MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

I think the biggest leak left is phasma if she does indeed come in the Finn rose undercover set. Other than that my guess is just probably generic pilots and stuff like that

Has anyone heard anything about whether the Solo sets will have their own box art? It would seem a bit odd if they used the TLJ red and white artwork, so maybe two different designs will run concurrently. I noticed Yoda's hut, which apparently is coming out with the Solo sets, had the TLJ artwork on the leaked catalogue image...

Perhaps I am giving too much thought to boxes! :wacko:

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I think the biggest leak left is phasma if she does indeed come in the Finn rose undercover set. Other than that my guess is just probably generic pilots and stuff like that

I think there is a Phasma leak from someone who leaked more picture of Luke and Executioners:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BatLNshAs7A/

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think there is a Phasma leak from someone who leaked more picture of Luke and Executioners:

It's a custom :wink: I highly doubt they'd use Leias OT face for her :grin: Besides, it's not even clear whether we're gonna see Phasmas face in TLJ, that was just a behind the scenes/ promo pic...

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The fellow who took the photograph straight-up said that it was custom and denied that it was a leak. Which I appreciate, because it's not an incredible figure.

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 4:12 PM, Azani said:

It's important to keep in mind that, as of this post, there is zero credible evidence to suggest a new cantina in 2018. All we have is the word of ForceGhostSolo on a few unusual-looking and poorly photographed minifigures.

For all of you salivating... I have heard rumors of a new Cantina as well...but not from a source inside the company.  Of course, when we have a bit more confirmation, I'll post things in the 2018 NEWS topic.  I honestly don't feel like going through every week though to see who was right, who was wrong, and who was full of shit.  I got better things to do...like build and work!

35 minutes ago, Stash2Sixx said:

For all of you salivating... I have heard rumors of a new Cantina as well...but not from a source inside the company.  Of course, when we have a bit more confirmation, I'll post things in the 2018 NEWS topic.  I honestly don't feel like going through every week though to see who was right, who was wrong, and who was full of shit.  I got better things to do...like build and work!

Thank you for the clarification. :)

Its not over yet. We still haven't seen leaked pictures Ki-Adi-Mundi, Dagobah Luke, Yoda or Coleman Trebor (or whichever character he's placeholding) yet. I find it hard to imagine the FO Finn/Rose set won't include a Phasma either given how the trailer showcased their big dual.

12 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

now how would that look better? The old pants were horrible, because we got 90% white pants, even though most of them are covered by boots & coat in reality. Yes, side leg printing would be better, but dual molding wouldn't work at all. Then he would still lack his darker boots & 50% of his legs would be white - which is way 2 much again.

the perfect way for ALL Jedi figures would be dual molded legs (boots and pants) AND a cloth piece for the coat/robe.

It makes more sense for the boots and tunic to be dual molded with the pants being printed in the middle.

A lot of Jedi don't really require dual molding though. The main ones that do are Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Mace, but others like Anakin, Ahsoka and Plo Koon can get away with the printed pants technique used on the new Mace and Quinlan Vos figures.

sw746.png

On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:05 AM, wesker said:

Its not over yet. We still haven't seen leaked pictures Ki-Adi-Mundi, Dagobah Luke, Yoda or Coleman Trebor (or whichever character he's placeholding) yet. I find it hard to imagine the FO Finn/Rose set won't include a Phasma either given how the trailer showcased their big dual.

It makes more sense for the boots and tunic to be dual molded with the pants being printed in the middle.

A lot of Jedi don't really require dual molding though. The main ones that do are Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Mace, but others like Anakin, Ahsoka and Plo Koon can get away with the printed pants technique used on the new Mace and Quinlan Vos figures.

*Snip*

Is the Jedi BP from the movies then or is it Clone Wars? 

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images

15 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

There were a few leaks about a week ago. One of them was of Han, Greedo, and Wuher... seems a bit coincidental that they'd all be in the same set, don't ya think...? :wink:

Don't think this is common knowledge, as it is near impossible to see the astromech head behind Wedge Antilles in ANH and I'm not sure LEGO did this on purpose. HOWEVER, there is a reason to purchase that Tatooine Battle pack twice: once for R3-T2 and the other for Wedge Antillies' astromech at the Battle of Yavin. See picture below. I'm probably going to purchase another red/white astromech body and throw the head on top. Picture is taken from Angelfire's astromech collection website.

wedge1.jpg

So with the Solo wave supposedly coming out in spring, do people think that the "winter" wave will hit all markets simultaneously, or will there be a staggered release/delay in North America again?  That happened two times in a row, so I'm sure it was intentional, but if TLG goes that route again, there could be a pile-up of sets around April/May, and Last Jedi sets would be competing with Solo merch.  I'm not good at waiting as it is, so I hope we'll start to see some of these sets by late December.  :blush:

EDIT: There's an eBay store of dubious legality already selling 2018 Star Wars minifigures in the US, so I'd imagine that the Last Jedi sets are coming soon for us all.  I hope...
I was underwhelmed  by the first wave (generally speaking--however, the Resistance Bomber is awesome), and I have cautiously high hopes for 2018.

