MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

Does any one know if leia is in one of the 4 january TLJ sets? I have one last chance at the resistance transport i fear so i am wondering whether i should take a chance and wait for january to get her or get this before it is gone?

5 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

Does any one know if leia is in one of the 4 january TLJ sets? I have one last chance at the resistance transport i fear so i am wondering whether i should take a chance and wait for january to get her or get this before it is gone?

She has to be one of the minifigures, and she is one of them like 99%.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN
Spelling

For me it has little sense to release sets just after Christmas, when everybody's money just went away.

I would prefer a December release by far. That would be a good way to get battle packs to complement September sets as well. 

For these 2018 sets that would mean a December release of (some of) them?

Edited by dvogon
Added clarification

None of these sets really catch my interest, but I may pick up Yoda's Hut if the final product looks good. May also get the Tatooine battle pack if it goes on sale. 

I'm really hoping the TLJ and Han Solo sets next year are great. 

9 hours ago, dvogon said:

For me it has little sense to release sets just after Christmas, when everybody's money just went away.

I would prefer a December release by far. That would be a good way to get battle packs to complement September sets as well. 

For these 2018 sets that would mean a December release of (some of) them?

As far as I know, after Chrismas with all the money-presents, late presents and gift coupons and people having holidays the weeks directly after chrismas are nearky as busy as the weeks before.

Out of interest what are we expecting the £100 set for the Han Solo movie to be?  Let's be honest the obvious choice is the MF but surely we wouldn't get that again? If we did it would mean 3 MF's on the shelf at once.  

Having said all that I am aware that Han won the MF in a bet right? So maybe the movie is set before this. 

23 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Out of interest what are we expecting the £100 set for the Han Solo movie to be?  Let's be honest the obvious choice is the MF but surely we wouldn't get that again? If we did it would mean 3 MF's on the shelf at once.  

Having said all that I am aware that Han won the MF in a bet right? So maybe the movie is set before this. 

Well if the biggest set is only a £100 I wouldn't even expect the falcon, something smaller maybe like a freighter or some imperial transport. Possibly even the villains own personal vehicle who knows?

Just now, SCREDEYE said:

Well if the biggest set is only a £100 I wouldn't even expect the falcon, something smaller maybe like a freighter or some imperial transport. Possibly even the villains own personal vehicle who knows?

I don't know the prices but I was just speculating.  Majority of waves have a £120+ now I guess 

I'm pretty sure Sir Von Lego confirmed the largest Han Solo set would be about 170 EUR in his price list in the other 2018 Star Wars thread. That would certainly be a good price for a falcon. Especially since the TFA one will probably be retired soon.

Edited by Commodore Thrawn

20 minutes ago, Daniel Jackson said:

I would really want to know too if there's a new normal MF coming, as I don't have one yet. I do have the midi-scale one though, it's cute.

If they don't release one for the solo wave then get the TFA one, you'll find one on Ebay for like 80-90 pounds new in box. I met a good seller on ebay and got the set for 60 pounds plus shipping new in box.

Edited by SCREDEYE

2 hours ago, The Real Walkers said:

Has anyone else noticed that the wider picture of the four sets together shows what looks like Barris Offee in Trebor's place? The plot thickens... *huh* 

Yes that's true - well spotted. Hope it is Trebor though.

I thought Trebor was a placeholder from the start. He died in episode two and there's phase two clones, which are from episode three.

Not sure if this has been pointed out already, but the vehicles in the Clone Trooper pack and the Tatooine pack are chibi versions of a Republic Gunship and Sandcrawler, respectively.

9 hours ago, ChiefPie said:

I really hope it's not Trebor. Barris could use a update.

I hope that too. Barris could be used to create variants easily with different heads. I like the recent trend of TLG to put more characters in the battle packs and in small sets. I think they will reach more people.

The tatooine battle pack is good to populate other sets like the Cantina, the Jabba's Palace and the Sandcrawler, as the original four Jawas were not enough for such set.

