MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

31 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

He does look good - too good! I've been steering clear of prequel sets, but the wealth of new Jedi heading our way is very tempting. This will also mean I need to go back and pick up luminara, quinlan and Aayla to complete the collection!

Also, the new astromech from the battlepack seems a bit strange with the mismatched colours. Will be checking of he relates to anything on screen. 

Edit: quick Google reveals he's R3-T2. He'll be back! 

https://flic.kr/p/ZJQNAs

good catch !!!

Do we have a list of sets we are getting then? I feel I've heard so much that I've lost track of what is true and what isn't.:laugh:  Is it a winter or summer set that is Mos Eisley? 

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

Do we have a list of sets we are getting then? I feel I've heard so much that I've lost track of what is true and what isn't.:laugh:  Is it a winter or summer set that is Mos Eisley? 

It's important to keep in mind that, as of this post, there is zero credible evidence to suggest a new cantina in 2018. All we have is the word of ForceGhostSolo on a few unusual-looking and poorly photographed minifigures.

1 hour ago, Azani said:

It's important to keep in mind that, as of this post, there is zero credible evidence to suggest a new cantina in 2018. All we have is the word of ForceGhostSolo on a few unusual-looking and poorly photographed minifigures.

Is there a link to these photos? I would be interested to see them for myself. 

37 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Is there a link to these photos? I would be interested to see them for myself. 

I believe they were just Han Solo (anh), Wuhler the Cantina patron/bartender which led to speculation about a Han Solo movie Lego set or a new cantina. Honestly, there was nothing to indicate the figures were new or exclusive.

Just now, Mahtion said:

I believe they were just Han Solo (anh), Wuhler the Cantina patron/bartender which led to speculation about a Han Solo movie Lego set or a new cantina. Honestly, there was nothing to indicate the figures were new or exclusive.

I sent Legoman123 a link, and yup, that's pretty much what I was thinking as well. There are a couple of Ninjago 2018 minifigures in the image, but that doesn't explicitly mean that the others are new as well.

Edited by Azani

A picture of new Mace Window and also new Phase 2 Clone trooper. Is he from Geonosis BP or is he also from Grievous/Mace set?

Edited by benderisgreat

42 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

A picture of new Mace Window floating around also has new Phase 2 Clone trooper. Is he from Geonosis BP or is he also from Grievous/Mace set?

That clone trooper first appeared in the 2017 Republic Fighter Tank set. I hope he isn't in either set, though. Not generic enough.

The Greedo with Wuher and Han also had different leg printing that either of the previously released versions. Han was the DS version but I couldn’t place any part of Wuher from any previously released figures.

It’s all conjecture at the moment and people like to play games like this placing iffy figures with leaked figures (remember Bespin Lando?) but these might still be legit.

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

Mace Window floating around

That's rude since Mace didn't quite float when he was blasted through that window in Revenge of the Sith.

:laugh:

Bald minifigs just look incomplete imo. I've never liked Mace Windu in minifig form for that reason. A hairpiece, mask, helmet, etc really does add a lot of character. 

Mixed reaction to the new Mace Windu minifigure. On the positive side the new torso and leg printing look like a great improvement over the last one. The way they've separated the tunic, pants and boots on the legs are a nice touch. But I do think this is one of those cases where the figure really needed side-leg printing. It looks incomplete without it and makes the Star Wars line feel like its falling behind when the technique is common in other themes like Superheroes.

Its also disappointing to see he's reusing the same head as FO Officer Finn. One thing I've always disliked about the movie Mace minifigures is how plain the face prints have always been. As horrible as the anime eyes were on the Clone Wars figure, the extra detail did capture the characteristics of Mace's face better than any of the others have.

Its good to see the Astromech from the battlepack will be yet another based off the many background droids in the films, and it looks like the Jawa will be sporting a new torso print from the two Sandcrawler variants.

Hmmm, I need to start checking back here more often :p

So, the Luke minifig is... ok. I actually really like the torso print and face print, but my big gripe is the hair. It doesn't fit the figure at all. It's really just the front of the hairpiece really, it's way too tall - while Luke's hair does take that kind of shape, it's nowhere near as towering as that. It just makes the figure look strange. However, I'm sure there'll be a hairpiece out there that can rectify that. The new Mace is really everything I could've hoped for, it's fantastic.

The prospect of a cheap Ahch-To set really excites me, since I kind of would've expected LEGO to slap a high price tag on a set that'd undoubtedly contain Jedi Training Rey and probably the most sought after figure of the TLJ line, Luke. Honestly I wouldn't be too disappointed if we didn't get Porgs in that set, but it would be nice to have 3 minifigs in that set, or something like some Porgs that'd equate to the standard 3 minifigs. Perhaps one of the Caretakers could make for an interesting figure. I feel like I've talked about another Mos Eisley recently here before, but this also excites me as someone who stupidly didn't buy the 2014 version. I'd love to see another version brought out.

2 hours ago, wesker said:

Mixed reaction to the new Mace Windu minifigure. On the positive side the new torso and leg printing look like a great improvement over the last one. The way they've separated the tunic, pants and boots on the legs are a nice touch. But I do think this is one of those cases where the figure really needed side-leg printing. It looks incomplete without it and makes the Star Wars line feel like its falling behind when the technique is common in other themes like Superheroes.

Its also disappointing to see he's reusing the same head as FO Officer Finn. One thing I've always disliked about the movie Mace minifigures is how plain the face prints have always been. As horrible as the anime eyes were on the Clone Wars figure, the extra detail did capture the characteristics of Mace's face better than any of the others have.

