MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

1 minute ago, Tidy said:

that's totally what i did with her and finn!  head and hair on a grey and a blue FO officer!

thanks to lego, i can save some $$$ and not buy new heads to put rose and finn back together ...

It will be interesting to see how they do Finn. They could do a new hat mold for him like rose but if they are doing a battle with phasma he doesn’t have the hat so they might just include his hair 

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

It will be interesting to see how they do Finn. They could do a new hat mold for him like rose but if they are doing a battle with phasma he doesn’t have the hat so they might just include his hair 

or a hat with a little 'stud' and a hole in his mini-fro!!!

That new hair/cap mold for Rose looks very nice. I'm glad Lego didn't decide to skip on this detail and just use regular FO officer cap. Btw this set with them undercover has to include new Phasma.

Total waste of a new mold.

Instead of creating new alien heads we get helmets....more helmets.....and hairpieces with hats.

Molded Porg? No, let's use bricks with a printing!

Part of the thing that makes SW great are the fantastic alien races.... and I'm also sure kids prefer a cool looking alien over a Rose with hair/hat as one piece.

15 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think probably Praetorian Guard Battle Pack, Finn vs Phasma Duel, Ahch-To and Ski Speeder.

I'd say it's more likely that we'll get a Resistance A-Wing than a Ski-Speeder, unfortunately. I would much rather have the Ski-Speeder than another A-Wing, but the leaked green pilot with white/orange helmet seems to be a Resistance A-Wing pilot. I'd like to be proven wrong, though! It's possible that the A-Wing pilot could be piloting a Ski-Speeder. Either way, both options are likely to have Leia!

In other news, that Rose figure is great! She'll probably come in a set with disguised Finn, Phasma, and 1-2 Executioner Stormtroopers. Maybe a Supremacy play set?

Edited by Commodore Thrawn

10 hours ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

Total waste of a new mold.

Instead of creating new alien heads we get helmets....more helmets.....and hairpieces with hats.

Molded Porg? No, let's use bricks with a printing!

Part of the thing that makes SW great are the fantastic alien races.... and I'm also sure kids prefer a cool looking alien over a Rose with hair/hat as one piece.

I see your point.

A rose specific hair/hat and like molds aren't really usable ANYWHERE else. And it would be cool to get more unique aliens and stuff (Zuckass! The only bounty hunter we still don't have from ESB). But I also think you underestimate the appeal of alternative looks for known characters. Some kids love those disguise molds! Just look at all the Batmans minifigures! XD

I want molded porgs though. The the Mynoc from the MF is actually the worse thing about that set. It's so ugly!

I've just seen an Elite Bomber minifigure on facebook (name probably wrong) he has brown hair with moulding gunmetal headphones and a resistance flight suit and its also on  tidderbus skael ogel.

Spoiler

(yes I know I can say it)

Edited by Agent Kallus

28 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I've just seen an Elite Bomber minifigure on facebook (name probably wrong) he has brown hair with moulding gunmetal headphones and a resistance flight suit and its also on  tidderbus skael ogel.

Hide contents

tidderbus. i just spewed coffee all over ...

BTW, is there any further reliable info on the TIE Bomber that was mentioned?

It sure would be nice to get a new classic version, but I worry that its going to be a TLJ Version with First Order Colourization, if it comes at all...

It's already been stated earlier on this page. It's on lego leaks subreddit. Google that and you'll find it. Thank you everyone for not posting links.

3 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Reveal hidden contents

ps. patiently waiting the comments about lego wasting a mold on the hair/headphones.

insert goldmember gif saying  'oh, well, then there is no pleasing you mr powers.'

6 hours ago, Sportzjester said:

Can you say (not link) the name of that FB page?

It is Lego Star Wars Collectors but I think its been removed now because someone was trying to sell ones taken from a factory.  Its still there along with Rey and A-wing pilot.

Edited by Agent Kallus

That new pilot figure with the headsets makes me think we are indeed getting a Ski-Speeder set. We've already seen pictures of both Finn and Poe manning a speeder with similar headsets..

Hopefully not too long to go until we see the new TLJ sets! Really looking forward to this wave filling in the gaps from the Force Friday II lineup.

The stormtrooper executioner doesn't look quite right to me with this black arms. Looks like he's crying out for some dual-molds. Time to stock up on 'Syndrome arms I think!

5 hours ago, Tidy said:

ps. patiently waiting the comments about lego wasting a mold on the hair/headphones.

Why?

I'm sure every AFOL and kid had a mold like this on top of their wishlist.

tenor.gif

2 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

That new pilot figure with the headsets makes me think we are indeed getting a Ski-Speeder set. We've already seen pictures of both Finn and Poe manning a speeder with similar headsets...

You're right, it's the exact same headset:

Ähnliches Foto

Judging by the recent leaks, we're thus probably getting a ski speeder, an Ahch-To set, an A-wing and something that involves undercover Finn & Rose as well as that Executioner Stormie. Looks like the Praetorian Guards and DJ have to wait till next summer... :hmpf_bad: Unless some of the minifigs end up in the same set, thus rendering a Praetorian Guard BP or a Canto Bight set possible, which I somewhat doubt though.

Edited by Lego-Freak

18 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

You're right, it's the exact same headset:

<snip>

Judging by the recent leaks, we're thus probably getting a ski speeder, an Ahch-To set, an A-wing and something that involves undercover Finn & Rose as well as that Executioner Stormie. Looks like the Praetorian Guards and DJ have to wait till next summer... :hmpf_bad: Unless some of the minifigs end up in the same set, thus rendering a Praetorian Guard BP or a Canto Bight set possible, which I somewhat doubt though.

Looking a RO and FA shoudn't we expect a battle-pack of some sorts? though we do have jawa and jedi packs there were 4 bps in one wave in 2016.

Edited by MKJoshA
Don't quote photos

Just in case you forgot, here's the 4 rumored Last Jedi sets for next year, not including microfighters (info from @Sir von Lego and leaked retail catalog):

75197 - €16.99 (battle pack)

75200 - €29.99

75201 - €59.99

75202 - €79.99

50 minutes ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

Why?

sarcasm with a dash of snark. based off the reaction to the rose hair/hat combo. sure there are 42 other molds i'd rather see too, but i tend to keep that commentary to myself and am content to be grateful that lego is doing new things. 

1 hour ago, Richpepperell said:

The stormtrooper executioner doesn't look quite right to me with this black arms. Looks like he's crying out for some dual-molds. Time to stock up on 'Syndrome arms I think!

same thought i had when i first saw it ... and i grabbed 20 of the torsos - fun fact, the torsos were 50 cents each but sets of just arms were several dollars ... 

5 hours ago, DEAD1974 said:

that resistance guy looks terrible

How...? That headset mold with hair is freaking amazing.

4 minutes ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

Just in case you forgot, here's the 4 rumored Last Jedi sets for next year, not including microfighters (info from @Sir von Lego and leaked retail catalog):

75197 - €16.99 (battle pack)

75200 - €29.99

75201 - €59.99

75202 - €79.99

what if the battle pack is finn/rose/executioner/phasma? and the 29E set the crait speeder? i can see the ahch-to set being the 59E one and the 79E being the a-wing vs a FO ship of some sort ... i think i could live with that ...