MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

4 hours ago, Robianco said:

Not forgettting the full name of Mos Eisley’s most dubious watering hole is Chalmun’s Cantina. Hey... if we’re going to pin the chances of sets on every source or rumour we hear then we can’t rule out this CC can we? :)

Obviously if there are figures circulating now that are legit then they won’t be from a Dec 2018 release.

Either of these sets in a decent scale would be fantastic. 

It’s most likely that LEGO would use “Mos Eisley Cantina” as opposed to “Chalmun’s Cantina” because that’s more recognizable. I’m still hoping for Cloud City. We need a REAL Carbonite freezing chamber!

I think a UCS Cantina is pretty unlikely... it doesn't have much in the way of play value (one brief skirmish with a lightsaber does not an "action feature" make) and even the display value is questionable... just looking at the larger-scale MOCs out there, it boils down to a single plane of very similar interconnected rooms, with no exterior architecture to speak of. The main appeal would be the minifigures, but I doubt LEGO is going to cram a dozen new head molds into a single set, which is what it would take to do this right. (Even the Death Star, with its 2 dozen minifigs, had only a handful of new molds.)

A Cloud City or Endor Bunker Attack playset seem like more obvious UCS choices. My guess is that LEGO does a retailer-exclusive rehash of the last Cantina set, possibly mirrored so that it can connect to the existing set, with the same Dewback and minus the Landspeeder, since it was already released this year.

30 minutes ago, BorisBritva77 said:

All the info i found about future star wars sets. 

shocker. we've known that for a while. and it is in this thread and the NEWS one ... 

2 hours ago, Tidy said:

shocker. we've known that for a while. and it is in this thread and the NEWS one ... 

We?! Who are these ones?!XD

Right. You can find look through 37 pages of emotions and sometimes find pieces of information or just look at this convenient table and be happy XD

5 minutes ago, BorisBritva77 said:

Right. You can find look through 37 pages of emotions and sometimes find pieces of information or just look at this convenient table and be happy XD

'we', the collective 'we' that gets tossed around too much ...

the 'table' has darn near been posted verbatim, not even 10 pages ago ... right down to the misspellings ... ;-)

Just now, DEAD1974 said:

I am curious about that new Falcon

at this point that set being a MF is just a wild a$$ guess ...

Just now, Tidy said:

at this point that set being a MF is just a wild a$$ guess ...

it is, but there is a big chance that the LEGO will create it since it was announced for the Solo movie ... since the MF is a big milking cow for eternity

23 hours ago, Jedibob said:

I got my information of a Dutch source  

Which one?

Because there's one Dutch source who got the info...from EuroBricks.

18 minutes ago, DEAD1974 said:

it is, but there is a big chance that the LEGO will create it since it was announced for the Solo movie ... since the MF is a big milking cow for eternity

where was it announced?

Just now, Tidy said:

where was it announced?

There's the cast photo which is taken inside the Falcon, plus a couple of set pix.

Just now, Jedi-Bendu said:

There's the cast photo which is taken inside the Falcon, plus a couple of set pix.

well, then it is official, another lego MF ... =/

39 minutes ago, Tidy said:

'we', the collective 'we' that gets tossed around too much ...

the 'table' has darn near been posted verbatim, not even 10 pages ago ... right down to the misspellings ... ;-)

Ok. I understood. By "we" you mean yourself XD

So, what's the problem?) Use the table you have seen 10 pages ago an keep calmXD

3 hours ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

<snip>

sorry it is a Belgian site not Dutch 

Edited by MKJoshA
Don't link to leak sites

8 hours ago, BorisBritva77 said:

You know, we actually have a more accurate and properly formatted news thread for that exact purpose. Funny how that works, right?

Regardless, that "update" of yours probably contains falsified information. You might consider checking the sources that back it.

Edited by Azani

7 hours ago, BorisBritva77 said:

All the info i found about future star wars sets.

<snip>

1 hour ago, Jedibob said:

<snip>

sorry it is a Belgian site not Dutch 

Don't post or link leaked pictures like that. Even if it's just a list of sets. We don't want to get in trouble with TLG.

Supremacy is Snoke's ship, and at that 59,99$ price and time release it's most likely gonna be a playset involving Rey, Snoke and hopefully some praetorian guards. 

And that SOLO movie ''villain ship'' priced at 69,99 awefully sounds like a TIE too.

I like that wave so far!

Edited by RetroInferno

Just now, RetroInferno said:

Supremacy is Snoke's ship, and at that 59,99$ price and time release it's most likely gonna be a playset involving Rey, Snoke and hopefully some praetorian guards. 

And that SOLO movie ''villain ship'' priced at 69,99 awefully sounds like a TIE too.

I like that wave so far!

It's all but confirmed that that is the set with Finn, Rose and the executioner stormtroopers.

Oooooh, a new Cloud City rumor. Hopefully it'll deliver, if y'all have seen me post on these boards before, you'll know the one set I want most is a new Cloud City set. The Supremacy Battle set sounds intriguing, but one would hope it'd have Snoke or some Praetorian Guards at least. The set having Rose, Finn and some executioner stormtroopers would be pretty disappointing, in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, Renegade Clone said:

Apparently, the chap who accurately predicted the re-release of the Taj-Mahal set has stated the SSD will be re-released in 2018! 

Meh. I guess if there's one thing, it might finally give us a Zuckuss minifig that we've been drawing ever closer to.

Just now, Deathstroke77 said:

Meh. I guess if there's one thing, it might finally give us a Zuckuss minifig that we've been drawing ever closer to.

If it's truly a re-release like the Taj Mahal, it would be identical to the original, so no new minifigs... though I do hope they would at least give us the current versions of the minifigs that came with the set.

54 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

If it's truly a re-release like the Taj Mahal, it would be identical to the original, so no new minifigs... though I do hope they would at least give us the current versions of the minifigs that came with the set.

If it is true, a line-up of new versions of the Bounty Hunters and Admiral Piett would be a must.

1 hour ago, Renegade Clone said:

Apparently, the chap who accurately predicted the re-release of the Taj-Mahal set has stated the SSD will be re-released in 2018! 

Did he literally promise it, or did he hint at it/wish for it? It may have been a lucky guess.