MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

God I hope not the ISD... just managed to pick one up for $900 brand new/sealed and was planning on holding onto it awhile. If they re-release it I'll just have to bust this one open.

Edited by DanieGlass

new phasma leaked on IG ...

shoulder cape missing, has spear, new helmet print, but no image of what's under the lid ...

Just now, Tidy said:

new phasma leaked on IG ...

shoulder cape missing, has spear, new helmet print, but no image of what's under the lid ...

I like how they used the arrows for the spear. Maybe she will come with the shoulder cape in the set. 

2 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I like how they used the arrows for the spear. Maybe she will come with the shoulder cape in the set. 

i was 'worried' it was gonna just be a spear ... lol ...

that's what i am hoping too ... worst case they are $1.75[usd] on the bricklink ...

6 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

I'm pretty sure we have the full line up for the Supremacy battle set, very much looking forward to that!

pretty much agree ... i'm doubting we will see any praetorians now ... which blows ... but it is what it is ...maybe 2019 ... lol ...

Just now, Tidy said:

pretty much agree ... i'm doubting we will see any praetorians now ... which blows ... but it is what it is ...maybe 2019 ... lol ...

Or summer? 

49 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Or summer? 

i fear the april released will be our summer wave. 

Just saw that Phasma leaked pic, and she looks the same as 2015 version, probably cape is missing since it's leak and not official image. Spear is kinda creative, I expected standart staff in metallic ...

Edited by benderisgreat

Phasma's helmet is definitely new. The visor matches the setup for the Executioner Stormtrooper. Honestly, the printed black stripe to illustrate the sharp edge at the 'chin', specific to her helmet, already looked kinda weird on the 2015 version and it looks even worse here. I doubt they'd make a new mold for it, but I think her helmet is different enough. Just like the 2016 Stormtrooper buildable figure's helmet looked out of place, because the shape of that was actually Phasma's. 

Also, I know a lot of people don't want this, but I wish they'd changed the regular stormtrooper visors as well for the TLJ sets. The TFA version is not accurate to TLJ, it looks bad with Phasma and the Executioners and overall I prefer the new look (though I wish the grey grills were a bit more visible). I know army builders won't like this change but they've already changed the new TLJ troop variations to the new setup anyway. They should've stuck with the TFA print for all of the variations, or be more accurate to TLJ, but they went with this weird middle option.

Edited by JekPorkchops

I mentioned earlier, Lego probably should have stuck to a universal mouth print for all the FO stormtroopers. It would be like Lego deciding to change the printing for the OT stormtroopers to mach the difference in the armour for each movie, Like a full black mouth print for stories from empire and jedi.

Either way, need a Phasma considering i missed out on the first. Nice to see those spear pieces return!

First time posting.  I noticed there are two new Rebel Pilots in gray flight suits.  I dont know if this is for a 2017 or 2018 set, but I've been thinking that this could be for a Battlefront 2 set.  The game is coming out soon, and we got the 2 battlepacks for the last game.  If they are for a desert T-47 speeder, could it be from the Battle of Jakku?

The bolts give the new vs old Phasma away. Looking forward to it. Hopefully she gets more screen time in Ep VIII.

Not too sure on an ISD, why not release it this year and bump snow speeder to 2020 along with CCfor 40th Anniversary. Would've made more sense. 

Hopefully lego stop re-releasing these UCS sets, plenty of other sets they could do before another Y-wing or ISD...

1 hour ago, Darth Malgus said:

The bolts give the new vs old Phasma away. Looking forward to it. Hopefully she gets more screen time in Ep VIII.

Apologies, but what exactly are you making reference to? Is it an aspect of the figure's printing? I'm not a minifig connoisseur by any means...

@Tidy Possibly, but I'd honestly be very surprised if that happened. There's active support for the franchise via numerous extant media tie-ins oustide of the films themselves, and TLG wouldn't risk losing out on the cash that SW brings in. 

Edited by Azani

31 minutes ago, Darth Malgus said:

Not too sure on an ISD, why not release it this year and bump snow speeder to 2020 along with CCfor 40th Anniversary. Would've made more sense. 

