MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

1 hour ago, legosamsonite said:

You mean brcause of difference in months or we are not getting two training zets next year?

As others have said, we are getting an Ach-To playset in the winter and 75208 later in 1HY. Over here, I was relatively certain that everyone knew that.

Hoping for years/some function in that upcoming Ach-To kit...

-Azani 

Edited by Azani

21 minutes ago, Azani said:

As others have said, we are getting an Ach-To playset in the winter and 75208 later in 1HY. Over here, I was relatively certain that everyone knew that.

Hoping for years/some function in that upcoming Ach-To kit...

-Azani 

Sorry i forgot there was usually two waves in the first few months of the year, although with the slowness of my stores around home, they will probably come out together XD

I have a few questions.

What does 1HY mean? Also why are they called dual battle packs, what's the difference from previous ones? Also which set is Ach-to?

9 minutes ago, Mahtion said:

What does 1HY mean?

1st half of the year or just 1st half year, e.g. 1HY 2018 is January - June 2018.

Btw, do TLG still follow that nomenclature? I see mini releases in between 1HY and 2HY, they might as well label each release by month or just 1Q, 2Q, 3Q and 4Q.

75197 Crait Battle Pack
75200 Anch-To Training
75201 Supremacy Battle
75202 Resistance Ski Speeder

found this list on 4chan, do not know it's legit because it's 4chan.

Edited by jake0324demo

Seems like this isn't common knowledge, so I'll post it here. The Republic battle pack, Solo battle pack, Yoda's Home, the 4 Solo sets, the 2 Solo CCBS figures, and the Darth Maul CCBS figure ALL release in April (according to the leaked retailer catalog). Figured that would be more helpful than "1HY".

1 hour ago, jake0324demo said:

75197 Crait Battle Pack
75200 Anch-To Training
75201 Supremacy Battle

They could be guesses based on leaks and speculation (possibly from this thread), but I could see it being real. For now, though, I'll just assume it isn't legit until a reliable source says so.

1 hour ago, Mahtion said:

why are they called dual battle packs, what's the difference from previous ones? Also which set is Ach-to?

They're not dual battle packs. They're assumed to be dual Microfighter packs (as in two Microfighters in one set). The Ahch-To set is 75200 (priced at €29.99).

Edited by Commodore Thrawn

8 hours ago, makoy said:

1st half of the year or just 1st half year, e.g. 1HY 2018 is January - June 2018.

Btw, do TLG still follow that nomenclature? I see mini releases in between 1HY and 2HY, they might as well label each release by month or just 1Q, 2Q, 3Q and 4Q.

I believe that they do, yes; that being said, they have been a bit looser with it in the last several years. I'm definitely not the only one who still does. :)

8 hours ago, jake0324demo said:

75197 Crait Battle Pack
75200 Anch-To Training
75201 Supremacy Battle

There's no point in hiding it- all of those sets are real, except for 75201. I don't know which one that is.

1 hour ago, BrickLord123 said:

Wait so we are probably getting Luke in a £20-£25 Ach-To set?

Thats what everyone is hoping. I mean he is no doubt the most disered Minifig of the new Trilogy for sure.

I hope he gets one minifig hand in a nice and shiny silver or even better: chrome.

1 hour ago, BigEl said:

Thats what everyone is hoping. I mean he is no doubt the most disered Minifig of the new Trilogy for sure.

I hope he gets one minifig hand in a nice and shiny silver or even better: chrome.

Tbh I'd be very surprised if that happened, but...

Just now, Azani said:

Tbh I'd be very surprised if that happened, but...

Stranger things have happened :grin:

7 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Resistance Rey minifigure has been leaked a few days ago, and it looks worse than in TFA game, double molded arms would have really made it great minifigure.

And the colors being wrong doesn't help. The vest is more medium grey and the pants should be tan of some sort. So no molded arms and wrong colors makes this disappointing.

Is there any rumors of rebels sets next year like exclusives, ive finally gotten my new kanan and thrawn, along with some loose figs, but i really would like to see a new zeb, any chance?

12 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

Is there any rumors of rebels sets next year like exclusives, ive finally gotten my new kanan and thrawn, along with some loose figs, but i really would like to see a new zeb, any chance?

I think that the sandspeeder (T-47) and the blue pilots could be rebels but it probably isn't.

Though what else could it be from? legends? battlefront? ninjago?

Over than that there is sadly no other info so quite possibly nothing.

Edited by Agent Kallus

Where is the concrete news on this sand speeder? I thought the sand speeder was just what every one was calling the Crait Ski Speeder before we knew the real name. Do we really think Lego is going to make a set based off of an 80s Kenner toy that hasn't been seen since?

If it's true, don't get me wrong, it sounds awesome, but it just doesn't seem realistic.

1 hour ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Where is the concrete news on this sand speeder? I thought the sand speeder was just what every one was calling the Crait Ski Speeder before we knew the real name. Do we really think Lego is going to make a set based off of an 80s Kenner toy that hasn't been seen since?

If it's true, don't get me wrong, it sounds awesome, but it just doesn't seem realistic.

A eurobricks user reported the set a few pages back. We all know Lego likes to throw in a random set or two in a wave from time to time. 

3 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

They have already done it with imperial troop transportXD

https://www.google.ru/search?q=kenner+imperial+troop+transport&newwindow=1&client=ms-android-samsung&prmd=ivmn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjdorjtkIHXAhXpQpoKHavpDE4Q_AUIEigB&biw=360&bih=560#imgrc=MJcmZ0cwHKBMYM:

2 hours ago, namioik said:

A eurobricks user reported the set a few pages back. We all know Lego likes to throw in a random set or two in a wave from time to time. 

For what it's worth, the "behind the scenes" info in the instruction booklet for 75144 UCS Snowspeeder does mention Sandspeeders as an environmental variant of the T-47.  So I guess maybe they're canon?  I find it hard to believe that the instructions were hiding an easter egg, but given the (apparent) popularity of that speeder design, maybe it's not so random after all.  I love the pilots, but like I think I said before, a new canopy element will really seal the deal for me.

EDIT: Yes, the Imperial Troop Transport is a good example of a repurposed design, but remember that it also featured in the early episodes of Rebels.  That being said, TLG and Disney have virtually limitless outlets to advertise "Sandspeeders" to kids before 2018 descends upon us.

Edited by RogueTwo

4 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

The member that posted that information is very reliable. They're not prone to making stuff up or just guessing. If they've said it's coming then as far as I'm concerned it's coming. As with RogueTwo I'm just hoping they surprise the crap out of us with a new canopy piece that we'll all want multiples of to update our snowspeeders.

36 minutes ago, BorisBritva77 said:

That was a Rebels set though. The ship even appeared in the show.

2 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

That was a Rebels set though. The ship even appeared in the show.

Troop transport have been released before any shows (rebels) by kenner. Next it appeared in rebels show. Now it seems logic that rebels show can use kenner t-47 model, you don't think so?)

The rumored sandspeeder definitely isn't 75202; I can tell you guys that. So no, the Crait vehicle is separate.

Edited by Azani

There is an unconfirmed Luke leak on facebook Lego Star Wars Collectors again, it is on tidder-bus skeal ogel