MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

Is there any word on if there'll be any Star Wars Rebels sets coming out in 2018? I wouldn't mind if a new version of the Ghost set was done.

6 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

New Vader - yay for the helmet, but the torso seems too skinny on this one, but I think it may just be the angle. Need better photos. I passed on the last one, mainly because of how wide and disproportionate the torso looked, hopefully I don't pass this one up too.

Obviously these are still preliminary images - I imagine the final torso will very different. After seeing Maul, I’m a bit disappointed they didn’t go for the clone wars version with the Greivous style robot legs - that would have been a cool looking build!

1 hour ago, fire117 said:

Is there any word on if there'll be any Star Wars Rebels sets coming out in 2018? I wouldn't mind if a new version of the Ghost set was done.

Not any that are known.

The helmets from those two grey pilots were in rebels on y-wing pilots so they might be from a rebels set.

Just now, Agent Kallus said:

Not any that are known.

The helmets from those two grey pilots were in rebels on y-wing pilots so they might be from a rebels set.

I hope we get some, among them a new Ghost set.

Just now, fire117 said:

I hope we get some, among them a new Ghost set.

Rebellions are built on hope.

I mean they did do at least one set per season so even if it takes a while I'm sure that we'll get at least one set for season 4, Hopefully with Sabine's new armour and a s3/S4 Ezra and Zeb.

Just now, Agent Kallus said:

Rebellions are built on hope.

I mean they did do at least one set per season so even if it takes a while I'm sure that we'll get at least one set for season 4, Hopefully with Sabine's new armour and a s3/S4 Ezra and Zeb.

We better get more than 1 set, I rather get Star Wars Rebels sets than ones of The Last Jedi wave, and one set includes Kallus, Rukh and Grand Admiral Thrawn.

21 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Not any that are known.

They are? Hmm, then it would confirm even more if those pilots are in a rebels set, as Rebels often re-uses animation models and paint jobs!

They are? Hmm, then it would confirm even more if those pilots are in a rebels set, as Rebels often re-uses animation models and paint jobs!

Sorry after a second look it might not be a perfect match.

38068783042_441d48aca6.jpg

Edited by Agent Kallus

4 hours ago, jake0324demo said:

According to the December 2017 lego calendar, there will be a new darth vader pod polybag that will be a free gift if you spend $60 or more on star wars lego, and it runs from december 15-Janurary 14.

Thanks for the info. I think this pod has no unique element at all? Even the black pod is already used in Batman. The Darth Vader minifigure looks like the same one we previously got (unless there is a different headpiece... but I'm not counting on it).

Of the buildable figures, Boba Fett and Maul are must-haves for me. I dig the new armor piece and head mold for Maul but his lightsaber hilt is too long. Boba looks pretty good, I'm kicking myself now for not getting Jango now I feel like I need him to go with Boba. Vader is still such an unnecessary waste of a figure slot, the helmet gimmick is cool but the rest of the figure just looks awful in comparison to the one we already have. Especially those legs, yeesh. Oh well, saves my wallet a bit.

5 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

Obviously these are still preliminary images - I imagine the final torso will very different. After seeing Maul, I’m a bit disappointed they didn’t go for the clone wars version with the Greivous style robot legs - that would have been a cool looking build!

I agree, that would've been awesome but I think the movie version was certainly to be expected. I do wish they used a different torso piece for him though I know it will look much better in final renders, not to mention the pose they have him in is a terrible angle.

3 hours ago, makoy said:

Thanks for the info. I think this pod has no unique element at all? Even the black pod is already used in Batman. The Darth Vader minifigure looks like the same one we previously got (unless there is a different headpiece... but I'm not counting on it).

Picture of the calendar?

I want the Pod!!!

I hope a Cloud City UCS are true! The ONLY scene lacking a decent set is Luke VS Vader in ESB - this was my favourite lightsaber duel out of them all and to not have it in physical form gets to me.

The old Cloud City doesn't count.. :P

3 hours ago, LegoAndDisney said:

I hope a Cloud City UCS are true! The ONLY scene lacking a decent set is Luke VS Vader in ESB - this was my favourite lightsaber duel out of them all and to not have it in physical form gets to me.

ONLY? only! :pir_laugh2:

19 hours ago, makoy said:

Just comparing the color of Vader and the pod, the pod appears to be gunmetal, not black.

3 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

Just comparing the color of Vader and the pod, the pod appears to be gunmetal, not black.

Ohh, thanks for the info. I looks black from the blurry calendar picture. 

Good to hear it's different.

On 01/11/2017 at 4:53 PM, Agent Kallus said:

Sorry after a second look it might not be a perfect match.

38068783042_441d48aca6.jpg

Yea, the red helmet belongs to Jon D. Branon in ANH and the other is a Tierfon Aces helmet seen in TFA but also seen in Lego media Droid Tales and Freemaker Adventures.

Edited by Brickweiser
Name edit, not Jon Deere ... Jon D

The two rebel pilots are from grey squadron, i think are part of the set "sandspeeder" a snowspeeder in brown colors. Are part of star wars legends

8 minutes ago, SPACIBA said:

The two rebel pilots are from grey squadron, i think are part of the set "sandspeeder" a snowspeeder in brown colors. Are part of star wars legends

Just to clarify, are you saying that you think that there will be two rebel pilots in the T-47 Sandspeeder, and that it will be Legends based?

Only one pilot, IIRC.

Edited by Azani

1 hour ago, Brickweiser said:

Yea, the red helmet belongs to Jon D. Branon in ANH and the other is a Tierfon Aces helmet seen in TFA but also seen in Lego media Droid Tales and Freemaker Adventures.

The one in Freemaker Adventures is diferent, it have a grey part in the top. look https://goo.gl/images/HC1NH8

2 hours ago, SPACIBA said:

Well, one pilot and one gunner maybe

Look at this: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sandspeeder

And in the 2018 list i have seen a sandspeeder set

17207300.jpg.square-true_maxheight-285_size-285.jpg

No, I know what you mean by "Sandspeeder", and what we're getting next year - I simply wanted to clarify because I didn't quite understand your sentence right away. I appreciate that.

And yes, we do know that there will be a "Sandspeeder" set in 2018.

EDIT: Aw yeah. :)

Edited by Azani

33 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Wait so the Sandspeeder isn't for Luke and Obi?

No, it's sort of olive or beige colored, and it's definitely a T-47. I still remember only one humanoid figure - I was pretty sure that it was one guy and one droid.

3 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Wait so the Sandspeeder isn't for Luke and Obi?

Why would it be when there's already Luke's landspeeder on the market?