MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

@Tidy it seems that they charge 30 euros to ship to the UK which is absurd!, they do claim to have processes the order but I find this all too fishy given that you have to pay via bank transfer. Ill forward this to a few friends and see what their progress is with this site.

EDIT: site added a not in stock for the future sets according to my friend's

Edited by SCREDEYE

First image of Han Solo Movie Millennium Falcon has arrived, and it is brand new grey and blue Falcon! I think that biggest Han Solo 170€ set will be this Falcon.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

First image of Han Solo Movie Millennium Falcon has arrived, and it is brand new grey and blue Falcon! I think that biggest Han Solo 170€ set will be this Falcon.

thought the same thing this morning ... so, yay, another aluminum falcon. 

1 hour ago, SCREDEYE said:

@Tidy it seems that they charge 30 euros to ship to the UK which is absurd!, they do claim to have processes the order but I find this all too fishy given that you have to pay via bank transfer. Ill forward this to a few friends and see what their progress is with this site.

very absurd. =[

i guess it was only a matter of time before they realized they effed up ...

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That's awesome! Would you mind sending me a PM with the pics? Thanks!

11 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

it seems that they charge 30 euros to ship to the UK which is absurd!, they do claim to have processes the order but I find this all too fishy given that you have to pay via bank transfer. Ill forward this to a few friends and see what their progress is with this site.

Regardless of how unfortunate that is, it's still incredible that they haven't corrected their mistake yet. It appears to me as though all the sets in question are still listed as available for order with a wait time of eight working days.

11 hours ago, roadstermatt said:

Is this Dutch web set still offering these kits and if so could you share the like if that is allowed ??

Aa far as I've ever been around, there shouldn't be an issue there. The sets can be found on these pages.

Edited by Azani

11 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

You mean the photo MakingStarWars posted? https://makingstarwars.net/2017/09/falcon-look-like-untitled-star-wars-han-solo-story/

That's an old image from ROTS of which they say it's not unlike the one pictured, not an exact 1:1 version.

Am I correct in assuming that 75203, 75204 (the rumored "Sandspeeder"), and 75205 are retail exclusives? They're the only gaps in the set numbers for next year's sets, and it makes sense why they wouldn't be in the leaked catalog. It also makes   sense that there's 3 of them, one for each store (Toys R Us, Target, and Walmart).

16 minutes ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

Am I correct in assuming that 75203, 75204 (the rumored "Sandspeeder"), and 75205 are retail exclusives? They're the only gaps in the set numbers for next year's sets, and it makes sense why they wouldn't be in the leaked catalog. It also makes   sense that there's 3 of them, one for each store (Toys R Us, Target, and Walmart).

Judging by the rumored identities of said sets, I would say so, yeah.

On 9/17/2017 at 1:06 PM, adam1210leg said:

Please, any leaker- give us new info!!!

Hello Adam, please don't make posts like this. All new info will be posted here as soon as they are available.

On 9/7/2017 at 2:47 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

but it would overshadow and decrease sales of the UCS Falcon, it doesn't make sense for LEGO to release another Falcon, 5 months after the Falcon from Force Awakens and The Last Jedi

I think that with the best selling set of 2016 being retired and Star Wars sales in decline a pristine grey and blue systemscale Falcon would be very welcome for TLG. The €849 variant is not for anybody's wallet. (If you've got it, chances are you can afford the new one and 75105 as well to form a tryptich of Falcons from all eras)

3 hours ago, Savage Oppress said:

but it would overshadow and decrease sales of the UCS Falcon, it doesn't make sense for LEGO to release another Falcon, 5 months after the Falcon from Force Awakens and The Last Jedi

A couple of months after the black/orange X-Wing from TFA.....we got THE EXACT SAME X-Wing....but now in grey and blue.

I don't think the system scale Falcon will take anything away from sales of the UCS Falcon... if anything I think the UCS Falcon might point sales towards a system scale one... there'll be loads of kids who'll get that after asking for the large one...

Someone on Reddit found a First Order Executioner Stormtrooper LED minifig. It'll probably end up as a real figure in a 2018 set.

Edited by Commodore Thrawn

1 minute ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

Someone on Reddit found a First Order Executioner Stormtrooper LED minifig. It'll probably end up as a real figure in a 2018 set.

Looks like the mouth on the helmet is thinner too. Odd since they didn't do that to the regular Stormtroopers.

Just now, Franklinw1234 said:

Looks like the mouth on the helmet is thinner too. Odd since they didn't do that to the regular Stormtroopers.

They just wanted to reuse mouth prints I bet. I'm very happy to see the executioners, I'm interested in seeing how they build the axe.

Also, Syndrome's arms would be perfect on them.

Just now, Franklinw1234 said:

I really hope that its just on the key ring I hate that they are doing this it is pure Disney evil just to change the mouth slightly just for merchandising, I think that the existing mouth print looks better for both types of stormtroopers anyway. 

Just now, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

I really hope that its just on the key ring I hate that they are doing this it is pure Disney evil just to change the mouth slightly just for merchandising, I think that the existing mouth print looks better for both types of stormtroopers anyway. 

that is absolutely a new mouth print. seeing as the executioner is the only new trooper type introduced in TLJ, it's likely that's the only helmet that will have the TLJ style mouth.

Just now, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

I kinda agree, but I think a small difference is cool to differentiate them between the movies. They already didn't change the regular Stormtrooper helmet, so there should be no worries for that.

I feel like we will be seeing Phasma in the same set as these troopers, and if rumors of a showdown are correct then Finn might be our "hero" for the set.

Making some guesses for the "location" sets:

Luke and Chewie (and some Porgs) vs Kylo 

Finn vs Phasma and Executioner

Rey vs Praetorian Guards

This would leave us the Crait speeder with Leia and a Canto Bight (which has lots vehicles) set for DJ. That should be everyone big we're missing right?

Edited by doclord

6 hours ago, Robianco said:
10 hours ago, Savage Oppress said:

if anything I think the UCS Falcon might point sales towards a system scale one... there'll be loads of kids who'll get that after asking for the large one...

Agreed, happens all the time. From my own first-hand experiences: I asked for a certain (expensive, and beyond-budget) board game when I was younger, I was given a cheaper not-as-awesome version. I also asked for the Optimus Prime transformer, I got a smaller similar product and some Optimus Prime stationery instead, haha.

If there's a more affordable variation it will be purchased instead, should the UCS be out of your price range.

Edited by Artanis I

I feel like we'll definitely get a Luke/Anch-To related set with Rey and some porgs, giving people a cheaper way to get these main characters rather than the AT-M6 and UCS Falcon. Hopefully we'll get the Praetorians and Executioners in a battle pack. Lastly, I feel like the other sets will be the Crait Skimmer and the Canto Bight Police Speeder, but who knows, we still have 3 months till the actual movie!!

But all and all, Lego usually never makes the January sets anything crucial or spoiler heavy. It'll probably something that Star Wars already made other products of (action figures, Funko, etc.) but not in Lego form.

Well this Executioner Stormtrooper is unexpected! Hopefully this means they will appear in battlepack or a set in January. While design is only slightly different than regular stormies I like it.