MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

A couple of things...

17 minutes ago, Tidy said:

what if the battle pack is finn/rose/executioner/phasma? and the 29E set the crait speeder? i can see the ahch-to set being the 59E one and the 79E being the a-wing vs a FO ship of some sort ... i think i could live with that ...

I might see that happening in a smaller set that's not a battle pack, but it doens't really seem like any four unique, named, figures, much less those ones, would fit snugly into the battle pack niche. Counting off of what we definitively know, I'd predict that we'll see Rose in a slightly larger set than what we got in 75176 this fall, just to balance things out. It may be 75201.

Additionally, we know that 75201 was codenamed "zulu" at some point along the line, because of that Dutch shop site that Tidy discovered a few pages back. A quick scan of the source code identifies that set as 75201.

Just now, Azani said:

A couple of things...

I might see that happening in a smaller set that's not a battle pack, but it doens't really seem like any four unique, named, figures, much less those ones, would fit snugly into the battle pack niche. Counting off of what we definitively know, I'd predict that we'll see Rose in a slightly larger set than what we got in 75176 this fall, just to balance things out. It may be 75201.

Additionally, we know that 75201 was codenamed "zulu" at some point along the line, because of that Dutch shop site that Tidy discovered a few pages back. A quick scan of the source code identifies that set as 75201.

i had forgotten about that nugget ... lol ... damn i miss my mind some days ...

they did do 4 named high profile bounty hunters this year ... strange things happen all the time ... to paraphrase rocky horror picture show, i'm shivering with antici .............. pation ...

24 minutes ago, Tidy said:

i had forgotten about that nugget ... lol ... damn i miss my mind some days ...

they did do 4 named high profile bounty hunters this year ... strange things happen all the time ... to paraphrase rocky horror picture show, i'm shivering with antici .............. pation ...

No problem. Glad that I was able to help out.

Not sure if this is noteworthy or useful at all, but I found all of the EAN codes for these sets on another Dutch website. Are those qualifying as useful information around here?

9 minutes ago, Azani said:

No problem. Glad that I was able to help out.

Not sure if this is noteworthy or useful at all, but I found all of the EAN codes for these sets on another Dutch website. Are those qualifying as useful information around here?

probably more useful in europe than here in the states ... if you had found UPC codes on the other hand, that would be very useful to me ...

So we have a Crait Skimmer set most likely, and a Resistance A-Wing set most likely. Anyone know where the red helmet figure is from?

Just now, doclord said:

So we have a Crait Skimmer set most likely, and a Resistance A-Wing set most likely. Anyone know where the red helmet figure is from?

my vote would be the sandspeeder.

9 hours ago, Tidy said:

what if the battle pack is finn/rose/executioner/phasma? and the 29E set the crait speeder? i can see the ahch-to set being the 59E one and the 79E being the a-wing vs a FO ship of some sort ... i think i could live with that ...

I would suggest that the Anch-to is in the same price bracket as Yodas hut and I don't know exactly but it's worth considering the pilots might be in the Microfighter Duel packs.^^

Someone’s already selling the new Rey, the guys with the headphones and another resistance pilot on fb for a pretty decent price. When did we get the winter wave images last year?

It's a shame LEGO continues to refuse to use dual-molded arms and legs on SW minifigs. Both Rey minifigures and the Executioner would have looked fantastic with dual-molded arms. Such a missed opportunity :(

1 hour ago, Catanas said:

I would suggest that the Anch-to is in the same price bracket as Yodas hut and I don't know exactly but it's worth considering the pilots might be in the Microfighter Duel packs.^^

Are you suggesting thst after 2 years of waiting.... It may only cost 30$ to get old luke.....

13 hours ago, Ultron said:

How...? That headset mold with hair is freaking amazing.

well, if you are going to create call center MOC its really cool, but other than that ...

It's worth mentioning the shape of the boxes according to the retail catalog. 75197 is the usual battlepack shape and 75200 has similar proportions (mostly square, but slightly wider). But 75201 is the most interesting of the bunch. It's taller than it is wide. Maybe it's a First Order AT-ST? And lastly, 75202 is much wider than it is tall. It has similar proportions to the Darth Vader's TIE vs. A-Wing set from last year, not to mention a similar price. So maybe we are getting another A-wing vs. _____ set, as @Tidy guessed.

2 hours ago, DEAD1974 said:

well, if you are going to create call center MOC its really cool, but other than that ...

Or if you want to create an accurate resistance/rebel member that actually looks like they're wearing a headset instead of printing it on their face...?

46 minutes ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

It's worth mentioning the shape of the boxes according to the retail catalog. 75197 is the usual battlepack shape and 75200 has similar proportions (mostly square, but slightly wider). But 75201 is the most interesting of the bunch. It's taller than it is wide. Maybe it's a First Order AT-ST? And lastly, 75202 is much wider than it is tall. It has similar proportions to the Darth Vader's TIE vs. A-Wing set from last year, not to mention a similar price. So maybe we are getting another A-wing vs. _____ set, as @Tidy guessed.

def worth mentioning, boxes fit the finished set profile/picture, you'll not see a star destroyer in a tall and narrow box, lol ...

75201, i was thinking its tall because possibly a force tree type scene, maybe ... the only thing that i struggle with on the a-wing vs xx is that the vader one was 99E and barely worth that price [imho - i kept the tie and minifigs and ditched the a-wing]. what ship could come with an a-wing for only 79E ... i'd die happy if it was a tie bomber ... but realistically could those two ships hit that price point and still be quality models ... the recent a-wing alone was 49E ... a 30E tie bomber would most likely disappoint. =/

dangit, just leak the sets already ... lol ... 

18 minutes ago, Ultron said:

Or if you want to create an accurate resistance/rebel member that actually looks like they're wearing a headset instead of printing it on their face...?

yay... you are right, I totally forget about that weird printing... to be honest I would more appreciate the separate part of head set, something like the add to the helmet of Boba and so on, if you understand what I mean as my English is far from perfect...

Huh that’s interesting that they might realease our first version of old Luke in a 30$ play set. If you take the money out of this, then this is kinda lame over by Lego. Like you can’t realease that in wave one? I thought they didn’t realease Luke in wave one because of a spoiler or because they wanted to save him for a big set and we already had 3 sets at 100 or more dollars

Guy on fb has a new rebel pilot (?female) whose helmet is white and has yellow firebird logo. I haven’t seen it leaked anywhere else. Any ideas where this might be coming from?

What's up with all the pilots in the two latest waves? I don't really mind getting them per se but not at the expense of other, more interesting minifigs... Or at least give us some alien pilots (C'ai Threnalli anyone? :wink:)

3 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

Guy on fb has a new rebel pilot (?female) whose helmet is white and has yellow firebird logo. I haven’t seen it leaked anywhere else. Any ideas where this might be coming from?

Which FB group?

4 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

Just post it on r/legoleaks

1 hour ago, Richpepperell said:

Check out the discussion on a post from a Hunter Bailey Lego Star Wars Coll3ctions (for die hard fans). 

Ah... that's a photo from a week ago. That's Tallie Lintra from TLJ.

75202 - Carver with White Planet Trench

Edited by Azani

31 minutes ago, Azani said:

O_O

this changes EVERYTHING!!!

yodas hut was label as great playset too. there's the luke/rey set i'd wager ...

dual microfighter packs. interesting!

white planet (crait) battle pack. hmmmm. 

Edited by Tidy