MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

9 minutes ago, Renegade Clone said:

The box art for the Sandspeeder suggests the Rebels are fighting moisture vaporators and dastardly snakes!

You have to start small :laugh:

13 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

So its not rebels :look:, Its okay, nothing exciting though.

White snake is nice though.

Yeah, Tawny Kitaen was gorgeous. :)

Anyhoo, I have only one comment about the Sandspeeder:

"Is that it? :("

Edited by Panthro

I find that moisture vapourator very confusing; I really like the look of it but what’s with the burp piece? I don’t mind those flip-up functions, in fact when in its downward position I think it looks great, but there doesn’t seem to be anything under there to reveal...

1 hour ago, Mymaker123 said:

I find that moisture vapourator very confusing; I really like the look of it but what’s with the burp piece? I don’t mind those flip-up functions, in fact when in its downward position I think it looks great, but there doesn’t seem to be anything under there to reveal...

I think the feature is that you shoot it and the snake comes out.

I kind of like the Sandspeeder. I had no idea that Lego still had the mold for the old 1999 "Blaster gun" pieces, so it looks very retro having those on point of the speeder.

Sandspeeder looks alright and I like the concept. Though I wished they use dark orange and medium to dark flesh colours. A shame there's no new T-47 windscreen piece.

The sandspeeder is rather underwhelming but I really wasn't expecting much. It is rather odd that they're shooting at a vaporator, that's someones means of living! Perhaps one could say they were shooting at the snake and missed, knocking over the vaporator.

So far everything we've seen from the 2018 wave that's not from TLJ looks incredibly underwhelming and unexciting. 

Edited by ToaDraco

The Sandspeeder looks like a hastily thrown together MOC. No idea why they would put this on the store shelves when there are several waves worth of TLJ and Han Solo sets on the way.

I know this is a bit early, but is it possible that the summer wave could be pushed back to August next year? I doubt they would release all of the wide-release sets in the first half of the year. It would also make sense from a marketing standpoint to push them back to increase sales for the Solo sets.

17 hours ago, Panthro said:

Yeah, Tawny Kitaen was gorgeous. :)

HA!!!!

That was terrible, but as I actually laughed, I'll let it go.  Guess you gotta be older for that one!

Remember all, if the picture says Confidential across it, then it shouldn't be shared.  If it doesn't say that and someone shares it...

I am curious if the designer for this Sandspeeder set will have anything to do with the TRON set?  Hopefully.....no.

Honestly, the Sandspeeder is kind of cool, being that it is based around the Battle of Jakku. It's confirmed that the rebels used airspeeders like those in the battle. Gotta say its fun when Lego changes things up and gives us something from the past that no one was really expecting, kind of like Anakin's Custom Jedi Starfighter from 2015 and the new General Grievous Speeder.

I'm not sure if this has already been posted but I received my lego club magazine today (don't ask why i still have the subscription). Anyway, it uses the unreleased Luke and Rey on the front cover, however Leia is still the same force awakens variant.

20171106_160608.jpg

Edited by JACKATTACKS
Subscription, not description!

32 minutes ago, JACKATTACKS said:

I'm not sure if this has already been posted but I received my lego club magazine today (don't ask why i still have the description). Anyway, it uses the unreleased Luke and Rey on the front cover, however Leia is still the same force awakens variant.

20171106_160608.jpg

No, I'm 99% sure that hasn't been seen yet. Thanks for the image - would you consider posting any of that "sneak peek"? :)

Edited by Azani

17 minutes ago, Azani said:

No, I'm 99% sure that hasn't been seen yet. Thanks for the image - would you consider posting any of that "sneak peek"? :)

Haha sure. Unfortunately there really isnt much. This is all there is

Lego the last jedi

Lego the last jediLego the last jedi

Just now, JACKATTACKS said:

Hey, no worries, man. It's nice to see, thanks!

6 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

I am curious if the designer for this Sandspeeder set will have anything to do with the TRON set?  Hopefully.....no.

Tron set? I know it's off topic, but have I missed something?

I really like that head-on shot of the Lego AT-M6. Really want to get it some day. I didn’t care for it that much when it was leaked, but the latest reviews and pictures have won me over.

11 hours ago, JACKATTACKS said:

There's still a LEGO Club Magazine?!

5 hours ago, BorisBritva77 said:

Who knows what are those sandspeeder pilots names?)

The flash is over that part of the box, so it's hard to tell but it looks to me that it says "sandspeeder pilot" & "sandspeeder gunner"

10 hours ago, just2good said:

There's still a LEGO Club Magazine?!

Yeah, it was rebranded as "Lego Life" a while back. It's only offered to 5-10 year olds.