MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

54 minutes ago, Azani said:

Did he literally promise it, or did he hint at it/wish for it? It may have been a lucky guess.

Insider knowledge.

53 minutes ago, Renegade Clone said:

Insider knowledge.

Alright, if you're so certain...

Just now, Azani said:

Alright, if you're so certain...

I am far from certain but the chap was spot on with the Taj-Mahal, which is somewhat of a surprise re-release.

7 minutes ago, Renegade Clone said:

I am far from certain but the chap was spot on with the Taj-Mahal, which is somewhat of a surprise re-release.

No, for sure; he might be, and I hope that he is. I just wouldn't assume that he's necessarily correct on this one, because a new SSD has been at the top of a lot of wish lists for some time now...

28 minutes ago, Azani said:

No, for sure; he might be, and I hope that he is. I just wouldn't assume that he's necessarily correct on this one, because a new SSD has been at the top of a lot of wish lists for some time now...

The SSD was the whole reason I got back into Lego, but by the time I saved up to get it, it was gone. I’d love to have another shot at it, but I’m not sure how many others feel the same way. The first SSD was not all that long ago...

This is a guy who's only contribution to LEGO news is the Taj Mahal. I didn't believe him about it then, and as far as I'm concerned it was a lucky guess and now he's trying to milk his 15 minutes of fame. I'm not holding my breath for a new SSD.

It seems a little early to be re-releasing the SSD. I think most fans would prefer a new ISD (and that was a hint on the falcon box). 

43 minutes ago, will said:

It seems a little early to be re-releasing the SSD. I think most fans would prefer a new ISD (and that was a hint on the falcon box). 

So in total the rumoured UCS sets for next year are the SSD and Cloud City?  That's not bad at all.:wub:

Hopefully if we do get the SSD it will include Zuckuss.

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

So in total the rumoured UCS sets for next year are the SSD and Cloud City?  That's not bad at all.:wub:

Hopefully if we do get the SSD it will include Zuckuss.

Well at least one of those isn't right. Apparently.

Edited by Robianco

12 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

Supremacy is Snoke's ship, and at that 59,99$ price and time release it's most likely gonna be a playset involving Rey, Snoke and hopefully some praetorian guards. 

And that SOLO movie ''villain ship'' priced at 69,99 awefully sounds like a TIE too.

I like that wave so far!

I highly doubt Supremacy battle will include either Snoke or Rey. Rather that scene from trailer where Finn in FO disguise duels Phasma. Rose and 1 or 2 Executioner Stormtroopers make sense for this set too: 4-5 minifigures for 60$.

7 hours ago, will said:

I absolutely would. ISD is long over due, it’d be a rerelease of a 16 year set come next year, which is a huge gap. Practically unheard of, and it would definitely make waves. I know I would buy one. In addition, prices would drop abundantly for originals. 

Then again, Lego replaced the Death Star with a “rerelease.” I guess either option is viable to them 

I would buy a ISD in an instant. Maybe they could go the Falcon route and allow you to make both the Imperial I and Imperial II class. I would love that, maybe include accessories other than a blockade runner; a Falcon to put on the bridge? Battle damage parts? So many possibilities.

I'd also love a blockade Runner revamp, or Tydirium

2 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

I absolutely would. ISD is long over due, it’d be a rerelease of a 16 year set come next year, which is a huge gap. Practically unheard of, and it would definitely make waves. I know I would buy one. In addition, prices would drop abundantly for originals. 

Then again, Lego replaced the Death Star with a “rerelease.” I guess either option is viable to them 

Keep in mind the Death Star playset was of sound design while the UCS ISD is regarded as one of the most flimsy Star Wars sets. I'd expect a redesign utilizing modern methods.

1 hour ago, Helghan said:

Keep in mind the Death Star playset was of sound design while the UCS ISD is regarded as one of the most flimsy Star Wars sets. I'd expect a redesign utilizing modern methods.

As long as it’s scaled similarly or even larger, I wouldn’t mind. The original, however structurally flawed, is a sight to behold.

15 minutes ago, DrasticPlastic said:

I would be delighted if we got a new super star destroyer UCS...but don’t release the mediocre last one. Redesign it and get it right this time.

I second this. But based on the Snowspeeder and the Falcon, it seems redesign is exactly their intent with the Star Wars UCS line.

i know both UCS sets in 2017 were redesigns (I refuse to say rerelease) but I think it would be cool to go forward for a few years with a '1 redesign, 1 original' approach.

Well I was wrong when I said I thought phasma was the only major character left to be leaked. A new Poe leaked with the new hair/headgear mold leaked. It looks pretty good 

Edited by Falconfan1414

25 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Well I was wrong when I said I thought phasma was the only major character left to be leaked. A new Poe leaked with the new hair/headgear mold leaked. It looks pretty good 

Wonder what the odds are he is in the other dual microfighter, im pretty sure its a mini crait speeder vs something first order thats what the "carver" codename stands for, crait skimmer

Glad to see there's still some reveals left regarding the leaked figures. The new headgear looks good on Poe and its nice to see him appearing in more sets. Hopefully there's also a new General Leia waiting to be revealed from the Crait set.

New Vader - yay for the helmet, but the torso seems too skinny on this one, but I think it may just be the angle. Need better photos. I passed on the last one, mainly because of how wide and disproportionate the torso looked, hopefully I don't pass this one up too.

According to the December 2017 lego calendar, there will be a new darth vader pod polybag that will be a free gift if you spend $60 or more on star wars lego, and it runs from december 15-Janurary 14.