MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

1 hour ago, Captain Britain said:

I'll try upload it to flickr soon and then post onto here for you (is that allowed?)

Thank you, my friend. I think links are not allowed. Only description how to find them XD

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

They're already on my Flickr.

Thank you. They look great. New Rey reminds me Jyn Erso. Blue pilot? Hmm. Looks like a rogue-one blue squadron minifigure, but light blue on the photo. Maby some kind of filter? And green pilot from the Last Jude. I'm sure)

The pilot in the green jumpsuit looks to be Resistance A-Wing pilot Tallie (who was included with the Hasbro version released on FF if anyone wants to check that out for comparison)

29 minutes ago, TD1000 said:

The pilot in the green jumpsuit looks to be Resistance A-Wing pilot Tallie (who was included with the Hasbro version released on FF if anyone wants to check that out for comparison)

Yeah. Definitely looks like Tallie now I've looked at that A-Wing. Hopefully the other pilot is included and it's not in a ridiculously expensive set.

The cropping just tells me someone with poor photoshop skills put it together. We’ve had Batman figures that were basically recolours so I wouldn’t rule it out. One definitely looks like the Hasbro figure and the helmet colouring is quite accurate to it... even the orange visor print. 

I have no vested interest in any of the figures as I don’t buy TFA or TLJ sets but I just hope that red helmet is legit.

On 13/07/2017 at 8:54 PM, SCREDEYE said:

That's some very interesting information you received. I wonder why LEGO would do this but let's see how this works if proven to be real!

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. Why would they call them January release if it's actually a December release?

Posting leaked photos is not allowed. Posting links to leaked photos is not allowed.

Telling someone where to go to find them is not, not allowed ;)

I'm surprised we're getting another A-Wing so soon, but I do like the TLJ design. Rey basically confirms an Ach-To set.

Does anyone know where the blue suit girl is from?

2 hours ago, doclord said:

I'm surprised we're getting another A-Wing so soon, but I do like the TLJ design. Rey basically confirms an Ach-To set.

Does anyone know where the blue suit girl is from?

a Lego factory :grin:,

I'm hoping she is from rebels season 4 as either an x-wing pilot or the pilot of this sand t-47 that is hopefully from rebels.

I say this not just out of hope but logic too, if you look at the picture below and the leak she resembles the OT pilot more than ST pilot in almost every regard.

Image result for star wars rebels pilot resistance pilot comparison

In fact rebels or not I gonna bet she is in that T-47 set.

Rebels has already included two Toy-Only vehicle designs (the imperial hovertank from concept art/LEGO as the Rogue One version has treads) and the Imperial Troop Transport (from Kenner), so I'm assuming it's from Rebels. A random Kenner toy design is probably too reaching.

6 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

a Lego factory :grin:,

I'm hoping she is from rebels season 4 as either an x-wing pilot or the pilot of this sand t-47 that is hopefully from rebels.

I say this not just out of hope but logic too, if you look at the picture below and the leak she resembles the OT pilot more than ST pilot in almost every regard.

In fact rebels or not I gonna bet she is in that T-47 set.

I would love nothing more than at least some more sets for Rebels. After all I didn't purchase any SW set since 2016 (other than Phantom II). We could finally get an update for Hera, Ezra, Sabine or just some of the many new characters... sooo much potential!
But Legos interest in Rebels is is non existant, since retailers don't want Rebels sets. Plus I can'T see any symbols on the pilots, which resemble the "old Rebellion". So give up your hopes for any Rebels set for the next years.

8 hours ago, doclord said:

Rebels has already included two Toy-Only vehicle designs (the imperial hovertank from concept art/LEGO as the Rogue One version has treads) and the Imperial Troop Transport (from Kenner), so I'm assuming it's from Rebels. A random Kenner toy design is probably too reaching.

If it doesn't show up on Rebels, maybe it will be advertised to kids via an episode of the "Freemakers" show, or some similar "original content," much like the bounty hunters.

And yeah, just saying: if we don't get a Red Leader minifigure by the end of 2018, I will be extremely disappointed...but still "standing by" until that day comes at last.  :blush:

I hope that pic of the green pilot is fake. Because based the Hasbro toy and a pic I saw on reddit, the orange visor is mounted outside of the helmet, rather than inside like OT X-wing helmet.      It would be disappointing if LEGO just re-color existing A-wing helmet pieces, instead of making new mold for TLJ design.

8 hours ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

Yeah, no need for new molds of alien heads we haven't had.... we just want MORE new helmet molds!

I was worried there might be dissenting opinions. Luckily, we are all on the same page. ;)

Upon closer inspection, the uniforms are different...very slightly in style excluding the obvious colour differences. The light blue pilot is very similar to blue squadron but has more open space above the flight vest and wider vest straps on the shoulders. 

The green pilot is similar as well but there are definitely small differences. So small, I'm surprised LEGO created a new design, if these are real.

I hope that Jon D. Branon and female pilot faces are real, so ai can have Wona Goban and Dorovio Bold in full flight gear!

8 hours ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

Edited by Brickweiser
System double replied

35 minutes ago, MakeNLego said:

What are the chances of a new UCS ISD next year?

You're looking too much into it. Until a reliable source comes out and says an ISD is coming the "rumors" that are going around are nothing but wishing and speculation 

8 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

You're looking too much into it. Until a reliable source comes out and says an ISD is coming the "rumors" that are going around are nothing but wishing and speculation 

There has been a rumor about it early in the year before it was even possible to read much into the MF pictures.

The ISD being teased the same way as the MF seems to support this rumor. While we can't be sure for certain, I think getting an UCS ISD in late 2018 is more likely than not.

Wasn’t Stash’s comment relating to the Falcon rather than the ISD though? I didn’t think his comment related to an ISD in any way.

People are looking for patterns in the packaging and seeing the silhouette. The team the ISD is in the Jakku poster is because that’s exactly where it was in the film so as a design standpoint adding that shape was obvious.

Each time the Falcon has been in ‘action’ in space throughout the OT there’s has been an ISD or two present, escaping Tatooine, escaping Hoth or the Battle of Endor. The TIE fighter is on the UCS box because that’s how that scene played out in the film.