My guess is that they didn't want to overshadow the new UCS Falcon this year, and I think it's also evidence of a new marketing strategy.  If you look at the last couple of years, they've released a (relatively) low cost set for May 4th (e.g. Insult on Hoth & Snowspeeder) followed by a more expensive version for the winter (e.g. DS 1.01 & Falcon).  If that follows into next year, both of the new rumoured sets could be possible.  Personally, I think it's a good move, as I can buy both each year without feeling too guilty! :laugh: 

Where did the Y-wing rumour come from? I'd only heard about SSD/ISD and CC before LucasLucas said about a Y-wing...

1 hour ago, Darth Malgus said:

Hopefully lego stop re-releasing these UCS sets, plenty of other sets they could do before another Y-wing or ISD...

Not going to lie, I'm hoping that TLG keeps re-releasing at least one UCS every couple of years. It's phenomenal to have a reasonable shot at owning a beloved ship; that said, more consistent re-releases would be overkill.

28 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Where did the Y-wing rumour come from? I'd only heard about SSD/ISD and CC before LucasLucas said about a Y-wing...

IIRC it started up well before this topic opened - I believe that one has been rumored for a while.

2 hours ago, Azani said:

IIRC it started up well before this topic opened - I believe that one has been rumored for a while.

Ah fair enough, I like the idea of remaking (can we please stop saying rerelease...cause it's really not) a UCS set every so often. Especially when they hit the 10+ years like the Snowspeeder and the Falcon.

based on that some UCS sets that would be amazing to redo would be the ISD, the Tantive IV, the AT-ST and of course Cloud City.

am I crazy though in wanting an exterior model of cloud city? A playset would be fine, but that could be done in a smaller set or two, but a model of the city exterior would be amazing.

Edited by Whovastron

Just now, Whovastron said:

Ah fair enough, I like the idea of remaking (can we please stop saying rerelease...cause it's really not) a UCS set every so often. Especially when they hit the 10+ years like the Snowspeeder and the Falcon.

based on that some UCS sets that would be amazing to redo would be the ISD, the Tantive IV, the AT-ST and of course Cloud City.

am I crazy though in wanting an exterior model of cloud city? A playset would be fine, but that could be done in a smaller set or two, but a model of the city exterior would be amazing.

It's not crazy to want that, although for the price it will surely end up being, I'm sure many folks would expect a smattering of playset scenes with it. And I'm really starting to get the feeling that Han Solo (formerly known as the Untitled Han Solo film) will take us back to Cloud City.... making the case for a new CC set release next year much stronger. 

Don't see much difference in the new Phasma fig. They say the mouth lines are thinner and the eyes are shorter... I am happy to stick with TFA's Phasma. 

On 03/11/2017 at 11:21 AM, Whovastron said:

Why would it be when there's already Luke's landspeeder on the market?

I didn't know.  I have to say I'm a little worried about the minifugure selection for the new Cantina.

I had hoped that the Stormtroopers would be from Luke's Speeder set, but now I know it's been released it's pretty obvious they will be from the Cantina which brings us to 5 minifigures. I hope what we have seen isn't all we are getting.  I mean, no Bith or Ponda Baba and Dr. Evazan.  Although my most wanted character was Wuher from the Cantina so I am happy with that. 

1 hour ago, darththeling said:

It's not crazy to want that, although for the price it will surely end up being, I'm sure many folks would expect a smattering of playset scenes with it. And I'm really starting to get the feeling that Han Solo (formerly known as the Untitled Han Solo film) will take us back to Cloud City.... making the case for a new CC set release next year much stronger. 

Don't see much difference in the new Phasma fig. They say the mouth lines are thinner and the eyes are shorter... I am happy to stick with TFA's Phasma. 

Just "Solo". :)

Honestly, Lego could be making so much money if they did some releases of the MTT, AAT, Clones, and other classic vehicles to coincide with the release of Battlefront 2. There are still some exclusives that we don't know about  so we can only hope!!

UCS Imperial Star Destroyer would be amazing if that's the rumor. I've been waiting for a huge Star Destroyer to display next to my Force Awakens Falcon for a while now! Lego has a way of surprising us so I'm excited.

Lastly, one set that would be awesome to rerelease would be a non UCS Slave 1, like the 2010 verson or an Anakin vs Obi-wan set the size of Duel on Naboo . Hopefully someday.....

75181 (May) 75222 (October)

75181 Ucs Y wing D2C

75222 Ucs ISD / Cloud City

(Zulu and Pegasus) Code names

CONFIDENTIAL_DTC CC – LEGO® 75222

All of this information should be treated as rumour until an official announcement is made by the LEGO Group