Edited by RogueTwo

Just now, Jedibob said:

I read something about lego cloud city or Endor base at the end of 2018 ? Does anyone know about this ?

Never heard anything about this. Where'd you read this?

2 hours ago, Terrasher said:

Never heard anything about this. Where'd you read this?

There will be 2 DTC sets:

75181 DTC – July 2018

75222 CC DTC – December 2018

CC..... Cloud City?

Just now, Jedibob said:

I got my information of a Dutch source  

so if your source is correct it would a very nice surprise

1 hour ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

There will be 2 DTC sets:

75181 DTC – July 2018

75222 CC DTC – December 2018

CC..... Cloud City?

That's interesting, although the release dates don't seem to correspond with the standard pattern of the last few years.  Apart from Slave 1, which was delayed if I recall correctly, they've followed a near-constant May & October cycle (below).  It seems a bit odd that TLG wouldn't have anything scheduled for the May 4th, but perhaps they want to concentrate on the production of the UCS Falcon to catch up with the backlog of orders.  I've seen a couple of comments elsewhere about a Cloud City for 2018, but it didn't seem to have any substance so I just accepted it as wishful thinking.... it would be great though! :wub:

10225 R2-D2 May 2012
10227 B-Wing Oct 2012
10240 X-Wing May 2013
10236 Ewok Village Sept 2013
75059 Sandcrawler May 2014
75060 Slave 1 Jan 2015
75095 TIE Fighter May 2015
75098 Assault On Hoth May 2016
75159 Death Star Oct 2016
75144 Snowspeeder May 2017
75192 Millennium Falcon Oct 2017

I think it would make sense to delay at least the May UCS set to July, given the cramped released of Winter sets and Solo sets in April/May?

8 hours ago, Jedibob said:

I read something about lego cloud city or Endor base at the end of 2018 ? Does anyone know about this ?

If that’s true then this will be the D2C sets in a long time.

any word of any other minifigures that will be in the new cantina?

Edited by Legofan2001

1 hour ago, Legofan2001 said:

If that’s true then this will be the D2C sets in a long time.

any word if any other minifigures will be in the new cantina?

I'm assuming we won't be getting Luke or Obi as we'll be getting them in the new sandspeeder. 

Confirmed we have Wuher, Han and Greedo.  I'd guess 2 Bith Band and the 2 aliens at the bar who tried fighting Luke (I forget their names).  Of course that is just an educated guess.  

The old cantina was a great set in itself, but the minifigure choice was extremely poor.  It was litrally the perfect opportunity to give us some really obscure characters but instead all we got was updated versions of characters we already had multiple versions of (Besides Greedo).  The only new character we got was the Bith Band members but they are technically the same figure just with different instruments.  I felt like we didn't even need 3 of those in that set, at most 2.  At least then it would of left room for 1 more obscure character. 

Edited by Legoman123

On 10/28/2017 at 9:10 AM, Evolved Turtle said:

There were a few leaks about a week ago. One of them was of Han, Greedo, and Wuher... seems a bit coincidental that they'd all be in the same set, don't ya think...? :wink:

My info came a few months ago...but I'm not one to start rumors unless I know for a fact.

But yes, a "QUALITY" cantina is WAYYYYYYYY overdue.  I think we need a kick ass Cantina set before another version of a Cloud City.  Yup, I actually said that.  Sorry, I'm sure some of you are cussing me out right now...Actually sorry, not sorry.

2 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

My info came a few months ago...but I'm not one to start rumors unless I know for a fact.

But yes, a "QUALITY" cantina is WAYYYYYYYY overdue.  I think we need a kick megablocks Cantina set before another version of a Cloud City.  Yup, I actually said that.  Sorry, I'm sure some of you are cussing me out right now...Actually sorry, not sorry.

Well if the 'CC' DTC for December 2018 is anything to go by then we will be getting this after the Cantina.:wink:

Do you have any idea what the new cantina will be priced at?

Not forgettting the full name of Mos Eisley’s most dubious watering hole is Chalmun’s Cantina. Hey... if we’re going to pin the chances of sets on every source or rumour we hear then we can’t rule out this CC can we? :)

Obviously if there are figures circulating now that are legit then they won’t be from a Dec 2018 release.

Either of these sets in a decent scale would be fantastic.