Its good to see the Astromech from the battlepack will be yet another based off the many background droids in the films, and it looks like the Jawa will be sporting a new torso print from the two Sandcrawler variants.

Does Mace use the same head? That's too bad, man...

1 hour ago, Deathstroke77 said:

Hmmm, I need to start checking back here more often :p

So, the Luke minifig is... ok. I actually really like the torso print and face print, but my big gripe is the hair. It doesn't fit the figure at all. It's really just the front of the hairpiece really, it's way too tall - while Luke's hair does take that kind of shape, it's nowhere near as towering as that. It just makes the figure look strange. However, I'm sure there'll be a hairpiece out there that can rectify that. The new Mace is really everything I could've hoped for, it's fantastic.

The prospect of a cheap Ahch-To set really excites me, since I kind of would've expected LEGO to slap a high price tag on a set that'd undoubtedly contain Jedi Training Rey and probably the most sought after figure of the TLJ line, Luke. Honestly I wouldn't be too disappointed if we didn't get Porgs in that set, but it would be nice to have 3 minifigs in that set, or something like some Porgs that'd equate to the standard 3 minifigs. Perhaps one of the Caretakers could make for an interesting figure. I feel like I've talked about another Mos Eisley recently here before, but this also excites me as someone who stupidly didn't buy the 2014 version. I'd love to see another version brought out.

iIRC there will be just the two in the 30 EUR Ach-To set, but that may not be final.

Dual mold those Mace Windu legs! Does the lego machine refuse to deal with Star Wars figures? Has the machine developed an evil sentience? Is the licence with Disney so bizarre it bans it?!

Edited by DrasticPlastic

Just now, DrasticPlastic said:

Dual mold those Mace Windu legs! Does the lego machine refuse to deal with Star Wars figures? Has the machine developed an evil sentience? Is the licence with Disney so bizarre it bans it?!

No it's not Disney because remember Disney owns Marvel as well and as far as I know they had some figures that had two molds for the legs or arms.

Just now, Azani said:

iIRC there will be just the two in the 30 EUR Ach-To set, but that may not be final.

Hmmm, that sucks I guess, but the fact it's a playset somewhat makes up for it. Do we know what the set will consist of in terms of the build? In my head I'm picturing a temple structure/part of a temple structure, but I'm probably wrong.

15 minutes ago, DrasticPlastic said:

now how would that look better? The old pants were horrible, because we got 90% white pants, even though most of them are covered by boots & coat in reality. Yes, side leg printing would be better, but dual molding wouldn't work at all. Then he would still lack his darker boots & 50% of his legs would be white - which is way 2 much again.

the perfect way for ALL Jedi figures would be dual molded legs (boots and pants) AND a cloth piece for the coat/robe.

I always see people complaining about the lack of moulding and printing etc. On the Star Wars figs, try being a superheroes fan... bar the Batman Movie you'd be hard pressed to find even leg printing!

That is not true, there have been tons of Super Heroes figures with dual molded arms, legs and the occasional arm printing, though it appears they are too being held back more since 2017.

We pretty much know SW is holding back on it for remake possibilities. The question is, WHEN will we finally see those nice production techniques on SW figures?

Even then, it’s quite ridiculous of Lego to omit it so many times, even on figures which will probabiliteit only be released once that desperately needed it. They now also seem to omit arm printing even though that became more and more common in 2012-2013. Bodhi Rook definitely needed a couple of imperial insignias on his upper arms.

Edited by JekPorkchops

Is it just me or has the amount of new leaks stagnated quite significantly in the last few days? At this point I wouldn't be too surprised if we've already seen all there is in terms of new minifigures for the January wave, just like the initial TLJ wave where nothing was left to be revealed by the minifig sheet :hmpf_bad: I guess the remaining minifigs are repeats of existing ones...

Edited by Lego-Freak

13 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Is it just me or has the amount of new leaks stagnated quite significantly in the last few days? At this point I wouldn't be too surprised if we've already seen all there is in terms of new minifigures for the January wave, just like the initial TLJ wave where nothing was left to be revealed by the minifig sheet :hmpf_bad: I guess the remaining minifigs are repeats of existing ones...

Sadly, I felt this exact sentiment last week. It feels reminiscent of last wave where we expected more reveals and it was already over before we knew it. I was hoping for a Praetorian or something at least. 

I have been wondering for a while now if the Ach-to build would be the Force tree or one of the stone huts and basically mirror the Yoda set for later in 2018. A caretaker would be great since it's an alien but it seems most likely we won't get even a single alien this wave. It may be because Lego didn't want to make a Canto Bight set while simultaneously reducing Ach-to to Dagobah status in the theme. 

In reality I should have expected one of the most important planets and at least 1/3 of the movie takes place would get a cheap set. Originally, I had hoped for a bigger set and then adjusted my expectations to at least a Takodana priced one. I just hope whatever build we get, it captures some semblance of the wonder and mystery of Ach-to.

Edited by Mahtion
Added clarifying details and minor grammatical corrections.

Just now, Tidy said:

it is far from over ...

Exactly. I would guess that we haven't even seen half of the upcoming TLJ minifigs, especially if one or two belong to the 75204 Sandspeeder. At most, nine or ten have been revealed so far, and there were still twenty-seven revealed in the first wave of TFA sets and six or seven more revaled in subsequent waves. Don't lose hope, guys.