MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

I'm pretty sure Hot Toys are making an Executioner Stormtrooper so it must be something that's getting pushed as a figure if we're seeing torch versions etc.

Interesting that they changed the mouth for the FO Executioner to match the slight changes made to the TLJ Stormies. I don't mind, but it probably would have made more sense to keep it the same as the other troopers for consistency, considering they stuck with the TFA prints in other sets. It would be like having different prints for the OT Stormtroopers to match the differences in the armour for ANH, ESB and ROTJ.

Just now, TheGeneralMoe said:

Interesting that they changed the mouth for the FO Executioner to match the slight changes made to the TLJ Stormies. I don't mind, but it probably would have made more sense to keep it the same as the other troopers for consistency, considering they stuck with the TFA prints in other sets. It would be like having different prints for the OT Stormtroopers to match the differences in the armour for ANH, ESB and ROTJ.

Don't give them any ideas, its hard enough to get some consistency when you try to build an amry... :/

seeing as it will be the last season do you think that there's any chance of at least one rebels set next year, we know the winter wave so maybe over the summer or as a retail exclusive.

58 minutes ago, Cyberfounder said:

Don't give them any ideas, its hard enough to get some consistency when you try to build an amry... :/

yes to this yes to this.

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

seeing as it will be the last season do you think that there's any chance of at least one rebels set next year, we know the winter wave so maybe over the summer or as a retail exclusive.

I was thinking about this yesterday.

There have been only 12 Rebels sets + 1 battlepack (ok, and some polybags).

7 of the sets and the battlepack were released before Force Friday 2015 (which was in september, so exactly 2 years ago)

In the last 2 years we got just 5 sets. In 2017 we got 0 sets (the Phantom 2.0 was released in some countries in 2016, so I don't count it as a 2017 set).

The leaked winter 2017/18 sets didn't include a Rebels set, so I think that theme is doomed. Sad, because I would have loved to have figs of Bendu, Cikatro etc etc. LEGO handled Rebels in a terrible way (although the start was great with the Phantom, TIE Advanced, Ghost etc)

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Highly unlikely with solo and TLJ sets needing a window in the summer wave. Retail exclusive is the only likely scenario here. I'm guessing there will be a fair mix up of OT, PT and ST sets judging by release patterns so there s my 2 cents.

Of course they may do something down the line like they did with clone wars and tartovskies clone wars too.

Edited by SCREDEYE

The TIE defender would be a must for Rebels, they could also use the theme to bring us a Sal Gurera (probably speaks wrong sorry)

On 25/09/2017 at 3:43 AM, Whovastron said:

The TIE defender would be a must for Rebels, they could also use the theme to bring us a Sal Gurera (probably speaks wrong sorry)

Unlikely Saw as they could fit him in a Rebels set further down the line.

Just now, LOTR34 said:

The fact that Lego pays more attention to the Freemaker Adventures rather than Rebels (a show far more popular and better over all) piss me off.

without freemakers there wouldn't be a bounty hunter battle pack. 

8 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

The fact that Lego pays more attention to the Freemaker Adventures rather than Rebels (a show far more popular and better over all) piss me off.

Same here, Rebels is great and way too underestimated. It suffers because the movies follow in too fast succession and those get all the investment.

There are two things I can see coming out from Rebels to wrap up the theme: a set with Maul and Seventh Sister, and a TIE Defender. Otherwise I believe we're seeing the last of it. Dave Filoni recently revealed that the next show won't be announced till 2019 at the earliest, so we have some time to see Rebels sets pop up.

<snip> (Boba Fett Brickhead for NYCC)

Has this one been posted yet? NYCC exclusive Boba Brickhead

Image from Reddit. It should be OK to post it here right?

-------

EDIT: I've removed the image just to be sure. I think the guidelines are a bit strange though. It says:

If you find an image of a new LEGO set and it is incredibly blurry or stamped "Confidential", it is a leak-please don't post it here.

The image was perfectly clear, wasn't stamped confidential, wasn't taken from a retailer catalogue or anything, I suspect it was taken from some official customer flyer or anything, just maybe not supposed to get out yet. It looked ok but I guess I won't take any chances then :wink:

Edited by TWP

10 minutes ago, TWP said:

Has this one been posted yet? NYCC exclusive Boba Brickhead

Image from Reddit. It should be OK to post it here right?

Nice find, but I doubt you'd be allowed to post that. Looks great as always but of course they just had to make it NYCC exclusive. Now we may never get a general release Boba Fett, and that's gonna piss a lot of people off, including me. 

Absolutely unbelievable that they would make Boba Fett a convention exclusive. That really pisses me off... it only makes me NOT want to collect Brickheadz. It's one thing to take a handful of products each year and make them retailer exclusives, but the convention exclusives are next to impossible to obtain without paying through the nose, even if you are able to go to the convention. TLG seriously should know better than this.

Worst part about it is there's little to no hope that we'll get a slightly different colored variant down the line like the superheroes ones. Are those sand green pieces exclusive? If not I'm gonna start work on a custom sticker sheet cause this is one that I really want but will probably never get.

I don't think SDCC sets have exclusive parts, or at least not before. Yes you could BL the parts for the set, you just don't have the special packaging and original stickers.

Someone with better memory and/or knowledge could confirm/deny this.

From the leaked photo, it looks like there are printed tiles for at minimum the belt and possibly the T-visor in the helmet... though I think that is brick-built. I think our only hope is that the convention exclusive is, say, the RotJ variant and an ESB variant comes as a general release later. 

In general I have a lot of respect for how TLG handles exclusives. It's soooo much better than how Hasbro does things (for Force Friday alone, Hasbro released 2-3 exclusives each for almost a dozen retailers, which was maddening). Hopefully this isn't a rehash of the UCS Falcon where they don't make enough, resort to lottery distribution, and aftermarket prices are 10x retail.

9 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Absolutely unbelievable that they would make Boba Fett a convention exclusive. That really pisses me off... it only makes me NOT want to collect Brickheadz. It's one thing to take a handful of products each year and make them retailer exclusives, but the convention exclusives are next to impossible to obtain without paying through the nose, even if you are able to go to the convention. TLG seriously should know better than this.

A Lego employee saw funko's and thought we can do that :pir_kiss:     

( i do not like funko's or brickheadz, but there are a lott of people that do like them)

Just so's you know. The 75204 Sandspeeder is the T-47 variant and it's not tied to TLJ. I think they're just experimenting with new things, which is good! :)