names to 'Solo' based on Greek Myth, then Han Solo himself would be Perseus.
Now if that's the case, then it would be fair to assume that the set code named 'Pegasus' (75212) is probably the Falcon.

But what of 'Zeus' Chariot' (75209), 'Cronus' Chariot' (75211) and 'Fury' (75211)?
Well if Han Solo is Perseus, then his father (or father figure) would be the logical choice to be codenamed 'Zeus'.
Now we know from official press releases, that Woody Harrelson is playing a character named 'Beckett', who is Han's mentor. So I think we can safely assume that 'Zeus' Chariot' (75209) is most likely Beckett's ship.

As I said, according to Greek Myth, Cronus was the father of Zeus, but Zeus rebelled against and fought Cronus. Before Zeus rose against him, Cronus was the King of the Gods/Titans. Now according to spoilers that I read a week or so ago (and may very well be a load of rubbish, so take this with a gain of salt) the main plot of "Solo" will deal with the Crime Lord that Beckett (and hence Han) work for, framing them for a crime they didn't commit as part of some scheme to make money/move up in status/be more dastardly.
If this is the case, then it's more then likely that 'Cronus' Chariot' (75211) will be the Crime Lord (ie: The Big Bad of the movie)'s ship. Further cementing this, is the fact that Greek Myth depicted Cronus as a force of Chaos and his use in modern fiction as such has almost never been as anything other then a bad guy/THE Big Bad.

The other spoiler that was mentioned in the ones I read, was that the character that was originally played by Michael K. Williams and now by Paul Bettany, is a psychopathic Bounty Hunter that the Crime Lord hires to hunt Beckett and Han down after they survive the initial frame up. If these spoilers are legit, then it would be fair to assume that 'Fury' (75211) is most likely the Bounty Hunter's ship. Hell Fury may not even be a code name, if this is a Bounty Hunter's ship, because Fury would work well enough.

That leaves us with the following;

75209 "Beckett's Ship"
75210 "Crime Lord/Big Bad's Ship"
75211 "Bounty Hunter's Ship"
75212 "Millennium Falcon

Nice speculation - I agree with most of the above. Generally, TLG will actually put a ton of thought into these, so your explanations are definitely plausible. I will, however, tell you that many sites have listed the Solo sets under different codenames...

75209 - Hero Vehicle

75210 - Villain Vehicle

75211 - Villain Vehicle

75212 - Great (likely a "Hero") Ship

Keep that in mind as well. :)

Just now, Azani said:

Nice speculation - I agree with most of the above. Generally, TLG will actually put a ton of thought into these, so your explanations are definitely plausible. I will, however, tell you that many sites have listed the Solo sets under different codenames...

75209 - Hero Vehicle

75210 - Villain Vehicle

75211 - Villain Vehicle

75212 - Great (likely a "Hero") Ship

Keep that in mind as well. :)

Well that reinforces my idea. Beckett will be a "hero" type character, being Han's father figure and what not. The big bad and his hired goon are villains and there's no way that the Millennium Falcon could fall under anything other then "Great Ship"

Just now, Yorel said:

Well that reinforces my idea. Beckett will be a "hero" type character, being Han's father figure and what not. The big bad and his hired goon are villains and there's no way that the Millennium Falcon could fall under anything other then "Great Ship"

I mean, I wouldn't go as far as that. Sure, unless you consider that the "vehicle" sets are unlikely to be bona fide "ships", as 75211 and 75212 are explicitly referred to as such.

Edited by Azani

15 minutes ago, Yorel said:

Well yes, that is a possibility that I hadn't thought of.

Dude, don't get me wrong; I have a feeling that you're likely on point with at least a few of those. I just thought that I'd give you the heads up on the distinct alternate "codenames", because they might have a noteworthy effect on your guesses; I mean, while we're still waiting on a trailer, the majority of the film's plot is still up in the air.

EDIT: Since this bit of news may have been buried, a fellow bought this one. Credit for the photograph belongs to a fellow under the handle of "madbricksreviews" on Instagram. Fantastic!

23421712_1820859288205487_7913835361548107776_n.jpg

Edited by Azani

Just now, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

complete Vader buildable figure pictures are online. It looks so much better than the previous one. Lots of printing, coverings plus a waist cloth piece.

You're welcome. :) I thought that they would have spread by now, but they weren't being discussed, so I decided to make the jump and post them on Instagram.

Edited by Azani

will the 2018 Lego Star Wars sets be released in time for Christmas, or will they be held back until January or February 2018, due to movie spoilers from Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

So, I’m not trying to “prove” anything with this post, but this morning  I received an email from Lego saying my limited edition mf vip card was on its way... and it had a thing at the bottom saying “exclusive offers” would be offered all year to vips with this card... now we all knew that, but here’s the kicker, it was right next to an image of 3 Star destroyers with the sunlight silhouette on the center one... I mean, come on...