MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

this is kinda funny ...  snow speeder, sand speeder ... so we need a grass speeder, soil speeder ... :wub:

People seem to be confused as to what this set is... This Sandspeeder certainly looks as if it contains 2 Resistance pilots, but shows a remarkable resemblance to the unreleased Kenner Toy above. Perhaps Star Wars have recycled the design for TLJ? This is almost certainly a Last Jedi set as the Nima Outpost and downed Star Destroyer are visible in the background on the Box art. I highly doubt that this a Rebels set as the minifigures look too detailed and have a very TLJ look to them.

Anyway if you want to see the actual set, head on over [removed] YouTube Channel -- He has some photos there... just so you know what it looks like. Unfortunately it looks like we will not be getting an updated cockpit piece :(

*Link removed*

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't link to confidential images or media, thanks :-)

Just backtracking to the D2Cs, as far as I'm aware there hasn't been any actual info about them beyond set numbers and speculation, so don't go holding your breath for a Y-Wing/ISD/Cloud City/whatever. I want these sets as much as anyone but getting hyped for one thing and then getting another is going to leave a sour taste in people's mouths.

57 minutes ago, JamesArts2172 said:

People seem to be confused as to what this set is... This Sandspeeder certainly looks as if it contains 2 Resistance pilots, but shows a remarkable resemblance to the unreleased Kenner Toy above. Perhaps Star Wars have recycled the design for TLJ? This is almost certainly a Last Jedi set as the Nima Outpost and downed Star Destroyer are visible in the background on the Box art. I highly doubt that this a Rebels set as the minifigures look too detailed and have a very TLJ look to them.

Anyway if you want to see the actual set, head on over to [removed] -- He has some photos there... just so you know what it looks like. Unfortunately it looks like we will not be getting an updated cockpit piece :(

It wasn't listed as a confidential item on any online retailers, so it isn't a TLJ set. There's no way. How do I know this? I saw the set three weeks ago.

well well! there we go then :) Perhaps it was an unreleased TFA set that they are releasing during this new wave? Or has somehow made it to stores...

I don't know...

56 minutes ago, JamesArts2172 said:

Anyway if you want to see the actual set, head on over to [removed] -- He has some photos there... just so you know what it looks like. Unfortunately it looks like we will not be getting an updated cockpit piece :(

This is no way a TLJ set. These are certainly Rebel Pilots. And it shows the niima outpost and crashed Star Destroyer because it is definately from the battle of Jakku in 5 ABY. One of the Pilots is even wearing the old rebel helmet that Rey found. So this may be from Battlefront 2, which also is settled around 4-5 ABY so this would make sense. The only way I could imagine this being a TLJ set would be a flashback to the battle of Jakku. But I think that's rather unlikely.

So, the rumours of a Sandspeeder were correct....

It doesn't look too bad, essentially a re-colour of the latest system-scale Snowspeeder plus decent-sized moisture vaporator.  I could be tempted, but get the feeling this could be in £40 RRP territory based on 75176 which has an almost identical part count (albeit with 3 minifigures).  Is this the first time that a snake has appeared in a Star Wars set; I don't recall seeing one before?

As someone else suggested, this Sandspeeder variant of the T-47 could be something from Battlefront II. It wouldn't surprise me if there was some sort of repainted variant for the Jakku maps they introduced. Could also be from the campaign. It doesn't seem like LEGO have any sets we know yet lined up for the release of BFII like they had for the last game (Battle Packs), so releasing a vehicle that's making its first appearance in that game would be a somewhat logical move to put something new out but also promote the game.

3 hours ago, SPACIBA said:

Yes, i was right haha, i like it so much. 

At the time, I was working off of an image that was barely 200 pixels tall. I guess that you can be happy about sheer guesswork if you want; you're free to choose.

24 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Total waste of shelf space. With any luck this will be the Walmart exclusive.

Since the finalized art was photographed at a Target, I doubt it. :P

Edited by Azani

Usually I don't comment unless an entire wave has been revealed, or a set gets me really interested. But I just have to say that sandspeeder is atrocious. Very lazy job on Lego's part, also lazy job on Disney's part if it is from TLJ. 

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Just backtracking to the D2Cs, as far as I'm aware there hasn't been any actual info about them beyond set numbers and speculation, so don't go holding your breath for a Y-Wing/ISD/Cloud City/whatever. I want these sets as much as anyone but getting hyped for one thing and then getting another is going to leave a sour taste in people's mouths.

You’re right :( 

Got kind of excited hearing about the y-wing

19 minutes ago, Lobot said:

So, the rumours of a Sandspeeder were correct....

It doesn't look too bad, essentially a re-colour of the latest system-scale Snowspeeder plus decent-sized moisture vaporator.  I could be tempted, but get the feeling this could be in £40 RRP territory based on 75176 which has an almost identical part count (albeit with 3 minifigures).  Is this the first time that a snake has appeared in a Star Wars set; I don't recall seeing one before?

Jabba's Sail Barge from 2006 came with a red snake.

This Sandspeeder looks just awful. So many ugly exposed studs, weird color and texture choices, and no new canopy or even new design features aside from the fins. The moisture evaporator looks really bad too, especially around the base... yeah, I don't like this set one bit.

The Rey and Kylo Ren Brickheadz are pretty sweet, though.

Just now, SCREDEYE said:

So how many sets are releasing in December then?

As far as I'm aware, from everything that I've seen, 75204 is the only Star Wars set that is slated for December.

Edited by Azani

I remember 75100 is basically just a landspeeder that flies over snow, which makes it a Snowspeeder.

Now we get 75204, which is a Snowspeeder that flies over sand, making it a Sandspeeder

Who names these things! :enough:

I'm actually really excited for the Sandspeeder! I love it when Lego delves into the "deep cuts" of Star Wars history like this. Basing it on an unreleased Kenner line from the 80's?! How cool is that?

Also, I assume this means we should get final pics of the rest of the winter wave soon. 

43 minutes ago, makoy said:

I remember 75100 is basically just a landspeeder that flies over snow, which makes it a Snowspeeder.

Now we get 75204, which is a Snowspeeder that flies over sand, making it a Sandspeeder

Who names these things! :enough:

Marketing teams initially, I believe, and fans wanted it. Now it's done intentionally in pre-production specifically for the fans.

I don't recall the names Shoretrooper, Chicken Walker, snowspeeder or cloud car actually being mentioned in the films.

And this set is unlikely TLJ and even if it is, Lego is not responsible for the source material, so I don't see how it's lazy. Most likely, given the odd release window its a Battlefront tie-in set.

Expect $40 USD, $50 CDN.

21 minutes ago, Brickweiser said:

Expect $40 USD, $50 CDN.

At 278 pieces, I'd expect more like $30 USD.

4 hours ago, jdubbs said:

At 278 pieces, I'd expect more like $30 USD.

The last 2 snowspeeders were rediculously overpriced, same for the phntom II and the escape pod which are all in the same size class. So i exspect they will charge 40€ for it in EU.

It won't sell well and i can pick it up at 25-30€ in 6 to 12 months after release.