Don't know if General Grievous will be somehow updated. I only have it from Grievous starfighter. And I don't have Mace, so that is a great addition. Yoda's Hut is nice, I like the new Luke and it is an excuse to build around an X-Wing :)

I was looking at the ki Adi Mundi/Barriss Offee set and was particularly interested in the clone troopers. I was looking at the box with the Barriss Offiee/cloaked figure on, not the Coleman Trebor one and the clone troopers helmet looked a bit weird. I know it's blurry and possibly me being hopefull but they looked a bit like the clone troopers from episode 3, the ones that killed ki aid mundi. The helmate I am imagining looks a bit like the one in the picture I have attached.

To add more fuel to my theory, as I was uploading the picture to go allong wih this text, I saw the black shoulder guard thing across the right chest piece (left hand side from our perspective). This is like the black shoulder/chest printing on the actual minifigures on the box. So maybe this theory isn't completely stupid. Maybe?

lego did do that Utapau troops battle pack with that one exclusive helmet so this practise of a new minor mold has been done before.

But maybe it is just a regular helmet and I am seeing things. Hard to tell when it's a collection of hard to see pixels. What do you guys think of my theory?

SIDE NOTE: Ki Adi Mundi looks like his torso is cream with a brown printing. I suspect we will recieve an episode 3 style Ki Adi Mundi like we did with the yoda's starfighter set last year. 

image.jpeg

Edited by Meerkat7799

Let's hope that Yoda's Hut will come close to this design of The Yoda Chronicles book from 2013 with a very good color scheme and nice interior.

51dCanej0eL.jpg

Edited by dvogon
typo and clarification

5 minutes ago, dvogon said:

Let's hope that Yoda's Hut will come close to this design of The Yoda Chronicles book from 2013 with a very good color scheme and nice interior.

That's the original Yoda's hut from 2004. I do hope that it is similar looking to the original though.

1 minute ago, Franklinw1234 said:

That's the original Yoda's hut from 2004. I do hope that it is similar looking to the original though.

Not realy, the new 2018 one looks a bit of a jumble. A lot taller and less dome shaped. 

Edited by Meerkat7799

49 minutes ago, Meerkat7799 said:

Not realy, the new 2018 one looks a bit of a jumble. A lot taller and less dome shaped. 

I thought that to, but I'm holiding out hope that it'll be a little neater when we see final pictures for it.  Either way I'll still be picking it up as I missed out on the first one.:grin:. Not to mention it been on my wish list for about 7 years now.:laugh:

On 25/08/2017 at 11:12 PM, Commodore Thrawn said:

I'm pretty sure Sir Von Lego confirmed the largest Han Solo set would be about 170 EUR in his price list in the other 2018 Star Wars thread. That would certainly be a good price for a falcon. Especially since the TFA one will probably be retired soon.

Do you know the prices for the summer wave and/or the Han Solo movie wave? If so can you give me them please as I missed the post from Sir Von.:grin:

2 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Do you know the prices for the summer wave and/or the Han Solo movie wave? If so can you give me them please as I missed the post from Sir Von.:grin:

DISCLAIMER: none of this is my info. This is all from @Sir von Lego in the 2018 Star Wars news thread.

75193 9.99 EUR

75194 9.99 EUR

75195 19.99 EUR

75196 19.99 EUR

75197 16.99 EUR

75198 16.99 EUR

75199 29.99 EUR

75200 29.99 EUR

75201 59.99 EUR

75202 79.99 EUR

75204 39.99 EUR

75206 16.99 EUR

75207 16.99 EUR

75208 29.99 EUR

75209 29.99 EUR

75210 49.99 EUR

75211 69.99 EUR

75212 169.99 EUR

75207, 75209, 75210, 75211, and 75212 are the set numbers for the Han Solo sets, with 75207 being a battlepack. Nothing is currently known about the summer sets.

Edited by Commodore Thrawn